Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » TA23 Celica for sa... EDITED:- **** SOLD **** (but some parts available from new owner)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
TA23 Celica for sa... EDITED:- **** SOLD **** (but some parts available from new owner) Wed, 21 January 2004 15:14 Go to next message
Hi all,

I have a 1976 TA23 Celica for sale.
Unfinished project, unregistered.
Clean chassis and engine numbers.
Rolling shell has partially been prepped- engine bay already rewired and painted (ready for engine), and rest of body half done. Very straight, little rust. Engine out of car, as is gearbox, suspension and brakes. Complete 5 speed manual drivetrain and stacks of little extra bits and pieces. Basically every component needed for complete rebuild, estimate under $500 to spend on missing parts. Just put it together!

All receipts for the following-
2T engine twin webbers extractors etc, bored to approx 1.7L, has been completely overhauled... over $1700 spent on that alone.
Brand new radiator... $300.
Various new brake components... $300.
I have purchase receipts from previous owners, clean history.

Only reason I'm selling is because the guy that was going to complete restoration with me is no longer going out with my sister... and the job is too much for me. Took me ages to source a body in such good nick, and is the perfect shell to start working on. As I have no intention of completing the project now, I'm just looking to cut my losses... so open to any reasonable offers.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=2968
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=2969
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=2970

Attachment: Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg
(Size: 43.59KB, Downloaded 2437 time(s))
Attachment: Untitled-Scanned-02.jpg
(Size: 57.73KB, Downloaded 2381 time(s))
Attachment: Untitled-Scanned-03.jpg
(Size: 51.49KB, Downloaded 2330 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 21 August 2004 03:44]

Send a private message to this user    
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Thu, 22 January 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it looks pretty good but can you email me some larger pictures ?

jeremy.marsh@getronics.com

Cheers

jeremy
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sat, 24 January 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any particular area you want to see larger?

No point in me scanning lots of different pictures if there's something in particular you would like to see Smile.

Donuts
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sun, 25 January 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, ill take everything cept the engine for $700. Your probably looking for a higher price than that but thats all i have to spend.
david...
Loki
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sun, 25 January 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice looking car,

just a few questions, how much more work needs to be done one the paint job, and what kind of ball park figure are u looking at?

Cheers, Loki
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Mon, 26 January 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey David (Donuts), that's not a crappy offer considering it's without even seeing the car in person... but could I persuade you to come over and have a look see on what you are bidding on?

I'd prefer to sell all together, but if you can come up a little more (and the other PM'ers take the engine), then you could have yourself a deal. But at $700, it's just a tad short.

Loki, the side you see in the picture is the side I HAVENT started on yet. The left hand side is all sanded back and all little dings have been punched out and filled, as is the bonnet.
Engine bay is prepped.

I guess if you want a cheap runaround you could just repaint it the same colour as you see on the right side... but the body really deserves more than that. (but ultimately not my choice, its the buyer)

There's a little rust on the rear right panel, but it's not structural (it's right at the end on the underside).

Ballpark?
If you want everything but the engine, Donut is already in the ballpark so I guess anything above that and you're in with a shot Smile. If you want the engine and its bits pieces as well, then add a little extra.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 January 2004 14:21]

alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Tue, 27 January 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i have a pic of the engine
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sat, 31 January 2004 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Plenty of people PMing me about shell/engine/the lot, and offers have been given... but no sale as yet.

This is one bump, then come Tuesday afternoon if there's still no firm buyers... it's going in the Trading Post.

No more picture requests please, 3 already posted along with description should give you an idea on whether you want to come out and have a look or not.
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Wed, 04 February 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude also if u can send me a pic of engine Leb_2_envy@hotmail.com
and do u have interior? also needed to know your number so i can contact you asap plz
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Mon, 09 February 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you want to sell the motor seperately? if so how much?
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Thu, 12 February 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the wheels! Are they 14" or 15" ?
How much would you like for them - i need some nicer wheels for my ra28. Would you like to swap, and i'll pay you the change? Mine are 14" hotwires with good tyres.
ymyars
Regular

February 2004
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sat, 14 February 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi
so how much would you sell the car without motor in it?
what is your bottom price?
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sun, 15 February 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are 15" rims, but no... not interested in trade thanks.

In regards to "bottom price", how about you give me your "high price" and we'll go from there Smile.

Ok, since everyone here doesnt understand the simple principles of "make an offer", my asking price for the whole lot is $1,250.
VERY reasonable, so dont go looking for major discounts.
ymyars
Regular

February 2004
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sun, 15 February 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx for replying
im interested in the shell only so if you are willing to sell
just the car without the motor, then let me know.
ymyars
Regular

February 2004
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Mon, 23 February 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it still for sale?
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sun, 07 March 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep... still for sale.
$1250 ono.
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sun, 07 March 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a hoy hoy. ive noticed youve been trying to sell this for a while and im getting pretty interested in it. does it have the full original interior and are there any cracks in the dash or rips in the seats? is the interior black?
is the rust just slight surface? or is it bubbling up? or is there a hole starting?
is the car a purple colour? whats the chrome like on the bumpers and are there any dints in them?
also where abouts in sydney are you? im in castle hill.

ive been looking for a ta22 for ages but depending on the price and condition of this one i could be interested.
cheers
tom
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sun, 07 March 2004 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, by the time I sit here and answer all those questions, you could be at my house looking at it for yourself Smile.
I'm in North Rocks, just on the other side of the big dipper (near Muirfield golf course)... 2 mins from your house!
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Mon, 08 March 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you free today? coz id like to come have a look at it now if you get this post can you sms me on 0405 569 503.
cheers,
tom

[Updated on: Mon, 08 March 2004 00:38]

ymyars
Regular

February 2004
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sat, 13 March 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude is there a number i can contact you on?
or can you call me on 0419826665
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Mon, 19 April 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One more final bump, then if no one wants the lot... I'll sell as parts.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Wed, 21 April 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent

[Updated on: Wed, 21 April 2004 08:47]

schmitt
Regular

February 2004
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Fri, 23 April 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you do decide to part it out i would be interested in the interior dependent on colour. would you be able to tell me what colour the interior is. that way i will be able to decide whether or not to come out and look at it. thanks very much.
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Fri, 23 April 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Black interior with chrome trim... most of it in pretty good nick (doors roof etc).

Will keep you posted on whether anyone wants it with body.
schmitt
Regular

February 2004
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sat, 01 May 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello. i am still interested in the centre console if you want to sell it. i just need one soon thats all. either post here or pm me if you want to sell it. any chance i could get a pic at schmitt_96@hotmail.com

thanks very much
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sat, 15 May 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got people interested in different parts of car, and 2 people interested in taking the lot. they have yet to come look at car, but if they fall through so far you got first dibs on console. (provided $ is cool Smile)
Loki
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sat, 15 May 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im very interested in just the rolling shell (not interior or engine)

Let me know on price, and can you send me some closer pics of the bodywork (cant come check it out prior to purchase as im pretty far away)

thanks, Loki

[Updated on: Sat, 15 May 2004 06:46]

Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sat, 15 May 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much money do you want for everything? I want it for the parts to convert my TA22 from auto to manual.
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Tue, 18 May 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More pics coming soon (a few people have asked, so I'll just post here).

Price is still the same if you want the lot... $1250ono.

Would rather sell as one, so stripping interior just so you can have the shell isnt really what I want to do. Too much stuffing about. But again, if the people who are interested in the lot fall through, you got first dibs on shell.
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Thu, 01 July 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bling Bling wrote on Tue, 18 May 2004 11:13

More pics coming soon (a few people have asked, so I'll just post here).

Price is still the same if you want the lot... $1250ono.

Would rather sell as one, so stripping interior just so you can have the shell isnt really what I want to do. Too much stuffing about. But again, if the people who are interested in the lot fall through, you got first dibs on shell.

hahahaha... "soon" Smile.
Sorry I'm so disorganised people... at this rate I'll sell the car at Christmas Smile.

Got extra pics now, but got nowhere to host.
Post your email, and I'll send.
5 Pics, 790kb in total.
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Thu, 01 July 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benjaminfuller@optusnet.com.au Smile
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Fri, 02 July 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fadee@optusnet.com.au

i just bought one not long ago but very interested in parts if thats what ends up happening. but am hapy to start with pics
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Tue, 06 July 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
emails sent.

any other takers before I start dividing up?
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Thu, 15 July 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last bump before trading post....

All the people who are interested in parts, thanks very much for emails. Will try trading post to see if someone wants the lot, then end of the month it's open to any parts chasers Smile.
All emails stored, so I kinda got an idea on who has first dibs on what. PM's will be sent to those people at end of month.

A lot of stuffing about trying to get rid of little parts here and there though, so obvious preference is to the lot going at once. But if no takers via trading post... it's a parts fiesta Smile.

Stay tuned.
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sun, 18 July 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where are you located? whats your phone number?

can look at it today preferred
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sat, 07 August 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you still have the ta23 for sale??????????????????
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sun, 08 August 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes still for sale....

Still havent even put it in trading post, just been too busy Sad.
Obviously this is not a major priority in my life atm, so I'm sorry to those who've been genuinely keen.

No more stuffing about.... not going to even bother with trading post now. Gunna split up to everyone here, what's left (if anything) is going to the wreckers!

So.... let the parts fiesta begin, who wants what??????

Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Sun, 08 August 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much for the rolling shell

EDIT: I want the lot send me your number pls

BEN

[Updated on: Sun, 08 August 2004 10:45]

Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Mon, 09 August 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Hello
I need your number Please Very Happy

BEN
2tg-ta22
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: TA23 Celica for sa... EDITED:- Parts breakup first in best dressed! Mon, 09 August 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill give u 600 for the roling shell

[Updated on: Mon, 09 August 2004 11:22]

Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Tue, 10 August 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone now where bling bling is???? Shocked
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Tue, 10 August 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe he doesnt come on much? Shocked
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sale, Unfinished project- Sydney NSW Thu, 12 August 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: TA23 Celica for sa... EDITED:- Parts breakup first in best dressed! Sat, 14 August 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still chasing those wheels.......
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sa... EDITED:- Parts breakup first in best dressed! Sun, 15 August 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry folks (especially Mr SiktoyRA23), but yeah... I'm not online that often (once or twice a week).

I've replied to all PM's sent, but if I dont reply for a few days dont get so concerned. I'll respond to every PM sent- eventually Smile. Selling the car isnt on the top of list atm, but it is ON the list so dont be afraid to send me a few "reminder" PM's.

I've written down santa's list on who wants what so far, but to all those wanting the little bits there's a couple of people still interested in the lot so of course they have the priority atm.

BTW, I'm next online about Wednesday next week Razz

EDITED:- My email is itsfullysickbro@hotmail.com, but I normally check that about as often as I check here anyway.

[Updated on: Sun, 15 August 2004 01:14]

Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: TA23 Celica for sa... EDITED:- **** SOLD **** (but some parts available) Sat, 21 August 2004 03:34 Go to previous message
Entire car and all parts sold to SikToyRA23, but from what I understand he wont be using all the parts.

For instance I'm pretty sure he's looking to sell wheels and other odd bits and pieces. To those that recently made enquires to me and are still interested, you might want to PM SikToyRA23 directly.

Recent PM's sent to me have been forwarded anyway, but PM him in any case.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: 1987 Corolla Twin Cam Seca (Sydney)
Next Topic:WTB ae86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 22:34:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073659420013428 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.