Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
ae86 hanging its ass too much Sat, 15 May 2004 12:12 Go to next message
sounds stupid, thats a good thing right? But since yesterday, taking courners and roundbouts at low speeds(20k's Very Happy 30k's) makes the rear wheels spin out more than usuall, and there,s no noise coming from the tyres,is it the suspension? the lsd? ,anyone had a similar problem? im running a levin lsd and 4ac with a pod
  Send a private message to this user    
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Sat, 15 May 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds stupid but are your tyres bald? Was the ground wet?

I know that my rear end kept wanting to slide out when I had near bald tyres on the rear ... and driving in rain meant I really had to concentrate or lose the rear end ...

You'd be surprised at how fast you have to go (30-40 km/h) before the rear end can break loose in the wet ... Rolling Eyes
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Sat, 15 May 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the tyres arent bald, it was a dry day but i no what you mean, i mean this happen yesterday, with a 4ac, only close to red line and still its hard but they why it is now makes the car seem faster then what it is, this happens mostly in 2scond gear around 3000 to 5000rpm

[Updated on: Sat, 15 May 2004 12:42]

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Sun, 16 May 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, with a lampshade filter on a 4AC, maybe the extra power really is significant... maybe!
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Sun, 16 May 2004 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Sun, 16 May 2004 13:00

Well, with a lampshade filter on a 4AC, maybe the extra power really is significant... maybe!

Haha don't be a prick! Laughing
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Sun, 16 May 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pod on a carby?
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Sun, 16 May 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Sun, 16 May 2004 19:45

pod on a carby?

hrrmm exactly what i was thinking. Razz
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Sun, 16 May 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh baby, you better believe it! This new range of hi-po air filters even lights up at night - doesn't get any more fuli sik than that, ey?

http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/P0000003.jpg
Here's version #1

http://www.comcen.com.au/~sheehan/P0000004.jpg
Here's the hi-flo version. Note the crack in the, er, airflow meter(!) Evil or Very Mad - bet that upsets the idle a bit!

[Updated on: Sun, 16 May 2004 12:00]

Flogbag
Regular

December 2003
Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Sun, 16 May 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol thats pretty funny....

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Sun, 16 May 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing the air speed drag down all the tubing will loose more power than the flow improvement from the high flow pod filter Laughing

I want pics of this conversion .

I am throwing away the turbo stuff now a 4ac and pod is all you need { someone make stickers please }
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Sun, 16 May 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only other thing that comes to mind is that the suspension must be really stiff, so much that it is skitting across the road rather than hugging it ... Confused

LSD helps break traction but with a 4AC in the dry? Rolling Eyes
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Sun, 16 May 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe rear tyre pressure is really low, thats about all i can think of.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Sun, 16 May 2004 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its called a pod filter, its like a cheese shaped filter, but there ixent a improvement on the performance, it just revs a bit more over the red line than usuall.
Could it be the lsd oil, maybe i put too much in, the rear members came with a bleed valve that spits oil out, in the garage theres drops of lsd oil on the floor. Also the stering was very heavy, the further you turn, the harder it is, but now it seems to be a bit leighter and when counter stering its leight has Smile its easier now Very Happy
The tyre pressure is right, no control arms broken or snaped, the springs are stiff, the shocks are dead, but its always been like that, the old owner has done a celica supra front brakes convertion and aparently the tires sit more in than the rear, could that be it?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Mon, 17 May 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would say your front track is wider rather than narrower. big rear swaybar?
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Mon, 17 May 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hard turning? maybe castor rods have been winded up to max
3sglevin
Regular

November 2003
Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Mon, 17 May 2004 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For something to all of a sudden start to do this, I would guess that something has failed. Check the rear suspension movement, if one side doesnt move the same as the other, then you might have a ceased shock. I would guess that is a good place to start
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Tue, 18 May 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Mon, 17 May 2004 19:46

i would say your front track is wider rather than narrower. big rear swaybar?

No
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ae86 hanging its ass too much Tue, 18 May 2004 00:42 Go to previous message
yep it could be the rear shocks, one side is higher than the other, ill go check it out with a mechanic, thx guys
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Help toyota corona st141 transplant
Next Topic:4AGE + AE86 Clutch options?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 13:36:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059139728546143 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.