Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
westlife
Regular

September 2003
icon10.gif  T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Mon, 17 May 2004 10:25 Go to next message
Hey guys !

My mate Tony over in Canada has almost finished his conversion.Its a GEN3 Camry V6 with the 1MZ-FE turbocharged using a Turbonetics T66 Very Happy

I wish this was my car,it would scare a hell of alot of people Laughing

http://www3.sympatico.ca/h.leung/Camry/CamengT66mounted.jpg

http://www3.sympatico.ca/h.leung/Camry/Camfuelsystem2.jpg

Head on over to ToyotaNation.com for more progress pics.Vids and dyno figures should be posted within the next few weeks Cool

http://www3.sympatico.ca/h.leung/Camry/Camfuelsystem1.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:40]

Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Mon, 17 May 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have to say that looks awesome! Should be surprising quite a few people I would say Wink
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Mon, 17 May 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark yeah thats sweet people should do more Camry's up! they have potential "Fear the Camry!" Evil or Very Mad I love em' every model Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Mon, 17 May 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy mother of...... ARGH!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Mon, 17 May 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote/ My man Tony over in Canada has almost finished his conversion.Its a GEN3 Camry V6 with the 1MZ-FE turbocharged using a Turbonetics T66.

Westlife - I didn't realise that you had a man in Canada Wink. Is there one here? Razz

That is a very tough ride - imagine the torque steer.

westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Mon, 17 May 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YellowRolla - Hehehe I edited it to clear any rumours Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Mon, 17 May 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey you have too :lol:well picked up
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Mon, 17 May 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats just beautiful
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Mon, 17 May 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that will be fully sik on the dyno unless its been converted to four wheel drive like that crazy dude that posted here years ago

Allan
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Tue, 18 May 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey didnt Canadians get of all things, 4wd and 2 door camrys??

that t66 v6 camry would be a lethal car in the wet though..

Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Tue, 18 May 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Certaily would be powerfull, but in frount wheel drive without some serious handinling improvement, wouldn't be much use.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Tue, 18 May 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HooN wrote on Tue, 18 May 2004 14:47

I know the 2 door sceptre exists, but show me where an awd one exists because I'd like to get it's drivechain. But then again, isn't the st185 gt4 drivechain able to be swapped straight in? I think I read somewhere that the celica and camry share the same floorpan. (This is recalling from a bad memory here).
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Tue, 18 May 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Tue, 18 May 2004 17:08

HooN wrote on Tue, 18 May 2004 14:47

I know the 2 door sceptre exists, but show me where an awd one exists because I'd like to get it's drivechain. But then again, isn't the st185 gt4 drivechain able to be swapped straight in? I think I read somewhere that the celica and camry share the same floorpan. (This is recalling from a bad memory here).

I have heard that there are all wheel drive on some USA Camrys apperently as far back as the late 80's but don't know for sure if they exists as for the Celica and Camry sharing the same floor pan would not suprise me if they did. I mean if both Camry and Celica have shared same motors at times (3S-FE,5S-FE) well theres something else they share. but to me the Celica's look smaller Confused so dunno
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Tue, 18 May 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
westlife wrote on Mon, 17 May 2004 19:55

Hey guys !

My mate Tony over in Canada has almost finished his conversion.Its a GEN3 Camry V6 with the 1MZ-FE turbocharged using a Turbonetics T66 Very Happy

It's about time someone did this to a 1MZ-FE! They are just a beautiful motor...begging for forced induction. Cool

Torque steer will drive it off the road unless he's got an LSD though!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Tue, 18 May 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I know the 2 door sceptre exists, but show me where an awd one exists because I'd like to get it's drivechain.

Do a Google search for "Camry Alltrac", they certainly do exist and they were (and probably still are) available in North America.

Oh and the word is "drivetrain"; car manufacturers abandoned the idea of chain drive some decades ago. Smile
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Tue, 18 May 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 18 May 2004 18:38

I know the 2 door sceptre exists, but show me where an awd one exists because I'd like to get it's drivechain.

Do a Google search for "Camry Alltrac", they certainly do exist and they were (and probably still are) available in North America.

Oh and the word is "drivetrain"; car manufacturers abandoned the idea of chain drive some decades ago. Smile

Cool, I'll look that up.

Also, I don't know where I was at the time, I did mean drivetrain. Why TF did I put chain? No motorbikes here. Wink Ah well, doesn't matter.
JZK25
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Tue, 18 May 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Torque steer will drive it off the road unless he's got an LSD though!
[/quote]

I don't think an LSD will stop it driving off the road with the power/torque that it promises. Powerful front drivers are always a challenge, massive torque increase through a sweeping corner = concentrate and hang on, or die.

It's looks like it'll be an impressive piece of engineering when finished judging by these pics.
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Tue, 18 May 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gotta add that the car is using a Drag Auto gearbox,its heavily modified Very Happy

4000RPM stall billet converter and LSD (yes, you got it, an LSD in an A541E), as well as a 7400RPM redline
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Tue, 18 May 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark yeah that one kick arse Camry Evil or Very Mad
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Tue, 18 May 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant seem to find any info or pics of coupe camrys or alltracs on the net. Anyone got any theyd like to share?

honky08 at hotmail.com please Very Happy

cheers

tom.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Wed, 19 May 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure wether they still make alltrac camrys, i know a Camry-based AWD Wagon is on the cards. Also there is a 2 door camry coupe/convertable called a Camry Solara, available in the US. However i rekon for the price you would be better saving for an ES300.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Wed, 19 May 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey isn't one of the lexus supposed to have a motor based on the Camry V6's motor? couldn't be bothered doing a google search Laughing
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Wed, 19 May 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah im pretty sure it is, might be some changes in the head design tho.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Wed, 19 May 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's the same engine in the ES300. In fact the ES300 is basically just an upper-spec Camry with different sheetmetal.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Wed, 19 May 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Except that the ES300 gets VVT-i.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Wed, 19 May 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't the 1MZ-FE in Camrys have VVT-i?
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Wed, 19 May 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think they do
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Wed, 19 May 2004 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh wait that the 4 cyl model Camry sorry
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Wed, 19 May 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HooN wrote on Tue, 18 May 2004 22:04

I cant seem to find any info or pics of coupe camrys or alltracs on the net. Anyone got any theyd like to share?

honky08 at hotmail.com please Very Happy

cheers

tom.

http://lima.messageboard.nl/5697/viewtopic.php?p=4 746

There's a picture there.

I have seen better ones around and rear shots that have scepter written in the plastic across the rear of the car.

But really, just imagine a widebody camry coupe.

ALL TRAC:

http://www.automotive.com/buy/used/14/52902/31/

There's one for sale. If you like the old boxy camry shape that is. Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:31]

spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Wed, 19 May 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going to be interesting to see how he routes the manifolds and dump pipe
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Wed, 19 May 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish my Camry was 4wd and had a 3S-GTE Evil or Very Mad that would be one wicked Camry Very Happy
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Wed, 19 May 2004 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not a Drag Auto gearbox, its pretty much his custom designed gearbox that he has built up from the std one but made sure to handle this power. its a one off for now, he wants to see how much it can handle and how strong it actually is atm. he could have done a manual swap but he wanted to see what he could do with the auto...

heres a photo of how he used to have the setup, before the t66, so this was when he had a ct-26 with a 57 trim wheel..

http://htracing3.homestead.com/files/Camry/CamTurboComplete.jpg
http://htracing3.homestead.com/files/Camry/cameng4c.jpg

Huy
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Thu, 20 May 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like there is some serious work on that engine.

US V6 1MZ-FE Camry are vvti.

Typically all trac Camry were based on the RAV 4 engine and drivetrain, or maybe that is the RAV was based on a 4wd Camry. Don't know about now.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 May 2004 06:54]

da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Thu, 20 May 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the gen2 alltrac was based on the celica alltrac, however this made the car very sluggish as the 3sfe wasnt that powerful to start with and the added weight doesnt help...

if im right Tony's 1mzfe doesnt have vvt-i

Huy
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Fri, 21 May 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_horse wrote on Thu, 20 May 2004 23:07

the gen2 alltrac was based on the celica alltrac, however this made the car very sluggish as the 3sfe wasnt that powerful to start with and the added weight doesnt help...

if im right Tony's 1mzfe doesnt have vvt-i

Huy

A Celica all trac was a GT4. A SV25 all trac Camry never had the 3S-GTE or GT4 drivetrain. The SV25 had the same engine and drivetrain as the RAV4s. But since the RAV4 is newer I would say the RAV4 was based on the SV25 Camry.
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Fri, 21 May 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That camry coupe looks sexy....

How did the Turbo Camry go with the ct26? i sure hope hes got bonnet vents the way that piping is going, but it looks like theres no other way of doing it in that cramped engine bay. Top stuff.

tom.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: T66 V6 Turbocharged Camry Sat, 22 May 2004 01:58 Go to previous message
well it already has some serious heat sheilding, but i would say some more airflow is in order.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My freaking diff hasnt turned up!!!! (rant)
Next Topic:The Sprinters gettin fixed and the new plates are ready for pickup!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 17:45:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096220970153809 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.