Toymods » The Outhouse » The beheading?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: The beheading? Fri, 14 May 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SeptemberSquallIndustries wrote on Fri, 14 May 2004 21:37

I've heard of this video before do you have it?

I have it.........Its only 400 odd K so I could email it to you if you want
  Send a private message to this user    
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The beheading? Fri, 14 May 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mjpit1 at student.monash.edu.au
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: The beheading? Fri, 14 May 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You think its wise to let your uni know what your watching?
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: The beheading? Fri, 14 May 2004 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there........
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Response to terrorism Fri, 14 May 2004 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bad dude ..

Quote:

If you let the terrorists know that they can bully nations not to oppose them, then they will get bolder and bolder in their attacks and they will paralyze the world.

Totally agree! I am not the most informed on all this at the moment due to not keeping up with the news, but this is so true. What do they want, for everyone to go...gee they are really bad and hurting a lot of people, we surrender -

they are so evil (Al Queda) they are not going to say they've succeeded and give up..they will keep doing these attrocities till they are the only ones left. The other countries could be "saints" and they would still find some cause of complaint. Their perception is so twisted they do not understand the consequence of their inhumane actions and hence have no understanding of the "sanctity of life". They feel they are serving God, which is the whole problem...

[Updated on: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:21]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: The beheading? Fri, 14 May 2004 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(unban)
Quote:

actually i urge ppl to watch this for the following reasons
to see what the real world is like outside the sheltered lives we live in australia and what the media thats controlled desires us to see
also to really understand the world we live in and what "democracy" results in

I think you are still watching what the media wants you to see Razz I don't see how watching someone get beheaded gives you a greater understanding of the situation. It's just a visual aid - if you need that to help you figure it all out, that's okay - but don't presume that other people are sheltered because they don't require visual aids to come to conclusions about what goes on in the world.
(/unban)
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Response to terrorism Fri, 14 May 2004 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HighRolla wrote on Sat, 15 May 2004 01:20

Bad dude ..

Quote:

If you let the terrorists know that they can bully nations not to oppose them, then they will get bolder and bolder in their attacks and they will paralyze the world.

Totally agree! I am not the most informed on all this at the moment due to not keeping up with the news, but this is so true. What do they want, for everyone to go...gee they are really bad and hurting a lot of people, we surrender -

they are so evil (Al Queda) they are not going to say they've succeeded and give up..they will keep doing these attrocities till they are the only ones left. The other countries could be "saints" and they would still find some cause of complaint. Their perception is so twisted they do not understand the consequence of their inhumane actions and hence have no understanding of the "sanctity of life". They feel they are serving God, which is the whole problem...

Do you beleive that AL Queda wants to kill everyone except "themselves"?

[Updated on: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:44]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Response to terrorism Sat, 15 May 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Mate, surely you know that it just the "infidels" that have to die. ie, you, me, anyone else who isn't a Muslim..

Time to catch up on Islamic doctrine methinks Wink
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Response to terrorism Sat, 15 May 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought that was a given Rolling Eyes

Gee, you have to be precise in here to cover your but! I know I did phrase it wrongly..but to be fair I had had a few schooies last night. Shouldn't talk about religion after drinks I guess is the lesson..you leave yourself wide open Surprised

Knowledge is not assumed I guess..I'm not really that dumb, if I don't know something I'm the first to admit Cool. Just graduated from uni yesterday..not in Religion History or anything but i Did do RE through HSC and found it very interesting, thought it was something every school student should do. I went to a catholic school, but the course is very general and covers a little about all religion etc (i.e. not trying to "sell" one religion to you). The human ethics elective was something I enjoyed..as with most religous issues there is no clear answer and there never will be.

Good luck with posting.. I might take a back seat.much easier that way Laughing

[Updated on: Sat, 15 May 2004 01:59]

HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: The beheading? Sat, 15 May 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Thu, 13 May 2004 16:46

We are just as responsible for the attrocities because our majority supported our Prime Minister's actions.

I dont recall there being a referendum concerning our involvement in this war. There was no choice for the public at large. And all this talk of bringing the troops home, it sounds like closing the gate after the horse has bolted. How can anyone invade a country, turn it upside down then leave? Vietnam anyone?

BadDude wrote on Fri, 14 May 2004 10:12

I think Bush used the world's support of combating terrorism to gain support for going into Iraq, which was a different issue entirely.

Now that the world sees that going into Iraq seems to have been a mistake, I am afraid that there will not be support for continuing to fight terrorism.

The way Spain has backed out recently because it sees the Al Qaeda attacks against it recently as being because of its involvement--that is such a mistake. If you let the terrorists know that they can bully nations not to oppose them, then they will get bolder and bolder in their attacks and they will paralyze the world.

I somehow recall that this war was entered into without the UN Security council support, or support of most of the UN you could say. I fail to see how any country could invade another country without UN support and call themselves right. And Spain pulled out because of a long standing election promise made by a candidate who eventually came into power, not because of a spur of the moment decision after the deaths of their soldiers.

I will quit here as Politics creates more tension than is relieved by its discussion.

[Updated on: Sat, 15 May 2004 08:28]

Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Response to terrorism Sat, 15 May 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Sat, 15 May 2004 11:31

Quote:

Any specifics, can you can point me in the right direction?
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The beheading? Sat, 15 May 2004 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was watching one of those 24hour news stations on fox the other day and they claimed the poor guy who was beheaded had links to some of the September 11th suspects and although he was a practicing Jew, had a copy of the Koran(sp)

I don't know the full story as I only got sections of it, did anyone else hear about this???
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: The beheading? Sun, 16 May 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I heard he was a contractor looking for work but rumors can start over these things so don't know
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The beheading? Sun, 16 May 2004 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I heard he was on holiday...

sounds a bit like chinese wispers.... Very Happy
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The beheading? Sun, 16 May 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Callifo wrote on Fri, 14 May 2004 23:51

You think its wise to let your uni know what your watching?

And they're going to dicipline me for a healthy interest in global political and cultural affairs?
nicked
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2003
Re: Response to terrorism Sun, 16 May 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Sat, 15 May 2004 11:31

Quote:

Mate, surely you know that it just the "infidels" that have to die. ie, you, me, anyone else who isn't a Muslim..

That'd be Al-Queda doctrine. I don't recall any of the muslims i know declaring their intention to kill me recently Wink

Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: The beheading? Sun, 16 May 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldnt really call it a healthy interest. Just to know it happened most would consider enough.
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: The beheading? Mon, 17 May 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From the discussions we had at work the conclusion was gathered with everyone agreeing, that unfortunately every party is wrong in this situation.

1. Every solder knows the Geneva Convention, I think the basics if it is known universally by everyone. What the Americans did to the Iraqi prisoners was against that, so wrong.
2. If an individual is caught by the enemy and is not a solder he may be considered a spy. That means the Geneva Convention does not apply and certian execution. Was there proof of of him being a spy? Even if he was it still does not give the right to hack someone to death.
3. What was a Jewish American civilian doing there? I heard he was looking for work. His fault for being in Iraq in the first place. Just another case of the weak/stupid being dropped out of the human gene pool?

It's hard to believe it has come to this, but I think in all wars this kind of thing sadly happens. It is just not as widely seen by outsiders. With the power of communications as they are now and the easy access to it with such tools as the internet I think we will be seeing more of this.

It is always been said "there really are no rules when it comes to love and war". It just shows how much like wild animals humans can be.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: The beheading? Mon, 17 May 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the human race can be pretty fucked at times :(sad but true
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: The beheading? Tue, 18 May 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsdeo wrote on Mon, 17 May 2004 14:49

From the discussions we had at work the conclusion was gathered with everyone agreeing, that unfortunately every party is wrong in this situation.

1. Every solder knows the Geneva Convention, I think the basics if it is known universally by everyone. What the Americans did to the Iraqi prisoners was against that, so wrong.
2. If an individual is caught by the enemy and is not a solder he may be considered a spy. That means the Geneva Convention does not apply and certian execution. Was there proof of of him being a spy? Even if he was it still does not give the right to hack someone to death.
3. What was a Jewish American civilian doing there? I heard he was looking for work. His fault for being in Iraq in the first place. Just another case of the weak/stupid being dropped out of the human gene pool?

It's hard to believe it has come to this, but I think in all wars this kind of thing sadly happens. It is just not as widely seen by outsiders. With the power of communications as they are now and the easy access to it with such tools as the internet I think we will be seeing more of this.

It is always been said "there really are no rules when it comes to love and war". It just shows how much like wild animals humans can be.

These iraqi prisoners as far as the geneva convention is concerned could in fact be shot and the geneva convention WOULD NOT APPLY!

This is because The genva convention appllies ONLY TO MILITARY PERSONNEL. these iraqi C*NTS deserve every beating they get. They are being held because they were found to be TERRORISTS, not soilders. (Under the convention, any person bearing arms while not in uniform, say for example an iraqi terrorist maybe, is not protected by the convention)

I hope no-one feels sorry for the bastard that are being held by the yanks, coz they shouldn't... no-one likes a terrorist.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 May 2004 07:19]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: The beheading? Tue, 18 May 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(unban)
You call them military personel, terrorists, prisoners...

I call them human beings.

Stop making everything so political when we are talking about people here ffs.
(/unban)
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: The beheading? Tue, 18 May 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude you gotta wake up and get real.

sure it's nice to talk about one in that idealistic way. I only wish it was like that...but this isn't magical fairy land.

don't get me wrong I'm not happy with the state of society.

Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: The beheading? Tue, 18 May 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tripmcneily wrote on Tue, 18 May 2004 18:46

Dude you gotta wake up and get real.

sure it's nice to talk about one in that idealistic way. I only wish it was like that...but this isn't magical fairy land.

don't get me wrong I'm not happy with the state of society.

You, along with the terrorists and others alike in the world, are the reason i hate people.

Have a nice day. Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: The beheading? Tue, 18 May 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah and accepting 'the way the world is' is going to do a fucking world of good isn't it Razz
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: The beheading? Tue, 18 May 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate the world the way it is Crying or Very Sad but you never know it miight change :)doubt it though Crying or Very Sad
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: The beheading? Tue, 18 May 2004 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Tue, 18 May 2004 21:14

Yeah and accepting 'the way the world is' is going to do a fucking world of good isn't it Razz

It works for me, accepting that war and death and people being complete fucks is a part of life helps keep things in perspective for me instead of getting totally depressed about the state of it all.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: The beheading? Tue, 18 May 2004 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You shouldn't make assumptions about other people's mental state...I can see it might get you into trouble. I'm personally very hopeful and positive about the way things will be and I don't think that I'm not a factor in the equation...in fact your resignation to the helplessness/'truth' could raise questions about your own state of mind, but I'm not the type to assume.

Instead of having a pissing contest about how is the more stubborn, I would suggest to you that you read up on some eastern philosophy, particularly Krishnamurti...that way perhaps you can better understand my perspective, instead of simply stating that I am depressed and in a dream land Smile

If you have any *helpful* suggestions for me that will make me better understand your side of things, I'll gladly take them up! (suggestions such as 'pull yer head outta yer arse' will be duly ignored)
MRNOVA
Regular

January 2003
Up The Novas!
Re: The beheading? Tue, 18 May 2004 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is f*&%ked up!!!!
i if i was a father, of if one of my family members or frineds got his head sawn off, i would sell everything i owned and buy the biggest dirtyest bomb i could, and blow fucking iraq of the map! That is just wrong!!!!
Life some people say.............

More like.......There are some fucking sick individuals out there! Sorry to swear, but thats just what i have to say on the subject!!!!

If i seriously had my way right now, i would cut there skin with razor blades, cover them in bp ultimate and ignite them!
But do it one by one, so they saw the other person squeal!!!

Sorry to be crude, and sorry if i offended anyone!
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: The beheading? Tue, 18 May 2004 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please lets not fight amongst ourselves, there is already enough of that going on.

It's too bad people, states or nations could not settle thier differences on the track.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: The beheading? Tue, 18 May 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRNOVA - it's a bit sad that you feel that way, because that's exactly the kind of attitude that lead to this kind of atrocity in the first place. Revenge is truly the weakest of reasons to 'justify' the unjustifiable. (They see Iraqi's mistreated in prison, they cut off an Americans head)

No offense taken though

I'm with rsdeo - because that way there'd be more government funding for racing - hehehe Very Happy
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: The beheading? Wed, 19 May 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Wed, 19 May 2004 09:45

I'm with rsdeo - because that way there'd be more government funding for racing - hehehe Very Happy

That's awesome, never even thought of that. Very cool.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The beheading? Wed, 19 May 2004 00:25 Go to previous message
MRNOVA wrote on Wed, 19 May 2004 01:28

That is f*&%ked up!!!!
i if i was a father, of if one of my family members or frineds got his head sawn off, i would sell everything i owned and buy the biggest dirtyest bomb i could, and blow fucking iraq of the map! That is just wrong!!!!
Life some people say.............

More like.......There are some fucking sick individuals out there! Sorry to swear, but thats just what i have to say on the subject!!!!

If i seriously had my way right now, i would cut there skin with razor blades, cover them in bp ultimate and ignite them!
But do it one by one, so they saw the other person squeal!!!

Sorry to be crude, and sorry if i offended anyone!

no offense taken BUT it seems to me that we as humans don't REALLY know how to have a disagreement without eventually wanting some sort of revenge.... or last word... we get our feelings hurt and that is a problem... we don't know how to listen be objective or just let someone have there say without taking it on..... when most of the time it's your stuff and if we just thought nice thoughts about the people that we don't like instead of hate we would be better of all round.....
Very Happy Very Happy
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Are women on a diet a turn off
Next Topic:Ringtones for Nokia 7650?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:24:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067179203033447 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.