Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Advice on wheel + tyre sizing for ST165

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Advice on wheel + tyre sizing for ST165 Wed, 19 May 2004 02:57 Go to next message
After much deliberation i have come to the conclusion that the time has come to replace the stock wheels. I have had wheels picked out for about 6 months (white Buddy Club P1 II's) but i am am not sure what size i should get. Obviously this won't be the only place i seek advice, as i will be doing the rounds when it comes time to quote.

It basically comes down to 16" with a higher profile (for ride comfort) or 17" with a lower profile (for looks, handling and clearance). I guess what i'm asking is can anyone point out some of the issues i face? Would 17's rub on the guards or significantly reduce the presently good compromise between ride and handling

Thanks for the input, Tim.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 May 2004 02:59]

Send a private message to this user    
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Advice on wheel + tyre sizing for ST165 Wed, 19 May 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be subjective and say 16".

17" work alright if you live in a city where the roads are smooth etc, but depending what width rim you get you could get some strut/guard fouling...and the 'performance advantage' of 17" over 16" is pretty much nil, especially on the road.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Advice on wheel + tyre sizing for ST165 Wed, 19 May 2004 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
since u have the 4WD i would go the 16", i run 17" with a 35 profile bu i would like larger because they are like rubber bands.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Advice on wheel + tyre sizing for ST165 Wed, 19 May 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the input guys. I was leaning towards the 16's anyway, but to have a few people agree with my logic is reassuring. Will post something in the "Member's Ride" section once i get them on...
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Advice on wheel + tyre sizing for ST165 Thu, 20 May 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tell me the spec of the standard 15 inch tyres and I will let you know what size 16 inch rubber is closest in overall diameter.
Mitch.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 May 2004 02:34]

StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Advice on wheel + tyre sizing for ST165 Thu, 20 May 2004 08:48 Go to previous message
or check out this link. Its a tyre size calculator - great help

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

(copy and paste link)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:vacum lines on 7mgte
Next Topic:Steering rack boot replacement AE92 -quick one
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:00:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051631927490234 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar