Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » TOKICO Shocks?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 02:28 Go to next message
Has anyone used these or heard anything about them? I have been told by a few places today that they are very good(better than KYB) but they are also a bit more expensive.

So yeah, any thoughts?
  Send a private message to this user    
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just wrote this on another thread somewhere else today but...

Tokico Corporation make KYB...

...and pretty much all of the Jap made shocks you will find are made by Tokico Corp. look closely at a set TRD shocks and you will see Tokico printed on them! Yes... like Pedders and Monroe? But Japanese version. I believe they also make the inserts for all of the major manufacturers of Coilovers (etc. Tien, Cusco etc...)
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just wrote this on another thread somewhere else today but...

Tokico Corporation make KYB...

...and pretty much all of the Jap made shocks you will find are made by Tokico Corp. look closely at a set TRD shocks and you will see Tokico printed on them! Yes... like Pedders and Monroe? But Japanese version. I believe they also make the inserts for all of the major manufacturers of Coilovers (etc. Tien, Cusco etc...)
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting. Thanks
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a set sitting next to me as i type Very Happy

After chatting with KYB importer in NSW, they are no longer bringing in the KYB's for the MA61 and id say the older celicas are in much the same boat. Purely because its not worth their while to service that market.

After alot of comparison threads on www.celicasupra.com forums it seemed that the Tokico's rated better than the KYB's being alot firmer.

I bought my set off ebay from toysport.com and they were pretty damn cheap $360 delivered.

Im still waiting on my 'custom' king springs to be made up Rolling Eyes before i can give you a rating, but im sure they will be much better than the worn factory stuff!

T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WAIT thats $360 for 2 pairs? Front and Rear?
You don't know if they have it for TA22s do you?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a set order for the front of a TA22 at $260 for the pair.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All four Smile

and the shipping was a killer!

EDIT: Ebay ID is toyhookup. It is the ebay shop for toysport.com so they may be able to help you out in that regard.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 March 2004 06:27]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had tokico standard replacements for a while. very good, shat all over the K-macs Sad

my opinion is that they are a very good quality shock.. theres a couple of places in the US (ones in NY state) where you can get very well priced adjustable shocks for early corollas and celicas (like US$25-50 each)....

Cya, Stewart
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tokico HTS are the best shocks for ae86 available
exxy as hell though
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 11 March 2004 15:17

After chatting with KYB importer in NSW, they are no longer bringing in the KYB's for the MA61

who told u that, my mate at GSA suspension that they were just outta stock till january/feb {i asked in dec}

that 11.8 sec AE86 in the other post on here is running them
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I picked some up tonight. Not a bad looking shock, not bad at all Embarassed
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tokico HTS(102) for AE86 arent crazy expensive, i have found them for about 600 plus postage, may be getting some if i can find a few other people who want them, save on postage!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Thu, 11 March 2004 20:51

After chatting with KYB importer in NSW, they are no longer bringing in the KYB's for the MA61

who told u that, my mate at GSA suspension that they were just outta stock till january/feb {i asked in dec}

Roadsafe NSW (NSW KYB Distributor)

This was in direct reference to MA61 shocks.

Cool1: Are they a pretty blue colour Wink ?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, They are a sparkling metallic silver colour Wink
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a KYB imposter!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Thu, 11 March 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably. They do have TOKICO written on them Rolling Eyes
HedgehogSandwich
Regular

May 2002
Re: TOKICO Shocks? Fri, 12 March 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've heard that the tokico illuminas (which are upgrades to replace the TEMS units on equipped cars, which incidentally are KYB's) are lucky to last six months before one of them blows.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Mon, 17 May 2004 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

After chatting with KYB importer in NSW, they are no longer bringing in the KYB's for the MA61 and id say the older celicas are in much the same boat. Purely because its not worth their while to service that market.

After alot of comparison threads on www.celicasupra.com forums it seemed that the Tokico's rated better than the KYB's being alot firmer.

I bought my set off ebay from toysport.com and they were pretty damn cheap $360 delivered.

Im still waiting on my 'custom' king springs to be made up Rolling Eyes before i can give you a rating, but im sure they will be much better than the worn factory stuff!

if you dont mind, how much australian dorrah did they cost landed?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: TOKICO Shocks? Mon, 17 May 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Tue, 18 May 2004 05:13

Derr.....

And just for reference, mine cost $400 about 3 weeks ago
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Tue, 18 May 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 18 May 2004 09:04

Cyber-punk wrote on Tue, 18 May 2004 05:13

Derr.....

And just for reference, mine cost $400 about 3 weeks ago

damn it
i really shouldnt hop on the net when i wake up
and i dont care about your $400 3 weeks ago....i much prefer the sound of $360 Razz
i'm cheap :/
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TOKICO Shocks? Tue, 18 May 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was with an exchange rate of 85 cents though. Laughing
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Tue, 18 May 2004 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in that case you are so lucky i dont know where you live Razz
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Tue, 18 May 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was talking to the guys from Toysport today, and found out that the US Tokico Performance range is NOT the HTS102s which we so eagerly desire.
Sorry guys.
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: TOKICO Shocks? Wed, 19 May 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got my hts from a guy in japan that posts on club4ag. I think his username is Okinawalevin or something similar. He is in the marines there.

Brad
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Wed, 19 May 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Thu, 11 March 2004 22:04

tokico HTS(102) for AE86 arent crazy expensive, i have found them for about 600 plus postage, may be getting some if i can find a few other people who want them, save on postage!

$600 plus postage ehh. What about a group discount?. Heh. You could count me in, in that case.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TOKICO Shocks? Wed, 19 May 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Wed, 19 May 2004 07:08

Id just jump in the car and drive off, the 5ME powahs would have no chance
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TOKICO Shocks? Wed, 19 May 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 19 May 2004 17:14

Cyber-punk wrote on Wed, 19 May 2004 07:08

Id just jump in the car and drive off, the 5ME powahs would have no chance

what? chasing the 2jz? LOL! Laughing

'sif
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: TOKICO Shocks? Wed, 19 May 2004 07:31 Go to previous message
FWIW Greenline has them for $560+ post. But post is Y15500 and ends up being $720
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE pod install
Next Topic:1GGTE Info
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 08:33:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054121017456055 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.