Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3tgte legal??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
scubba
Regular

May 2004
3tgte legal?? Wed, 19 May 2004 06:33 Go to next message
hey ppl i just wanna no if the 3tgte 1.8l turbo is legal to be put in a ke20 in N.S.W coz i was looking at doing a 4agze conversion but now that i found this engine that go's for about 1000-1500 i wouldnt mind seeing if its legal and if it will fit cheers.. steve
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 3tgte legal?? Wed, 19 May 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya Scubba?

ask an engineer Wink or look up te code of practive of light vehicle modification.

turbo = 2.5 times original car weight (of the sedan model)

1800/2.5=720kg

i'm pretty sure it is more than this, and yellorolla has this motor in his KE20.

yes it will fit...

you will need much bigger brakes if you wanna live tho, and W series box may require tunnel enlarging.

find a good engineer.

Cya, Stewart
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3tgte legal?? Wed, 19 May 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is a legal conversion. The weight by the book for the the KE20 is 770kg x 2.5 = 1925 cc
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3tgte legal?? Wed, 19 May 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey if it weighed a bit more u could put a 3sgte in there.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3tgte legal?? Wed, 19 May 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fcuk it. Put in a 3S GTE anyway.
bootheman
Regular

March 2003

Re: 3tgte legal?? Wed, 19 May 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after all the trouble i had with a 3tgte id go the 4agze and turbo it Razz

more RELIABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scubba
Regular

May 2004
Re: 3tgte legal?? Wed, 19 May 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool yer im looking at buying a set of dba longlike ultra heavy duty rotors ( cross drilled and slotted) they r $147 each rotor not fitted but.. but hey better having over sized brakes then undersized and also another question what r the main problems 3tgte's have for eg over heat, water/oil leaks ???? and if 3tgte's do have problems like that would it be i good idea to buy a reco 3tgte?
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3tgte legal?? Wed, 19 May 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only inherent problem that I see with the 3T GTE is that they use a bit of oil (any engine will when revved repeatedly and 20+ psi will help you use some more) and that you can well do with larger sump.

I would hestitate to just get into a 4A GE and turbo it as there is quite a bit of work to turbo an engine that wasn't fitted with one originally.

Brakes - you mention slotted and drilled; but what are they off? Are they bigger than standard?

I have 10.25in rotors on front with 4 spot HiLux calipers + I went disc brakes rear.

I must warn - fitting this engine to the KE20 is not for the feint hearted - it takes a lot of work and patience (if not downright stubborness) in my experience.
bootheman
Regular

March 2003

Re: 3tgte legal?? Thu, 20 May 2004 00:58 Go to previous message
my main probs
ct20 is a peice of shit,
overheating problems

and when something goes bang, REPLACEMENT PARTS!
your far better of going a turbo conv on a 4agze then a 3tgte, i mean 4agze u blow one u can replace it quick sticks.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:aw11 rims 18" is it possible ?
Next Topic:AW11 4A-GZE into a AE82/92
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:12:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036449432373047 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.