Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon5.gif  Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sat, 15 May 2004 12:37 Go to next message
Ok I am starting to get concerned about my list of desired project cars.

The Celica is and always will be my number one baby but I just can't seem to stop with just one toy. I have come to the realisation that I have a thing for wagons and was just wondering if I have lost the plot ???

Ok As soon as the Celica is Finished I will be working on my as yet uncollected but newly purchased MS63 Crown Custom Wagon.

They look like this:

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Crowns/MS6x%20Wagons/late%20ms63%20wagon.jpg

The current plan is to keep it tame, Mica red paint job, Billet Wheels, Rear venetions, Cream interior and a healthy 7MGE up front.

Then I Really want to defect for a little while to one of these puppies !

http://www.chrysler.gil.com.au/ap6_wag2.jpg

I am still new to the Valiant Scene but believe this to be an AP6 Valiant Safari Wagon. No idea what year model but damn they are cool. A set of 5 Spoke dragways and some nice paint is all the body needs... Then a wicked 440cc V8 up front Wink

Incidently a slightly later model Valiant Wagon was reported to be running in the 12's at WSID last thursday !

And finally I have been having recuring wishes to forefill my plans to play with a 1UZ. Since the only crown they fit in is the early series, I can think of no better option than one of these:

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Crowns/MS4x%20Wagons/1967%2520crown.jpg

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Crowns/MS4x%20Wagons/67crwwb.jpg

Can you imagine that with a twin Turbo 1UZ running down the quarter ?

I can see the garge now, 3 Wicked wagons and the TA22 beside them. SO am I Losing it ????

Send a private message to this user    
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sat, 15 May 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And giventhe chance i would still love to get another stout lite:

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Stout/Rods%20Stout/Empty%20Tray%20003.jpg

Bright fuck off orange paint, Red hardwoo tray with chrome roll bar, billet wheels with white wall tires, truck stack exhasut And drop a very healthy 1GGTE in it Wink mmmmmm I miss my chicken truck Sad

[Updated on: Sat, 15 May 2004 12:45]

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sat, 15 May 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod, I have always been partial to wagons. For reasons other than that, I can categorically state that you have lost the fucking plot.

Go the Val - the 440 is supposed to be very good for low rpm power. If you really want to whet the appetite for top end all out stonking grunt - go the 426 hemi.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sat, 15 May 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they look good.. but i couldnt see myself buying one
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wagons are cool, everyone knows this (well cool people do anyway). If my V12 plans had materialised it would have been going into a wagon of some description, probably a Crown. How many people do you know with a V12 wagon? Laughing
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wagon's are cool Rod. You haven't lost the plot. People thought I was funny when they first say my MS53 Look at it now.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod you do not have a problem

wagons are pimp

fast wagson are even better Very Happy

go champion!
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod do not be concerned..Wagonitius is a progressive development of Luxobargeism...its comes from being in the vicinity of all those Crowns..and while we revealing all...what ever happened to "the other white 2 door"...you know the one..XRE405 or am I looking to the wrong Rod?
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing wrong with the wagons, i'm really looking into buying an AE95 for my next car, then a 4AGZE down the track for a bit more power

I think the valiant AP6's were made around the mid/late 60's.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think a doctors visit is needed ..

you need a good dose of " finish the fucking ta22 ! " then a good treatment of " make the wagon into a retro towing beast "

Very Happy

PS do you still live near Rob-st162's ?

Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AP5 from June 1963 to the upgrade in March 1964 then discontinued with the AP6 Hitting the street in March 1965...upgrade in March 1966 then Discontinued in April 1966 when the VC came out..
Rod ...your dream wagon looks like a 1965/66 AP6 because of the body coloured centre section in the grille...the AP5's had a straight across bar type grille..the Safari was the one to have with metal air deflectors mounted on the back pillars to blow the dust of the back window..You will of course have to move to South Australia is you buy one 'cause all those blue star people are out there hordeing Valiant stuff like its gold......well thats what a former workmate told me ..and she would know...You reading this Nola???...ring me...
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod, all my cars have been wagon's except for my 69 corona.....
( launched at the lights ) and they really have style.. Cool
get some glow stars some venetians and your set buddy....

and they look even better when they go FAST Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new wagons dont look half as cool as old wagons
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg,

Thanks for that mate Smile Is the VC safai wagon a much squarer looking beast ??

As for the AP5 or AP6 its the body styling that appeals to me. I am yet to compare the finer details of grills etc. If you have pics of both I would be interested to see them so I can establish exactly which model will be the one to look for.

Not sure I'm with you on the 2 door XRE405 thing ?? Might be the wrong Rod ?

Kylie,

Venetians are a must ! I gotta get them for the 3 rear windows Wink
mmm you and wagons huh, Now I know why Jason likes em so much Wink

Finney,

If you want a small wagon that would Haul ass with a 4AGZE in it... You can't go past a KE26. They are wicked ! A set of Fat 13" tires, TA22 front Struts and a brake upgrade and your set for a small budget street sleeper. I'll confes here that there is a guy with a KE26 he has had from new that has my number Wink

Stitt,

You know I have a soft spopt for the MS53, I just can't see me getting one as good as my last one so figure I should save myself the agro. Beside's you have a pimping MS53 to edjucate the masses with Smile

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Crowns/Rods%201970%20MS53/Albury%20trip%2029-9-02%20002%20small.jpg

Stu,

Yeah mate my mum's place is 5 min from Robs Smile

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane (Crown V8 on Classicrown) has just slotted a 1UZ in an MS83 wagon! Looks horn! It really looks like it was supposed to be there.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod - if all works out for dyno day ( see stocktake at my shop not happening the same weekend Sad ) ill be staying again with rob - this time we'll make sure to call in for a pre dyno coldie or something Smile

We passed your mums place at like 11:45 Pm - wasnt sure to rock in or not Wink The lights were still on though
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod...the VC had the upright tail lights...the AP5/6 had the flatter/round the corner ones..a girl I use to go out with had access to her dad's VC Regal sedan on ocassion...white paint black vinyl roof..leather seats...the whole deal...was a beautiful car...she was alright too..wish I knew where the car was now..
I think the VC utes are the best of them..

As for sedans..the S/R? series with the 'v200'...those cats eye tail lights and the absolutely beautifully ugly spare wheel impression in the boot lid..dash mounted push button auto..

I found a MK 2 Corona 2 door and I thought it may have been yours>>>http://www.toymods.org.au/Al%20Palmers%20-%2020020 309/

is on this page..
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here u go wagonists

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=35227&item=2478757631&rd=1
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 16 May 2004 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh... Rod I've always had a thing on the side for the wagons.
And after seeing The Stitt Wagon progress I'd really like the Old Crown Wagons. By the same token I spent alot of time Umming and Arring over the Stout Lite as well when you were selling it, At the time I just couldn't justify it.

So no your not crazy, your taste is maturing. That is not to say that there is anything wrong with the Ta project either.

It seems to me that the Celica Boys move on to the old Crowns and the Supra boys move on to the Cressidas, And the Corolla Boys just never Grow up!!! Twisted Evil
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Mon, 17 May 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg,

My old MX23 Corona was no where near as good as that one.

It was the factory Yellow and was rather heavily hail damaged. Otherwise it was a little beauty. Joe even had the Air con fixed and we found a rear venetian for it as well Smile

If I could get a sweet early model 2 door I would be tempted but hey there are only so many toys one man can have. (At least till a get a dirty big garage Wink )

As it is I will most likely have to sell my beloved MS65 once the wagon arrives and is on the road Sad

Lambolica,

Dude the honest truth is I am just getting a little bored with the TA22's. I have had more of them than I am years old and have been driving one since I was 16. I still love them but its time to play with something new. The wagons are just refreshingly different.

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Mon, 17 May 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But you're goning to finish the current one right??

I mean you can't just leave us hanging.....

Right....

Please.....

Rod.....

Razz
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Mon, 17 May 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luke,

I could only have a problem with you if you got one of these wagons...

http://www.guestranches.com/homestead/images/pwomen/wagon/wagon.jpg

tho.. with the right modifications... Wink
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Mon, 17 May 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah mate the TA22 will still be finished. I have a point to prove with that one Wink
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Mon, 17 May 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What next? A 1JZ Mazda Bongo Wagon. Laughing
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

UZS83 pics Mon, 17 May 2004 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In.
http://groups.msn.com/classicrown/australia.msnw?a ction=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2878

Tight.
http://groups.msn.com/classicrown/australia.msnw?a ction=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2879

LHS control arm is as tight as a fish's....
http://groups.msn.com/classicrown/australia.msnw?a ction=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2876
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Mon, 17 May 2004 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cuns nunt.

very much into wagons also.
although one thing that does make me question humanity : get onto google and search pics for a citroen ds21/23 safari wagon. YUCK. as if the ds didn't look bad enough...

(sorry yves)
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Tue, 18 May 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if we are now going European and getting into Citroens...I must tell you about a place in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales ...Bowral...There is a guy who has at least an acre and half of them... Laughing Laughing Laughing
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Thu, 20 May 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugger the Bongo Van !

Scrote wanted me to help him hot up a Suzuki 800cc Van. Rolling Eyes
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Thu, 20 May 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod... im not sure EXACTLY what model it is... but my grandmother has a NEW NEW NEW MINT AS A MOTHERFUCKER from the showroom floor brown Valiant Regal Wagon, not sure what model though.

Kinda looks like this one, but metallic brown:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/jrk/Vehicles/1972%20-% 20Valiant%20VG%20+%20Mini.JPG

I would offer it to you, but you know, i've kinda had dibs on this one since i was 15 Razz

She is reluctant to part with it though. Ill get some pics of it one day for you so you can be jealous.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:00]

andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sat, 22 May 2004 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well

I dont see a problem with wagons.

Here is a pic of a wagon similar to mine.
Dont know what donk it has, but mine has a stockie 7MGTE[img]http://groups.msn.com/classicrown/australia.msnw?a ction=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2781[/url]

[Updated on: Sat, 22 May 2004 10:54]

7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sat, 22 May 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

How many people do you know with a V12 wagon?

It's funny you should say that, I have two!

In seriousness though, now that the Corona is finally taking shape (exhaust soon!) I may well be embarking on a V8 wagon project... while not quite as cool it will be considerably lighter than a crown Smile
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sat, 22 May 2004 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh

I forgot to say, that apart from my GS120 wagon, i also have two MS53 wagons, stock but in need of some TLC.

Oh, and maybe a slotcar or 300.

Andrij
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Sun, 23 May 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scrote wrote on Mon, 17 May 2004 02:24

here u go wagonists

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;a mp;category=35227&item=2478757631&rd=1

Bahahahaha Laughing
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Mon, 24 May 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagons rule..

if i could only win the lotto, i wouldn't have to sell my KE70 panelvan Sad

since i've had no offers, might keep still it and just wait till i've got money..

but atm my Century is giving me pure bliss Evil or Very Mad Cool
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Tue, 25 May 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStitt wrote on Sun, 16 May 2004 11:29

Wagon's are cool Rod. You haven't lost the plot. People thought I was funny when they first say my MS53 Look at it now.

People still do think your funny stitt.

Oh and Rod, you have lost the plot, you have a sensational car in the shed gathering dust and your looking for more. If only you could e-slap someone.

Now that I have that off my chest, The AP6 is the one to get as the grill is a bit more classier, but then again, the AP5 cane equipped with that sensational push button auto. Now that is cool.

And the ultimate in cool wagons has to be the R series wagon. Not that we saw them for sale in this country but there was a couple privately imported. I will see if I can find a photo for you.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Tue, 25 May 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classy Wagon or what Cool
The Valiant Q series Wagon....Shame we didn't get them here.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~nez_tony/mypic48.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~nez_tony/mypic49.jpg
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Tue, 25 May 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"....and then batman and catwoman had babies and had to convert the batmobile to a wagon to seat the kids"
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Wed, 26 May 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bastard !!!!!

Now I want one of those Puppies instead of the AP6 !

And just becasue they weren't sold here doesn't mean I won't find one. The MS63 was never sold here either and I finally tracked one of them down Wink

nitephyre,

What model Century do you have ????
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Thu, 27 May 2004 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey I think there are even a few valiant ambulances around too. Now that would be heaps cool.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Thu, 27 May 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold28 wrote on Thu, 27 May 2004 10:13

Hey I think there are even a few valiant ambulances around too. Now that would be heaps cool.

Shhhh.... Don't tell Stitt - I can see one of those being turned into another Ghost Buster Mobile! Laughing
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Thu, 27 May 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We need to get stitt some "ECTO 1" number plates.
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Thu, 27 May 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod.Heres you hit for the night..
AP5 Wagon..pale blue...looks like daily driver..at Epping station on the Uni side...parks in the morning down near the truck entrance to the tunnel excavation site..opposite the big white office building.Enjoy

TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Wed, 02 June 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I know I need the ecto 1 plates.

Tony that val looks hot. Though I think i have seen on in oz.

Does the previous or next model look the same cause I'm sure I saw one.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wagon Fetish - I think I have a problem ??? Wed, 02 June 2004 03:28 Go to previous message
This particular one is a Q series and was privately imported into Australia. Chrysler never officially sold the Q series in Australia. They did sell the R and S which are the same shape but didn't bring in the wagons. There are probably a few around, but I have only seen the red on in the photo.

I have an S series sedan with a near perfect body at home waiting for some loving. I'm thinking a 1J would be nice Very Happy.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fender mirror
Next Topic:Bomex Lip
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 10:42:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087599754333496 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.