Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Can i drive my 1G on P's?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bbdond
Regular

April 2004
Can i drive my 1G on P's? Fri, 21 May 2004 13:02 Go to next message
Is it legal to dirve a 1G GTE on you P's, I want to know if i crash if i would be insured driveing my car (RA60 1G GTE).

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Can i drive my 1G on P's? Fri, 21 May 2004 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cannot see why not - I would drive it - bring it over and I'll prove it.
Is it insured?
IF it is (legally) registered then you are covered by 3rd party insurance.

Seriously - I would not ask this kind of question on a forum where you are likely to get any dickhead (me for example) tell you whatever crap I feel like. Ask the relevant authorities (RTA, insurance company).
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Can i drive my 1G on P's? Fri, 21 May 2004 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i thought you could drive any car if your on your P's aslong as the car has rego and a engineers cert. since you got a 1G in there.
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Can i drive my 1G on P's? Fri, 21 May 2004 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you from Victoria? They have some silly rules about not allowed to drive V8s on P-plates or something. Rolling Eyes
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Can i drive my 1G on P's? Fri, 21 May 2004 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ofcourse you can Smile
dont be silly Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Can i drive my 1G on P's? Fri, 21 May 2004 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some states have power to weight restrictions.
What state are you in?

Do a search, its definately been covered before.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Can i drive my 1G on P's? Sat, 22 May 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are from vic you will have a power to weight restriction of 125fwkw/tonne and a engine capacity restriction (which i cant recall of hand) but a 1g in a silly car should shit that restriction in. So if your in vic do the maths.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Can i drive my 1G on P's? Sat, 22 May 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's 125kw/tonne (engine KW), or 3.5 litres/tonne. Remember rotors sure don't come under that classification, though! It'd probably be alright, get your car weighed (which should have been done when it was engineered, yeah?? It IS engineered, yeah??..)

And yes, we have MANY stupid rules in Vic...
bbdond
Regular

April 2004
Re: Can i drive my 1G on P's? Sat, 22 May 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers for all the help, i just heard that your not allowed to drive a twin trubo 6 on your P's but ive been driving around for he last six mounts so eh.

Thanks 4 all the help
Ryan
Fruitloop
Regular

March 2004
Re: Can i drive my 1G on P's? Sat, 22 May 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbdond
No problem....But if you hit any-one or something exe..(Traffic light pole) get ready to be "scrapped" by your insurer..
Thanks mrshin for the figures..BTW did you also know that Extractors (vehicle manufactured after 1976) also have to be approved..!!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Can i drive my 1G on P's? Sat, 22 May 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, there's plenty of rules out there. Theoretically, anything after 1976 isn't allowed to have any changes to intake piping, carb, filter, any hoses, complete exhaust system, anyting, unless the complete engine is replaced and the systems that belong to that later model engine are used in their entirity.

It is also true that a car only has to have one door/window that opens and closes, and that it doesn't have to be the drivers door.
Also, anything manufactured before september 1988 does NOT have to have a speedometer, yet all vehicles must obey the speed limit to within 3km/h. I love rules!
Fruitloop
Regular

March 2004
Re: Can i drive my 1G on P's? Sat, 22 May 2004 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rules..!! Rules ...I've just come un-stuck with 1 and are not impressed...Capacity check,Weight check,Mounts check,Induction check,Exhaust check (including CO,CO2,NH,and various others)Total emmisions check,Weight distribution check,Power output..??,Fitted to Registered Vehicle...NOT GOOD. How does some-one get around this prob without going to BIG,Big changes like full Chassis rebuild...(Merlin powered Chevvy) Mad
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Can i drive my 1G on P's? Sun, 23 May 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UNDER VICTORIAN LAW IF UR ON UR P PLATES u go under the power by weight ratio law , i dun know how it exacty works , but a toyota soarer 2.5 liter twin turbo is out of the question as my mate just got booked for driving it on his p plates and the rerason was the car was too powerfull for a p plater

ring up the rto and find out they have the calculation thing thwey can help u out
bbdond
Regular

April 2004
Re: Can i drive my 1G on P's? Mon, 24 May 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy Once again cheers boys
Thanks ill call those dudes up indian

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Can i drive my 1G on P's? Mon, 24 May 2004 01:40 Go to previous message
no worries mate
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Garrett T51S Turbo on JZA70 Supra
Next Topic:1GGTE JELLY SHIT IN SUMP HELP