Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 00:00 Go to next message
sorry i have no idea about these.
someone told me they have a lot less slip than your standard clutch?
just want to know if they are worth putting in, i'm looking at putting in a new clutch while the engine is out.
  Send a private message to this user    
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They can take a lot of power, although not the best for daily driving.They dont have as much play as a normal one.
Im getting one in my car.
Bit of getting used to but should be ok.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car isnt going to have enough power to slip the clutch when im booting it (2tg/3tc) so i guess theres not too much i'de achieve by having one.
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would avoid one if you don't need it, they are just more of a pain to drive with.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2/3t hybrid has no need at all for a brass button clutch, unless you plan on hanging a large turbo off the side. a full-faced organic clutch will see you up to over 150rwkw, after that start considering button clutches Smile
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a B/Button clutch and It takes about a week to get used to then it's fine...I like it ALOT better than the norm..... Very Happy

Don't really know what all the fuss is about Rolling Eyes
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agreed. I like my button clutch, and it's not hard to live with at all (except when you try to tow a 1.7t trailer, but that's another story). After a week or so of getting used to it you'll never look back.

But as others have mentioned, it's a total waste of time for any atmo T series engine.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah alot of ppl complain about them being hard to drive but they arent. the doewnside to them is they wear your flywheel out quicker, and put alot more stress on other components ie gearbox, diff etc. i personally would rather be replacing clutched more often than replacing gearboxes.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gbox breaking is an excuse for an r154/v160 Smile
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a brass button clutch and on a daily driver or if you do a fair few k's then I think it would be annoying. I dont have a problem with them.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most modern button clutches are a different compound to the one most referred to as brass.

I am with missrolla, Norbie and monkeemajic I do not think that they are too hard to drive (with sprung centre - not solid) - and flywheel wear is relevant to how much that you ride it on take off.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 May 2004 10:58]

Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i got mine they didnt refer to it as a brass center but ceramic,
i like its power handling ability and its driveability. but can get a little tricky on hillstarts if you dont pay attention Razz
steel capped work boots arent a help either
mines daily driven and i cant see why people bag em out so badly, theres a small compromise for large gains
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Compared to a more traditional clutch what sort of cost are we talking for a button clutch? And whats a rough cost for a full faced organic sorta one? (My clutch is on the way out you see)
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most button clutches are a combination of brass and ceramic.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mines a 5 puck heavy duty ceramic clutch, i would say that it would be the best option to go. U don't need to go the full Brass button, now that they have good heavy duty ceramic clutches.
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: brass button clutch Sun, 23 May 2004 13:16 Go to previous message
the less pucks there are on a center the harsher it is, so a full face gives more driveability but are not really used often due to the pucks being made of better materials these days.

generaly from what ive seen brass/ceramic setups are around 20-40% more expensive than organic types but clamping is usually that much better. but you get what you pay for
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Beautiful KE25
Next Topic:wiper resevoir and spark cover
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 18:39:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054738521575928 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.