Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lachie
Regular

January 2004
Brake boosters Tue, 18 May 2004 04:44 Go to next message
What toyotas came out with the same brake boosters as the RA23's, or which ones will fit?
Thanks guys
  Send a private message to this user    
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Brake boosters Tue, 18 May 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra28 ra40 were the same
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Brake boosters Tue, 18 May 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put a supra one in!! straight bolt in with a bit of a skim

532% better feel!!
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: Brake boosters Wed, 19 May 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its true, there's something about it in the articles section, they bolt straight in place of your old master cylinder, it goes from the twin reservoir setup to the single setup, heaps better pedal feel. you just have to bend your brake lines around a little bit but its easy as to do.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Brake boosters Thu, 20 May 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just about any 4 bolt Toyota M/C will replace a RA23 unit, as well as RA40 and Supra, you can fit RA60/RA65/SA63 ones....whatever, check that you are in fact getting a bigger one, say a 7/8, 15/16, or 1 inch to replace the 13/16 original unit.
Mitch.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brake boosters Thu, 20 May 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra40 is a 2 bolt master cylinder
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Brake boosters Thu, 20 May 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is news to me....I assumed the old rule of thumb that R engined Toyota's have a 4 bolt while T engined Toyota's have a 2 bolt.
Mitch.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Brake boosters Thu, 20 May 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra40 = 2 bolt!
Lachie
Regular

January 2004
Re: Brake boosters Fri, 21 May 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It says brake booster, not master cylinder guys, my master cylinder is fine (stainless steel resleve, and no, not my option I would have gone for a bigger one)

My brake bosster has a vacumm leak that makes my car backfire through the carb so I was going to get one form a wreckers and rebuild it, then swap it over so my cars not off the road while I fix it.

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brake boosters Fri, 21 May 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lachie wrote on Fri, 21 May 2004 14:12

It says brake booster, not master cylinder guys, my master cylinder is fine (stainless steel resleve, and no, not my option I would have gone for a bigger one)

My brake bosster has a vacumm leak that makes my car backfire through the carb so I was going to get one form a wreckers and rebuild it, then swap it over so my cars not off the road while I fix it.

we understand this, we are still giving u valuable information that u should pay attention to.

if u consider buying a RA40 unit (as some people here have said its the same) u will find your hunky dory resleeved 4 bolt master cylinder will not bolt up to it.

WHY?!? RA40 has a 2 bolt master cylinder, therefore booster wont take a 4 bolt master cylinder.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 May 2004 04:45]

Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Brake boosters Fri, 21 May 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supra one. i concurr with craig, it does offer a 532% better feel
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Brake boosters Mon, 24 May 2004 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Which supra boosters / M-cylinders are you guys using??
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Brake boosters Mon, 24 May 2004 02:59 Go to previous message
I'm using the standard booster on my RA23 with a SA63 15/16 MC bored to 1 inch and re-kitted. Very nice set-up, good feel, nice progression in the pedal travel to brake effort relationship.
Mitch.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wires through the firewall (ae92)
Next Topic:Garrett T51S Turbo on JZA70 Supra
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 06:31:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055019855499268 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.