Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » race track day?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

race track day? Mon, 17 May 2004 10:11 Go to next message
I noticed some footage from calder park allan sent me..has gianttomato and a few others racing around a track - prob no more than 8 cars...

How can we in brisbane do this? And where are the tracks? Any idea on what it costs, and if you need to be a club or anything? id dearly love to take either of my cars around a track for a hoon...

Whats the go with lakeside? is it shut down or???

Blake

[Updated on: Mon, 17 May 2004 10:12]

Send a private message to this user    
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: race track day? Mon, 17 May 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakeside is shut down and has been for a while, please help rally to get it reopened, i posted the online petition i hope you all signed it.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: race track day? Mon, 17 May 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are there other tracks? the one at willowbank...whats it like?
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: race track day? Mon, 17 May 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm there is a track in ipswitch somewhere i'll look in to it for ya dude.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: race track day? Mon, 17 May 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have to have a hotted up car to go drive on them I wouldn't mind taking my stocko SV21 just to see what it can do (don't laugh)
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: race track day? Mon, 17 May 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wont laugh at ya ...i want to take the ma70 for a caining Smile Seeing as my old girl isnt running Crying or Very Sad
Come along...i need at least one more slowish car to keep me from being the lone embarassed one Razz (no offense meant)

so..no your car doesnt need to be hot Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 17 May 2004 11:30]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: race track day? Mon, 17 May 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Cool see what happens but sounds like fun Evil or Very Mad
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: race track day? Mon, 17 May 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would think that hiring the track for a small amount of cars would be bloody expensive! Don't they just have sprints on every couple of saturdays that is aimed at street cars. Don't know how much or what you get though. I would be interested, just got to fit a front swaybar, so that I can not understeer off the track Smile

And I guarantee you that both the ma70 and the sv21 will be faster than my rona around any corner on the track! The straight is a different matter though Smile
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: race track day? Mon, 17 May 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know costwise..but i cant expect itd be more than like $80/ person if we got a fair few..and i mean $80 aint bad if we get to slog it out for a while!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: race track day? Mon, 17 May 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many laps would we be able to do? anyone know of pre race stuff I would have to do (sounds stupid) I don't really wanna blow me motor as it the only car I've got at the moment(can't see it happening thou so long as I've got plenty of oil and water and don't rev it out too high) but anything I should know? If I can go as it would be the first race I would have done thats longer then 400m Laughing
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: race track day? Mon, 17 May 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take it steady until u get the feel for the track is all i can say..and with a fwd..dont take it too hard around corners Wink
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: race track day? Mon, 17 May 2004 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think Qld Raceway - next door to willowbank drags - would want significant fees - it's not just the track, but the basic safety stuff that's needed to do track work, and all that costs money - not to mention insurance and temporary licences.

i spoke with Terry O'Bierne (spell?) about track days and he suggested that Warwick might be hire-able on a weekday?

weekends are likely to be competition, track work or booked-out by pro/show groups - at ipswich or anywhere else for that matter.

but, if you wanted to know more about ipswich:
from the Qld racing drivers association web site:
<http://www.qrda.asn.au/circuitguides/circuit-will. html>
the track itself
<http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/>
tho they do have a 'sprint' day each month
<http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/public_drive/p ublic_drive.html>
costs $75 for 3 x 5 laps, plus $55 for a yearly clubman licence

this is all i can find about warwick (so far):
<http://www.qrda.asn.au/circuitguides/circuit-mor.h tml>

other circuits listed at QRDA are here;
<http://www.qrda.asn.au/circuitguides/circuitguides .html>

i'll try to catch up with terry and refresh my memory of the conversation.
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: race track day? Tue, 18 May 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
QLD raceway sprints $75, 10 laps, 55 for license, need: 2Kg fire extinisher, 2 triangles, secondary bonnet release, 29 may.

i don't know i'll be there tho, we'll see how she goes.

ipswitch is QLD raceway, i wasn't sure b4.

please help reopen lakeside, its like my back yard
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: race track day? Tue, 18 May 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey DunkyMonkey where do I sign I live in Toowoomba (130kms west of brisbane) so would that count? I may or maybe not be able to come unfortunatly (sucks) but if I can't make it nexttime Evil or Very Mad
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: race track day? Wed, 19 May 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i don't know if i'll have my cams by then, so many expenses, so little money, god damn uni!!!!!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: race track day? Wed, 19 May 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish I would of been getting paid for this holiday Im having off work this week
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: race track day? Wed, 19 May 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carnell raceway is meant to be good...in the same general area as willowbank i think...head on over to rollaclub.com or pm grimwolge on either this or rollaclub forum and he'll be able to give you a pretty good idea on the different raceways & their costs

afaik the only way to do it cheap(er) is to get into a car club (ie HSCCQ or BSCC) and go along to one of their track days, motorkhana's, khanacrosses, rallies etc etc
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: race track day? Wed, 19 May 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hence we would like to have a qld toymods branch
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: race track day? Wed, 19 May 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd join
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: race track day? Wed, 19 May 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

hence we would like to have a qld toymods branch

i reckon that'd be a great idea...i know it has been knocked back by the admins in the past but if its actually organised (ie: structure of qld chapter) then i dont see why we couldnt...why should toymods just be sydney based?

the only other option is to start another car club for the qld people...but imo i'd prefer to get a toymods chapter running...i like this place...good, helpful people & bucketloads of info

but it would require a lot of dedication by the nominated people to ensure it gets setup and runs smoothly....im sure there's a lot more to it than we give the admins credit for
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: race track day? Wed, 19 May 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we've been through setting up another club...its just not worth the effort. It costs lots, and you've gotta have all sorts of insurance...just not worth doing for the dozen or so of us wanting to do it
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: race track day? Thu, 20 May 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been to the Saturday Sprints at QR heaps of times. It's lots of fun and the cheapest way to drive on a real race track. Forget about hiring a track for the day, it costs a fricking fortune and just isn't worth the pain.
4AGE-AE86
Regular

June 2003
Re: race track day? Thu, 20 May 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would love to support a qld chapter of Toymods:) Sounds like a fantastic idea to me. It would make me join toymods for sure (i.e. pay membership). Kinda no point unless you want to drive all that way down to sydney just for a meeting....boostcruising are having a test and tune july 4 at willowbank. Costs 80 and all you have to do is sign up and (to the forum) and say you want to go:)..
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: race track day? Thu, 20 May 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

we've been through setting up another club...its just not worth the effort. It costs lots, and you've gotta have all sorts of insurance...just not worth doing for the dozen or so of us wanting to do it

i agree with you and wrote off this option in my last post...qld chapter is the only way...but it still doesnt change this

Quote:

but it would require a lot of dedication by the nominated people to ensure it gets setup and runs smoothly....im sure there's a lot more to it than we give the admins credit for

anyone have the free time to be able to setup/organise/run? i know i dont...i'd join but i dont have the time/money to take it further than that (at this stage)

norbie has a good idea...that or take 4age-ae86's advice and join a brissy based car club that goes out to the track...boostcrusising, pf, rollaclub etc etc
Steve_Reynolds
Regular

May 2002
Re: race track day? Thu, 20 May 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boys boys boys, The QIPRA is holding a test day on Saturday 5th June. It will cost you about $55 for the half day (HEAPS of laps) but if you don't have a CAMS licence, you'll need a Qld Raceway AAA licence that will cost you about $60? for a year or so. See ya there on the 5th!

PS
Neck to knee clothes, a helmet etc.reqd.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 May 2004 23:46]

CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: race track day? Thu, 20 May 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in that video footage there were 8 cars on the track at 1 time 70 cars there all up
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: race track day? Thu, 20 May 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as its been mentioned before.. id love to get a toymods qld section going.. as for race track.. i think my car will be race track worthy when i get it back.. more tha a match for most cars Smile
PerformanceCars
Regular

November 2003
Re: race track day? Fri, 21 May 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Thu, 20 May 2004 11:39

I've been to the Saturday Sprints at QR heaps of times. It's lots of fun and the cheapest way to drive on a real race track. Forget about hiring a track for the day, it costs a fricking fortune and just isn't worth the pain.

saturday sprints are the easiest way to get out to the track.. just need long sleeves/pants and a helmet - (can hire one)

dont need battery triangles etc last time i was there.. nect one is 29th - next weekend. Fingers crossed i will be out there with my sprinter..
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: race track day? Sat, 22 May 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for those with a celica http://www.geocities.com/jza23celica/index.html i'm personally think i'm goin to end up joining BSCC, and i would personally like to say that i would love to join a qld branch of toymods, but it seems that that just isn't goin to happen.

i don't know my can will be hitting the tracks for a while, i have a major money flow problem.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: race track day? Mon, 24 May 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PerformanceCars wrote on Fri, 21 May 2004 21:26

Norbie wrote on Thu, 20 May 2004 11:39

saturday sprints are the easiest way to get out to the track.. just need long sleeves/pants and a helmet - (can hire one)

dont need battery triangles etc last time i was there.. nect one is 29th - next weekend. Fingers crossed i will be out there with my sprinter..

Yep and I see ya out there all the time Smile Your running full slicks yer???

You don't need extinguisher and triangles for the Sat Sprint series...... just get your AASA on the day, valid for 1 year, and the stuff as mentioned above.

Race this weekend will be the 5th for the year and will mark the halfway point for the year.

Unfortuately I am not campainging a Toyota this year.... those duties have been left to the G/F's Civic in A1 class.

What times you running?? I'm getting around in consistant 64.7.
PerformanceCars
Regular

November 2003
Re: race track day? Mon, 24 May 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres another red sprinter that gets out there with a full set of slicks - you might be mistaking me with him.. I usually have crappo tyres on.. Best time is a 65

I tend to have a little bit too much fun on the corners with my $10 tyres to do consistent times Smile Razz
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: race track day? Mon, 24 May 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PerformanceCars wrote on Mon, 24 May 2004 11:44

Theres another red sprinter that gets out there with a full set of slicks - you might be mistaking me with him.. I usually have crappo tyres on.. Best time is a 65

I tend to have a little bit too much fun on the corners with my $10 tyres to do consistent times Smile Razz

Haha oh well... I'll come and play with ya when my sprinter is up and running..... come and say hi on Sat man..... I'm in a Silver civic.
PerformanceCars
Regular

November 2003
Re: race track day? Mon, 24 May 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok.. wont be racing, but will be there to watch.
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: race track day? Mon, 24 May 2004 08:31 Go to previous message
i'm sure i'll get out there soon, in the mean time work = money = work on my car ~this seems to be pregressing slowly.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:PUB CRAWL 22nd MAY!
Next Topic:Rolla Club turns 2!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:43:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063920021057129 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.