Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Got fined AGAIN - $215!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

icon8.gif  Got fined AGAIN - $215! Mon, 24 May 2004 11:02 Go to next message
well, ive just about had it! Mad

im running out of money!

man i swear i have the worst luck, someone shoot me!
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Mon, 24 May 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what for?
court case tomorrow to try and get off my $174 fine! (and more importantly, the 3 points and insurance hassles that come with it)
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Mon, 24 May 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Mon, 24 May 2004 21:02

well, ive just about had it! Mad

im running out of money!

man i swear i have the worst luck, someone shoot me!

That sucks, seems as though you have had bad luck or been disobeying the law at the wrong time in the wrong place.

Good luck with it

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Mon, 24 May 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ill explain this fine

basically, late last year i bought a car, an ae82. it didnt have much rego on it, i knew this, but i didnt recieve the rego renewel notice, the previous owner got it.

anyway, its christmas day 2003, i get pulled over at a bretho. i get done for the car being 2 days out of rego, on CHRISTMAS DAY FFS.

anyways today i get teh fine, talk about taking their time!!!
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Mon, 24 May 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there any way you can get out of it because it was like 6 months ago?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Mon, 24 May 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, the limit on these things is a year or more - 6 months is standard response time for the rta/police Razz
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Mon, 24 May 2004 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Without being a smartass, ignorance is no excuse. If you knew it didn't have much rego, you don't need to wait for the paperwork to come to pay it. You can march in there with the signed transfer bit of paperwork and do it on the spot.

Having said that, your driving and timing of said driving needs some work. I've had my share of speeding fines etc, but each time I KNEW i was doing something wrong/stupid, so didn't complain when it happened.

It makes you think how to drive and when and where to misbehave - and fast driving is for the racetrack only. Period.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Mon, 24 May 2004 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
racetrack only?

bah! we live in adelaide, we were given the hills to hammer our cars without endagering the public too much! Very Happy

and im not gonna change my driving, im young with no obligations so im gonna live it up! sounds immature i know, but what can i do?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Mon, 24 May 2004 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Tue, 25 May 2004 08:19

and im not gonna change my driving, im young with no obligations so im gonna live it up! sounds immature i know, but what can i do?

Ummm, grow up ? Rolling Eyes

Very Happy
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Tue, 25 May 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Tue, 25 May 2004 07:49

racetrack only?

bah! we live in adelaide, we were given the hills to hammer our cars without endagering the public too much! Very Happy

You know, I used to live in the hills and work/got to uni in the city. I would hammer almost everything I drove up and down the chain of ponds and the gorge every bloody day, my datto 1200 coupe, stigma wagon, to my 260z, my parents 300zx finally to my Supra (oh my god that car is quick). I was young and had no obligations and did my level best to live up to it.
Never got a speeding fine.
Never got fined for an illegal u-turn.
Never drove my car unregistered.
Never even got pulled over by the cops ('cept for getting defected in the 1200 coupe for excess smoke!! Laughing ).
Never crashed the car into a kerb Laughing .
Had a few close shaves though......(coz no-ones perfect!)

As baacchhyy said "time and place" mean the difference between getting fined and getting away with it. And the difference between spending $500 on your car or giving $500 to the government.
Although there's never a time and place for driving unregistered. That's just stupid.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Tue, 25 May 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer ur lucky that u lived in the hills, thats all i can say.

i think, for the amount of spirited driving that i do, ive done pretty well up until now (only ever had one speeding fine)

now get off my back! Mad Laughing hahah lol
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Tue, 25 May 2004 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt, why dont you tell eveyone that u meet up 'wit da commodore boyz' and go for fooly seek cruzez every sat night, rundles then jettys, and u drag all the way down anzacs, and how you ALWAYS drive through the city with your purple neon kit on..... so matt doesnt have bad luck he draws attention to himself, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
JOKE

excuse my lame joke its really early and i have no emails/pms to check lol and plus i wanna stir up matt lol

u really do have bad luck man good luck with payin for it all
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Wed, 26 May 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Tue, 25 May 2004 20:02

yer ur lucky that u lived in the hills, thats all i can say.

I was lucky - plenty of back roads etc to muck around on, and driving the first 20km's in the hills helped coz by the time I got into the suburbs on my daily drive I'd calmed down somewhat!! Laughing

It is frustrating "tootling" around in the city all the time.... But better to work out the frustration on a Sun morning banzai run in the hills or down south.
Cobra
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Wed, 26 May 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draggin on anzac, now thats STUPID!

and if it makes you feel better arch i recently got a $240 fine for going through a red arrow. Damn peak hour traffic Mad

my only other fine was for doing 73 in a 60 zone which i only got $140 for. Does that maked sense?? $100 more for just going through a red arrow, i thought speeding was worse than a red arrow Confused
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Wed, 26 May 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arch doesnt drag on anzacs i was being silly lol
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Wed, 26 May 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

draggin on anzac, now thats STUPID!

lol, truenosedan was joking, i dont 'cheel wit da homies in der ful sik dunnydores' hahahaha

my sprinter has never EVER been down hindly, not even during the day haha (i hate town, i avoid it as often as possible, even though the city centre is a mere 10mins drive from my house)

yes it does make me feel better to know that u got a fine recently, as all my friends have been ok as of late, im the only one to get fined.. :/
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Got fined AGAIN - $215! Wed, 26 May 2004 09:42 Go to previous message
red light is SO MUCH worse than a few kays over the limit, on coming traffic etc, red lights are dangerous!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:nyah just got booked in Castle Hill at 7.30 this morning
Next Topic:4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:01:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055389404296875 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.