Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? (1) 1 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon12.gif  Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Tue, 25 May 2004 06:23 Go to next message
I was enjoying my ceral this morning, watching the uber-crap Today show when up popped a story about girls who hot up cars (or more accurately, girls who get their boyfriends to hot their car up for them) - their dreams, their desires, their motivation, their lowcut tops and bleach blonde hair.... Shocked Laughing Laughing

Was a good laugh (esp considering the car was a pink S13 convertible with love heart shaped muffler tips and Barbie as the number plate), and despite the whole "girls like cars - that's umpossible" tone of the story it was good to see some ladies getting it sideways.

Anyway, couple of questions;
1. Did anyone else spot this gem?
2. What the hell were they "drifting" on? It was a really wet surface so I thought it's water but the presenter said "sliding sideways on a diesel soaked track"...WTF?

Finally it just proves what I've always felt. Silvia's are girls cars!! Laughing

(apologies for large amounts of sarcastic sexism. We all know women are usually good drivers)
  Send a private message to this user    
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Tue, 25 May 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah didn't see the story but i know the car your talking about... i went to school with the girl who owns it, her name is kristen and her b/f danny who owns/runs Asply drift and drag Rolling Eyes is her man to help her mod. This car actually won the meguires peoples choice award at the brisbane autosalon, this was before being converted into a convertable. Here is some info about her car http://06fat.boostcruising.com/

cheers, jake.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Tue, 25 May 2004 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw the story mate. Those girls were doing alright. I didnt see them spin out once. But some lame ass bloke in a Holden ute spun bigtime. HAHAHA

Did you see the Heart shaped exhausts!! Haha classic on a pink silvia! shudders
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Tue, 25 May 2004 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Tue, 25 May 2004 16:23

(apologies for large amounts of sarcastic sexism. We all know women are usually good drivers)

sure we do Rolling Eyes
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Tue, 25 May 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Tue, 25 May 2004 16:23

2. What the hell were they "drifting" on? It was a really wet surface so I thought it's water but the presenter said "sliding sideways on a diesel soaked track"...WTF?

Never been to a skidpan day? They usually soak the track with water in diesel to make it extra slippery.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Wed, 26 May 2004 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Nah, I'm a heaps good driver already so have never needed to hone my skills Laughing . Acutally no, I've never been to skinpan day - just thought they used water and sometimes a bit of detergent.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 May 2004 00:01]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Wed, 26 May 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only 'lady' to ever drift in style is Michelle Mouton way back in the day...and before any rally afficionados bring out the 'even a monkey could win in a Quattro' don't forget that Ms Mouton regularly dished it out to the likes of Stiq Blomqvist and Hannu Mikkola, and would've won the 1981 world championship if it weren't for a gearbox failure on the last rally...of course, who else did she lose the championship to but the great Walter Rohrl (who was later famous for driving the Quattro like a nut).
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Wed, 26 May 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Estimated Power : girl power KW

No No No ohh my.....No No No

tell me what you want, what you really really want

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Wed, 26 May 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was wondering where that quote came from then I checked out the site...

*shudder*

I hate damn 'dutch angle' photos No No No
MS 2JZ
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Wed, 26 May 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, i missed this, would have been good to see..and 06FAT and "barbie" are 2 different cars, 06FAT has not been converted to a convertable..from what i have heard Kristen is quite the 'Drifter'..bout time some girls showed the boys how its done Laughing
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Wed, 26 May 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw the story, was interesting to seeon the today show. and im gonna be a bit of a downer here but i dont think they were anything special, they DID spin out a coupla tims they just cut it before they spun fully around. maybe the chics could drift but what they were showing on the telly was understeering into corners followed by power oversteer. Rolling Eyes
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Wed, 26 May 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are both very good drifters, they can hold their own against most of the boys
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Wed, 26 May 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
phil: did she come on the Maleny cruise? or was that girl one of the 'rolla crowd?
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Thu, 27 May 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If this is the case, why are they "drifting" on a diesel soaked skidpan and not out on a dry track where it takes REAl skill to drift hard and fast.

Mr DOHC wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 22:28

they are both very good drifters, they can hold their own against most of the boys

MS 2JZ
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Thu, 27 May 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it because they are girls drifting or because they might have better cars then some of the guys that people continually find something to winge about..so what if they were 'drifting' at skidpan, i havnt personally seen them drift anywhere but if you were friends with anyone of the girls then you would probly know that they can infact drift on a 'proper' track be it QR or wateva..
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Drifting with the Ladies.... who saw it on the Today show? Fri, 28 May 2004 02:35 Go to previous message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Thu, 27 May 2004 23:06

If this is the case, why are they "drifting" on a diesel soaked skidpan and not out on a dry track where it takes REAl skill to drift hard and fast.

Mr DOHC wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 22:28

At least they are out there giving it a go.

Maybe they can't afford the tyres Rolling Eyes Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:cuttin another guys grass ?? .....
Next Topic:See me drift at the age of 3
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:37:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058200359344482 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.