Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » My Aw11 Update!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MrJoo
Regular

May 2004
My Aw11 Update!! Tue, 25 May 2004 07:06 Go to next message
I had a look at the car today, and was a little dissapointed
It was very different from what the owner had told me. Body was in good nick with no rust, apart from small faded spots like the side mirrors ect. Its a dark blue 88 sc model. Its done 89,xxxK's which seem to drive well..but didnt give me that hammer u get in your back feel, it felt old. engine was sound. the interior was a little dirty but the lining of the centre console was coming off while i was test driving and you could see the silicone rubber paste the guy used to keep it together. the rubber around the door lining was stuffed and when we took the glass targa off it basically tore the rubber seals off the top of the windscreen because once again there was SO much black silicone paste/glue on it.. It was like the ownder wanted it permanent.. same with the other side. The windscreen needed to be replaced as it has too much chips on it. Paint is faded on the rear spoiler. The power windows on the passenger side didnt work properly. and there was some rattles i can hear from the back when I drove it. On a positive note the shift change/steering and clutch seem pretty good. After all this he is asking for $8,700 with rwc..and with that price he says he can replace the rubber seals on the doors/targa to make it all good. What do u guys think? Its been out doors for a while but the body is still in good shape. Anyone with an aw11 sc wanna come with me early this sat for a longer test drive? at least I can bring someone with more experiences with this type of car. If not I might just import one through J-spec because I really love the shape of the car.
  Send a private message to this user    
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My Aw11 Update!! Tue, 25 May 2004 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you should not rush into it and find a better specimen. Sounds like more trouble than its worth. If you really want it, wave $6500 in his face. Then you could fix up the imperfections
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My Aw11 Update!! Tue, 25 May 2004 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where you live?? I will come if you live in hunter valley
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: My Aw11 Update!! Tue, 25 May 2004 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ask T but i think most of the rubber seals for the MR2 T Tops are very very very very very impossible to get now. i know T has had issues getting bits for his...
MrJoo
Regular

May 2004
Re: My Aw11 Update!! Tue, 25 May 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive decided im not going to even test drive this on Sat..I have spoken to a few people and they agree on what you folks say, that its seems more trouble than it really is. Hopefully guys from J-spec can find me one Im looking for. So are the rubber seals that hard to find? I guess thats something i have to look out for..making sure the seals are in good shape.

Old Mr2 : I live in Vic Smiley = but thank you for the offer anyhow.

thnx guys
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: My Aw11 Update!! Thu, 27 May 2004 09:31 Go to previous message
www.yahoomotorsport.com this guy imports aw11's(there is one available now) he is in adelaide but some cars have other stateson them so perhaps he has people in other states
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AW11
Next Topic:aero kits
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 10:25:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059769153594971 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.