Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
ke38 corolla woes Mon, 09 September 2002 03:43 Go to next message
Shocked
Hi guys,

I need some advice to get some more poke out of my '81 corolla wagon with a 4k-c engine in it.... laugh all you want (i am). What sort of mods can I do, within a $1000 budget , to make it reach the speed limit?! Or, on the other hand, what other toyota engines can i fit between the rails??

Thanks

dazzman
  Send a private message to this user    
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ke38 corolla woes Mon, 09 September 2002 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if shes then definitely get a manual for starters
oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
Re: ke38 corolla woes Mon, 09 September 2002 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its already got the factory five speed... I was just thinking about fitting something like an 18r-g, and fitting perhaps a celica box and sprinter diff...? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ke38 corolla woes Tue, 10 September 2002 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AG Razz
4AGZE/ turbo Cool
3SGTE Laughing
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ke38 corolla woes Tue, 10 September 2002 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Besides, I'm still damned proud of my 4K ke55.... (almost) un bloody breakable
oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
Re: ke38 corolla woes Tue, 10 September 2002 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I havent got any problems with the 4k engine, (this one has only got 172000 km on it anyway), and sure its good for a caning (occaisionally), but I just want something that is out of the ordinary, like the choices you showed.. something that will make it a wolf in sheeps clothing so to speak. What sort of mods can you get out of a 4k engine to give it some poke (if i can get some more power out of it, itll save me getting a new engine!) Rolling Eyes Shocked Rolling Eyes
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ke38 corolla woes Tue, 10 September 2002 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I owned a KE38, and I put a 2TG in it, which is better than putting in a 18RG in some ways. It was a good testing ground before I did the same with my KE55S.

May I surgest a small turbocharger for the 4K? Make the manifolds yourself. Don't worry too much about the design, just hook it up and it will work. Lots of options to fuel it. Suckthrough?, LPG? Keep it low boost.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ke38 corolla woes Wed, 11 September 2002 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's the thing - pull the 4K apart, port it, cam it, etc., it will give it a fair bit more, but stuff all plus a large percentage of stuff all is still... stuff all! You can try boosting the K engine, otherwise its time to stick something else in there Cool
oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
icon14.gif  Re: ke38 corolla woes Thu, 12 September 2002 00:52 Go to previous message
turbocharging it huh? Shocked (never thought seriously about that..) what sort of turbo do you think should i use, and what intercooler? I would much rather keep the original engine and hot it up rather than get a used one and use it because i know the hitory of this one. I think i might do something about a mild cam and extractors/exhaust for starters..but turbo is definitely worth considering Shocked Shocked Shocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How much for a local 100kw 4AGE??
Next Topic:7 m engine water drain plug location
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 05:12:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051419734954834 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.