Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Bigport head to highcomp gze bottom end secondary external oil return?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Bigport head to highcomp gze bottom end secondary external oil return? Tue, 25 May 2004 10:35 Go to next message
Hi guys,
Almost finished my motor. Just wondering about the secondary external oil return that use to go from the small port head to the block. Since im using a bigport head now, what should I do with the hole in the block. I was just going to block it. Do you think this will be ok or what? I though since its blocked the pressure might blow it out.

Thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bigport head to highcomp gze bottom end secondary external oil return? Tue, 25 May 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah she'll be right, any pressure in there should be venting out the breather on the cam cover.
I've got the same deal with mine, & I've blocked it off with a nice big plug in a short bit of hose. It hardly even needs hose clamps, but I'll prolly chuck some on for good measure.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Bigport head to highcomp gze bottom end secondary external oil return? Tue, 25 May 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i drilled and taped my bigport head ! then fitted a dash to npt fitting and welded a dash bung onto block tube and ran a braided line.
simple
mick
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bigport head to highcomp gze bottom end secondary external oil return? Tue, 25 May 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh thanks guys. I thought since the breather was there it would be right. Just had to make sure.

Thanks again.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Bigport head to highcomp gze bottom end secondary external oil return? Tue, 25 May 2004 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god make sure you use a catch-can then, otherwise you will pump oil into the intake which leads to detenation as the oil knocks the octane rating way down.
mick
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bigport head to highcomp gze bottom end secondary external oil return? Wed, 26 May 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive added it to the list!
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: Bigport head to highcomp gze bottom end secondary external oil return? Wed, 26 May 2004 02:54 Go to previous message
If you wanted to, you could hook up a catch can to both the head and the old oil return.
4a's are famous for the blow-by, so all the help it can get to remove the pressure is great.
With high revs and some blow-by the oil has a bit of a hard time trying to get back down to the sump while the pressure is heading up to go out the breather in the rocker cover.
Food for thought..
Yogi
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota engine rebuilders
Next Topic:1uzfe - anyone know how many CFM?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 12:02:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043759346008301 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.