Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Gregas Celica...(new pix 25/05/04)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 25/04/04) Wed, 12 May 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah for sure. i have two grav feed guns - they are sensational - definately get one. i don't use my suction feed one anymore at all. i managed to not spill any paint while painting with the grav feed - found em much more effective.

put my door on tonite and guard is sitting in situ.

http://www.vncommodore.com/images/celica/body/DSC00190.JPG

we're getting there...
looks kinda purple. actually in different light looks different fucking colors. strange.

tell you what though the dark color is showing up more bits i've missed.

Send a private message to this user    
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 12/05/04) Wed, 12 May 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ive been warned that when you spray certain panels off the car you can get a slight difference in colour. especially with metallics and other fancy colours.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 12/05/04) Wed, 12 May 2004 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some gravity fed guns are good, I can hold mine upside down and it doesn't spill...well, 99% of the time anyway Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 12/05/04) Wed, 12 May 2004 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re colour : It may just be curing - that can change the colour can't it - or it could be different amount of thinners?
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 12/05/04) Wed, 12 May 2004 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same FWDboy, mine can hang upside down - i might get a wee dribble from the breather, but other than that narthing.

hopefully if the weather is good when i get home i can get the thing out of the garage and have a good look at it. and yes it still will be curing (can take quite some time actually) and given the weather has been soooo shitful it will prolly take a while (hence why i'm not cutting it just yet...
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 12/05/04) Thu, 13 May 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you're spraying in your garage have you had any problems from the neighbours in regards to the smell at all?

Just curious as I might spray mine at home.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 12/05/04) Thu, 13 May 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i havent actually had any issues. i have only sprayed in acrylic though not isocyanate pack...
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 12/05/04) Thu, 13 May 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ta. Mine will be a solid non metallic so I think it would be a good way to have a go at a first paint job.

This thread is good inspiration... Cool
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 12/05/04) Thu, 13 May 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, go spend some money on a very good respirator. best money you can spend, as, this shit really stinks, and, i don't reckon it can be good for you breathing it in.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 12/05/04) Thu, 13 May 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll keep that in mind.

Can't wait to see it all done a polished.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 12/05/04) Thu, 13 May 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me neither the only thing i'm scared about is what do i do when its finished?
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 12/05/04) Thu, 13 May 2004 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure you'll find somthing, In my experience you can be happy with where a project car is at, but at the same time the project is never really finished. There is always somthing that needs attention.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 12/05/04) Thu, 13 May 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ain't that true
here is a better picture

http://www.vncommodore.com/images/celica/body/DSC00194.JPG
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 13/05/04) Thu, 13 May 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking good mate,it will come up really glassy and shiny when you cut and polish it...
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 13/05/04) Thu, 13 May 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do not use isocyanate paints unless you have an actual remote breathing kit thingo...those things can do some whacked up permanent damage to you (apparently frontal lobes). Stick with stuff like acrylics and enamel.

Get a good twin filter respirator unless you want to get high/pass out every time you paint something...and it smells pretty screwed up so do it during the day when neighbours are off at work (if possible) or move to the country like me Smile
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 13/05/04) Thu, 13 May 2004 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
already is sly, but, yeah i know what you mean Very Happy

and yeah 100% what fwdboy said - unless you wanna die early and end up with crispy lungs, leave 2 pack to professionals...
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 13/05/04) Mon, 17 May 2004 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my paint code is B167 too (amazon mica - available from the VS to the VT range of commodores)
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 13/05/04) Mon, 24 May 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok couple more pix. got the front screen in today rear screen hopefully tommorrow ;

http://www.vncommodore.com/images/celica/body\DSC00207.JPG

http://www.vncommodore.com/images/celica/body\DSC00208.JPG
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 13/05/04) Mon, 24 May 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking great! My RA23 should hopefully be in the same state in a few weeks. Got its primer filler on today so will be sanding like hell all day tomorrow to make my baby ultra smooth!
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 25/05/04) Tue, 25 May 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks better now Smile

http://www.vncommodore.com/images/celica/body/DSC00209.JPG

http://www.vncommodore.com/images/celica/body/DSC00210.JPG

sex on wheels. i love it.

its amazing the looks you get when you're driving down the road with no bonnet on... Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Tue, 25 May 2004 06:21]

boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 25/05/04) Tue, 25 May 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grega wrote on Tue, 25 May 2004 16:18

sex on wheels. i love it.

Heart Nod Nod Nod Heart
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 13/05/04) Tue, 25 May 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking sweet mate, dark blue is a great colour for ta22 Razz

is that chrome strip around the front lip standard? i've never noticed it on a car before. and where's the GT lenses? they'll look great on the colour. always great to see new progress while you can still remember when it started
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 13/05/04) Tue, 25 May 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it sure is a cool color
and yeah the chrome strip is standard too....

as far as the clear indicators go having trouble finding orange globes dude....
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 13/05/04) Tue, 25 May 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orange globes don't exist for the fitting - i tried. you need them with a symmetrical pin but the only kind you can get are with offset pins to suit commy's.

on the GT the corner lights are the parkers, and the lights under the bumper are the indicators, which is how i've got mine set up (using st142?? corona indicator lights). unless you're trying to keep the under side ones clear as well? in which case you might have to graft the fitting off a commodore indicator onto the ta22 light housing.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 13/05/04) Tue, 25 May 2004 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks absolutely fantastic!!! A HUGE improvement Wink

Except for one thing - the slight ripples on the door panels Razz

I'll keep that to myself though.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Gregas Celica...(new pix 13/05/04) Tue, 25 May 2004 19:00 Go to previous message
yes FWDBOY please do Razz
not bad for something i've never done before.
and it looks better than it did i know that much Very Happy

peewee - OK - ta for that. will have a look for the elusive corona indicators on saturday. ta
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:a few more pics - TA22 Celica 13bt
Next Topic:My MX73 Cressida, Clean as a Whistle!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 06:06:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066859722137451 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.