Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1ZZ conversion is it possible

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bpt-4w
Regular

May 2004
icon10.gif  1ZZ conversion is it possible Tue, 25 May 2004 22:51 Go to next message
k i have found a back end of a mr2 spider in a wreckers and was wondering if its possible to do the conversion to a ae82 i know the 2ltr can be put in but with the extra wiring of the 1zz and the semiauto trans needing fitting as well would it be to much hassle to try the work, anyone else thought of this conversion. Cool Evil or Very Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ZZ conversion is it possible Wed, 26 May 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anything is possible - but you have to know if it is an aussie or import cut first - as there are some major issues if it is an aussie one without the ignition key.

semi-auto setup may not be too difficult to set up, but probably not worth the bother - supposedly very slow to operate on the early cars anyway.

i have most of the wiring diagrams.

pm me if you want any more help

T
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1ZZ conversion is it possible Wed, 26 May 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ZZ MRS / MR2 series was a major chassis/platform re-design by Toyota in compariosn to the AE80 series cars so you *may* have some clearance issues with mounts, sumps, crossmembers, steering and strut towers.
Mitch.
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ZZ conversion is it possible Wed, 26 May 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basic design of the motor is not that different- & the 5 speed gearbox is basically the same unit - so front engine mount only will need refabrication. motor does lay back over on an angle - time to get a tape measure & start measuring!

T

bpt-4w
Regular

May 2004
Re: 1ZZ conversion is it possible Wed, 26 May 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn i hate this site thing of reseting to the front page when it stuffs up, just took me 6 goes to get here.

anyway the motor does look like it will fit mainly due to the manifold being a tighter fit , think they were designing the mrs to a diffrent engine looking at the tight fit they are. yep looks the initial stuff is ok and i recon if you can fit a 3sgte into a 82 you can fit almost anything, it will just be the wiring ect as a problem .

what was that you were saying about the key for the car , do they have a special encryption or something for antitheft.

the gearbag is no problem i have done the research on the web and found that the computer can be reprogramed or chipped for much faster changing , it was only set conservitally for the hairdresser drivers.

the only problem i can really see would be grip and the drive shafts would probably have to be made for the car so in the end it won't be a cheap change over but the car will go like the clappers with the lighter body and no ancillaries to run.
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ZZ conversion is it possible Wed, 26 May 2004 23:10 Go to previous message
aussie car has the imobiliser in the key - loose key, throw computer as well as you cannot rekey it without the original key (great idea that!) key & ecu only $1500 (not kidding)

the odds are ther driveshafts will fit, if not use the donor ae82 ones, they will slip in.

where did you find the info on reprogramming the ecu by the way?

ps these cars also run a very complex body computer - i think you may have issues getting the sequential gearbox bit to work!!

T
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Engine Conversions Places
Next Topic:1g-gte smoking
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 08:31:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045769214630127 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.