Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Sun, 23 May 2004 14:16 Go to next message
I hate to admit it, but I'm thinking about selling my pride and joy. Due to an unfortunate incident recently it now has front-end damage... it's nothing serious and it's perfectly fixable, I'm just not sure if I can be bothered. This would be an ideal purchase for someone who owns an MA61 and wants to swap all the goodies to their shell.

So here's a quick rundown.

THE CAR

- 1984 MA61 Celica Supra, locally delivered.
- Comes with all the usual good stuff: power windows/mirrors, awesome seats, P/S, A/C, central locking, 14x7 alloys, 225 tyres.
- Damaged front bumper, bonnet and guards. Guards have been replaced with spares and bonnet can probably be bent back into shape. Still working on the bumper!
- Some rust around the hatch and bottom of the windscreen, as usual for an MA61.
- Silver-blue paint, in average condition for a 20 year old car.
- Stripy blue interior, once again in average condition. Most of it is in the garage at the moment but I'll put it back together one day. Smile
- Anyone who went to the nationals will tell you this is no show car, far from it in fact... all the money has been spent elsewhere!

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN

- Aristo 2JZ-GTE engine, stock apart from bleed valve and FCD. Currently running 17psi, and have been for about 12 months.
- Ginormous intercooler constructed from 2x JZA80 cores. This has not been damaged in case you were wondering.
- HPC coated intercooler pipes!
- Custom HPC-coated 2-into-1 dump pipe, full 3" exhaust system, hi-flow cat, single muffler. Painted black with plain 3" exhaust tip for maximum stealth factor. Smile
- W57 5-speed transmission from an RA65 Celica. In good condition now, but handle with care!
- 5-puck sprung-centre ceramic clutch with heavy-duty clutch plate. Heaps of bite but still easy to drive.
- Shortened Hilux 2-piece tailshaft, uber tough! Tailshaft loop has been fitted also.
- Detroit TrueTrac helical-type LSD (aka torsen), bought brand new late last year. Mega tight, almost as good as a locker without the tyre scrubbing badness. Brand new bearings and a 3.5:1 crownwheel and pinion from an RA65 Celica.

SUSPENSION/BRAKES
- King springs, lows. The car is low!
- KYB gas shocks.
- Nolathane bushes all round.
- All suspension work done late last year, ie it's nearly new!
- EBC brake pads, greenstuff in front, blackstuff in back.
- DBA rotors all round, fronts are slotted.
- Brake master cylinder and all 4 calipers were professionally rebuilt no more than 3 months ago.

PERFORMANCE
- 305rwhp in current tune on street fuel, as measured at the Toymods dyno day last year. Can provide dyno sheets.
- 12.49 @ 117mph, measured at Willowbank raceway, once again in full street trim on street fuel. Can provide timeslips.
- If the numbers don't speak for themselves, let me tell you this car is stunningly fast. Hardly anything can touch it on the street thanks largely to its very wide power band and screaming top end. This car is not for the faint of heart!

OK that's about all I can think of right now. To be honest I doubt anyone will offer enough to make it worth my while selling it, but I'm putting it out there to see what happens. Chances are I'll come to my senses and realise you can't sell a car this good anyway! Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Sun, 23 May 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't sell.

EDIT: Actually curiosity killed the cat.......what happened?

[Updated on: Sun, 23 May 2004 14:23]

DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Sun, 23 May 2004 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all that writting and no price.........
a ball park figure or what price ud let it go for ?
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Sun, 23 May 2004 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shame im out of town........ im a whore for this sort of thing.
dare i ask, what next?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Sun, 23 May 2004 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked

Seems like a bugger with all of that work done and those brake bits bought, as well as them fancy mags....'

What does the damage look like ?

Like others have asked, what is the next project ?????
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Sun, 23 May 2004 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
treefiddydollah brudda! Very Happy

Don't sell you clown.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Sun, 23 May 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To answer your questions:

1. Supras cannot occupy the same space as Camrys. Any attempt to do so results in bent stuff.

2. Do you know what EOI stands for?

3. I want a sleeper, a REAL sleeper. I reckon an MX73 Cressida with a 2JZ is just the ticket. Very Happy

4. I'll get some photos. Basically it's minor damage to the front of the guards, the front of the bonnet is a bit bent, and the bumper is FUBAR. No structural damage fortunately. It wasn't a very big impact.

5. Dammit monster, get off my lawn, I ain't givin you no tree fiddy!
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Sun, 23 May 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 24 May 2004 09:43

3. I want a sleeper, a REAL sleeper. I reckon an MX73 Cressida with a 2JZ is just the ticket. Very Happy

Or an MX32.....unassuming AND ugly.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 May 2004 23:50]

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Sun, 23 May 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SLAP!!!

Now are you back to your senses?

Don't sell it you fool. there is too much work done there.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Does a 2j fit in an RA28?? Razz
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Mon, 24 May 2004 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 24 May 2004 07:43

OI, theres enough sleeper MX73s getting around/being built.
Soon enough there will be too many, and they will lose their sleeper status.

Having said that, go for it! hahaha, but don't sell the supra, transfer everything over.
95% of it will bolt STRAIGHT in.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Mon, 24 May 2004 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 24 May 2004 10:08

Having said that, go for it! hahaha, but don't sell the supra, transfer everything over.

How about a Paseo with GT4 running gear ......................
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Mon, 24 May 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Actually if I don't sell the Supra this is probably what I'll do. After looking at the going price for MX73's these days, it will cost less to buy a mint example and swap all my gear over than it would to repair and respray the Supra. And I kinda like the idea of having a 4-door car for some reason.

Do you know if all the suspension gear will swap over? I'm liking the idea of an uber-low MX73 with my dishy 17's. Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Mon, 24 May 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The main thing they don't share is the uber small offset. We chucked our 15x7" wheels on CrUZsida's car and the back stuck out past the guards Razz
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Mon, 24 May 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX32 was the lightest Toyota with a 6 in it (lighter than a Corona Mk2). Engine bay is BIG.

You and Leigh could have a turboed old sk00l monsters.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Mon, 24 May 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm already building a turbo old-sk00l monster: that's the Celica's role! I'd like a cushy 4-door for daily-driver duties (cushy but still capable of doing the 1/4 mile in 12 seconds Very Happy ), and as cool as an MX32 would be, an MX73 is going to be much easier.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Mon, 24 May 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 24 May 2004 08:42

Do you know if all the suspension gear will swap over? I'm liking the idea of an uber-low MX73 with my dishy 17's. Very Happy

Shocks yes (according to Tokico, Glen and I have the same ones, I am yet to fit mine though)
Springs no, but whats $300 worth of new springs?
Bushes some yes, some no.

Most other drivetrain components are the same.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Mon, 24 May 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2jz ... supra .. wow ... very cool Smiley =

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Mon, 24 May 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 24 May 2004 10:24

How about a Paseo with GT4 running gear ......................

LOL now that WOULD be a sleeper. Nobody expects a Paseo to be anything but crap.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Tue, 25 May 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DONT! Dont sell it jeremy...theres only a few of us with nice quick supras left!
Too many people have cressidas...surprisingly the majority are under 80! Keeep the supra!
CressiKid
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Wed, 26 May 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get the mx83, soooo much tighter Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Wed, 26 May 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CressiKid wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 10:24

Get the mx83, soooo much tighter Very Happy

Yeah, lets do up a sleeper with a car that has lost its sleeper status, and weighs more!!
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Wed, 26 May 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a work friend that is after something similar to this...

Ballpark... more or less than $10K?

CressiKid
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Wed, 26 May 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and looks ten times better. If you're worried about the weight problems a mx73 still isn't light. I'm sure there's still many people who wouldn't suspect a cressida to have a 2jz donk in it, particularly non toyota followers.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Wed, 26 May 2004 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spectral wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 22:18

Ballpark... more or less than $10K?

Yep, you're in the ballpark. Smile
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Wed, 09 June 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie - you have email (sent last week)
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Wed, 21 July 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll give you a grand for it all mate.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Sat, 24 July 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beer_is_good wrote on Wed, 21 July 2004 22:45

I'll give you a grand for it all mate.

I find this quite funny!
(off topic are you on drugs Laughing )

Cheers
Wilbo
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: EOI: MA61 Supra, 2JZ-GTE Sat, 24 July 2004 10:39 Go to previous message
u smoke teh good shit, what do you call it? Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KYB coilovers
Next Topic:WANTED:- ae90 sedan (corolla)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 08:14:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063779354095459 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.