May 2004
bov troubles Tue, 25 May 2004 11:05 Go to next message
can i install a gfb mach1 bov on a 7mgte
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: bov troubles Wed, 26 May 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: bov troubles Wed, 26 May 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you need to answer that question yourself. Surprised

You could even install one on a 7MGE if you really wanted to. Rolling Eyes
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: bov troubles Wed, 26 May 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, you're not allowed.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: bov troubles Wed, 26 May 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rofl
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bov troubles Wed, 26 May 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrated wrote on Tue, 25 May 2004 20:35

can i install a gfb mach1 bov on a 7mgte

If you even need to ask that, then no you cant.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:02]

mrated
Regular

May 2004
Re: bov troubles Wed, 26 May 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i asked the question cause i wanted to replace my stock one. just making sure that it can be suitable for my car cause the stock is a plumback. i also would of liked to know what type of problems it may cause

i know how to install it but dont know the consequences
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as 7m has an AFM not MAP sensor. the consequences are that it will go pssshhhhtt and blow a cloud of smoke when you back off and your rear bar will be permanently black Smile

AND 'NO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED!'
mrated
Regular

May 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do u mear rear bar?
and is there any way to stop that cloud of smoke?
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3 ways

1. use a plumb back BOV

2. dont replace your standard BOV

3. plug up your 'zorst
mrated
Regular

May 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about upgrading my AFM? that should stop most of those little problems
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've found that a good way to avoid 'Black Rear Bar' syndrome, is to stuff a nice, ripe bunch o' bananas in your tailpipe.

Now, here's the cool bit - it acts as a sort of silencer too, so no more attention from da 5-0, my man....

As it is an AFM set up, just don't replace it coz you WILL get the black cloud, black bar and it will run fucked sometimes, like after you change gears and may idle like a pos on occasion.

In any case, as I stated before, you're not allowed anyway, so just forget it and go to your room.

NO TV FOR A MONTH!
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or u can get an safc type 2 which will compensate for the air released by the bov into the atmo

u can run a bov to atmo on afm equipped cars , but it will run rich in gear changes and when u back off the throttle

also car might stall when braking hard and might idle rough

if u still wanna do the bov thing ,get an apexi safc type 2 and fit it on ur car its a piggyback ecu for the fuel and u can adjust the rate of fuel and do heaps of other stuff it costs about 500 ish new plus tuning
mrated
Regular

May 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no joking around. you have obviously had this problem. thats cool. why wouldnt you replace the AFM so the correct amount of air will flow through and be mixed with the correct fuel amount?

why are you not allowed? not making sence.

its obviously blowing smoke for a reason? what reason?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No I ahyvent had the prolem yet have an 1g-gte soarer , but will be doin the asame soon I got a blitz bov to go on
An afm measure the amount of air entering ur cars engine and send a signal to the ecu to say how much fuel it need s for the amount of air that has passed through , but with ur bov it vents the air that has been measured by the afm , so the ecu alredy knows how much fuel to squirt through the injectors

But if u vent a little bit of the air throught the bov , then the ecu doesn’t know that the air has been vented and will supply the fuel for the air still

the fuel tha s suplied will now have no air to burn with and will be burned by itself resulting in the black smoke that comes out the exhaust , the black smoke is actually the extra fuel that was supposed to be mixed with the air that was vented out by the bov

so there no way in hell a change in afm is going to help if the bov still vens to the atmosphere , thats why its recirculated back into the intake piping so the correct amount of fuel is stil there for the air

hope that helps
mrated
Regular

May 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks man? does it make a difference how much boodt u run? if i wanted to still put on that bov, will i need a ecu upgtade? and how thel will i also get a wwwsssshhhh noise that can be heard from ages away?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. Buy the BOV
2. Buy the SAFC
3. Get the BOV fitted
4. Get the SAFC set up

Now ppl will hear you coming from miles away with a fooly sick PPPPSSSSHHHHHHHHTTTTTTFFOOOOOOOOWWWWWWAHHHHHH noise.

Simple.

And no, I'm not joking this time.

P.S. Please don't put bananas in your tailpipe..... Unless that's what you're into Razz
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
answer to all ur questions is just one little gadget

APEXI SAFC TYPE 2

it will adjut amount of fuel so u dun run rich

can run higher boost

will compensate for the bov venting to atmo by tricking the ecu of the car ( dun ask me how that works , but i know it does )
remember the type 2 only does this type 1 cant do the tricking bit

some one correct me if im wrong

u dun need an ecu upgrade

if u want the whissh noise u need the bov enting to atmo for that to happen u need the safc or ur car will run very rich and stall and idle like crap

but some people have actualy fitted an atmo venting bov andhad no probs at al

so my best bet is fit the bov see how the car runs

if it idles and runs rich too badly ten u need the safc

or u can just plumb it back and have no noise and no hassels

plum back will give u a loud enuf noise to hear in the car , if u fit a pod filter
mrated
Regular

May 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the safc, u got one? what is the dammage on one of those and where are they available from?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On second thought, I just realised something. On my R32 I had a BOV venting to atmosphere and it didn't run that bad. Just almost stalled when snapping the throttle closed after having it under a fair bit of load e.g. driving up a steep driveway.

I reckon you should just get the BOV fitted and see how it runs first before shelling out $500 or so big ones for the SAFC.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah my old nissan exa had an afm and i had a bov venting to atmo o it , it still worked well , but car was running rich it happens with the afm equipped cars

try it out first buy the bo and fit it and see wha happens if its not running like norml , ad u dun like it then get the safc

but id recommend the safc as it help u get more out of the car

like u can run more boost and still use less fuel than u were using when the car was stock

its a good upgrade in the long run

u can get it from the for sale threads just have a look around , shps like autobarn sell them around 500-600 dollars

or u can contact

supraman

he has got some for sale and can do them cheap

cheers
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I lost at least 20 IQ points after reading this thread.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be careful Norbie. You'll end up as thick as that intercooler in your Supra... Very Happy
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The best solution for you is to replace your 7MGTE with a 7MGE and fit the blow off valve, that way you will have no AFM/mixture problems. The only catch to doing this is you will have to have your windows down at all times so YOU can make the full sik PPPPSSSSSHHHHH noise so everyone can here you coming, or you could just keep honking your horn, that way people will hear you coming too.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahahaha.... Yeah man, why not just honk yo' horn.
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you guys ever nice? Laughing
mrated
Regular

May 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
every1 wants to be a comidan hhhaa skip. only cause i have a car i would rather push than drive yours over the line
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what? Rolling Eyes
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Thu, 27 May 2004 16:35

what? Rolling Eyes

Sounds like its from "TeH fAsT n TeH fuRiOuS" dont ya reckon?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on a totally serious note (for once)

if you REALLY want the full sik noise, then you can get a kit which uses a speaker in the engine bay to simulate the fooly sik BOV noise on gear changes.. or you could have a bottle of compressed air in the boot Wink.. or you could rig up an air-con compressor to fill a pressure vesel and vent that Very Happy

venting to atmosphere on an AFM car is just stupid.
if you need a bigger one, get a second plumb back one Very Happy

if you need the noise, get the speaker kit Wink

if you MUST have the noise AND you don't want the car to do bad things, get aftermarket ECU and MAP sensor.

or just vent to atmosphere, have the car run like shit on gear changes and just tell everyone it's because you have DA FULLEST SICKEST BLOW OFF VALVE MAAAAAAAAAATE....

sigh...

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres what to do

(damn i'm bored)

put a spark plug in your 9 inch exhaust tip and hook it up so it sparks like buggery when the BOV opens, id suggest using a microphone triggered switch with the microphone listening to the bov,

this way, on each gearchange you will get two noises,

PSHHHHHHHHH

and BANG and flames and shit out the back!

double cool!
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEAH RIGHT

AND IF IT F*@KS UP UUL GET

PSHHHTTTTTTT

BANGGG

KAAAABOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

dude if u got the money to spend go aftermarket ecu

will get rid of the afm and all

if u only got little money get the safc and tune it

no money --- run the bov and suffer ( might get away probably )
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess what it comes down to is

"FOOLY SIK COSTS MONEY" (isn't that the point? cos only the wealthy fooly sik duudes can be foolest sikest maate?)

Very Happy

if he only wants the fully sik sound, then why not simulate it with a speaker??

whats wrong with plumb back BOV's??

Cya, Stewart
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You don't need an ecu upgrade, you need an engine upgrade. 1jz and 2jz is MAP sensored, so you can vent the BOV to atmosphere with no worries. Laughing

Mine used to go Pssssht all the time ..... not that I gave a shit but it really pissed off v8 drivers when I went past Laughing Laughing It was wank value, but who cares?

boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.lawntonss.eq.edu.au/home/jshaw66/toymods.GIF
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boris wrote on Thu, 27 May 2004 18:01

http://www.lawntonss.eq.edu.au/home/jshaw66/toymods.GIF

First i didnt get it Rolling Eyes , but it clicked Laughing

Thats soo cheap but funny!
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrated wrote on Thu, 27 May 2004 14:32

every1 wants to be a comidan hhhaa skip. only cause i have a car i would rather push than drive yours over the line

What do you have anyway, Supra or Soarer? You might have to get used to pushing a 7mgte over the line anyway.

Wheres Allan to defend the 7MGTE honour?

Meh what am i talking about my 1J aint running at the moment anyway Sad
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: bov troubles Thu, 27 May 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1j - soarer 2.5 liter twin turbo will still blow black smoke if the bov is vented to atmo i have seen this happen on two cars before
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bov troubles Fri, 28 May 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats coz the soarer autobox retards the ignition on gearshifts to reduce wear on the auto, not because of the BOV venting.

My manual 1jz never used to blow black smoke on gearchange. And it had the Psssht noise in spades.

Use a bloody recirculated BOV - at least it will actually work with your engine setup. Who cares if it doesn't go psssht. After 2 weeks you're sick of it anyway.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: bov troubles Fri, 28 May 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WELL MAKES SENSE NOW, both those soarers were automatics Surprised
JZK25
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: bov troubles Fri, 28 May 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There should be a bounty on the head of the guy who came up with the term BOV. How can a vacuum operated valve create such fascination...and stupidity. Confused
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bov troubles Fri, 28 May 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, Christ what is happening to Rex's tech section Sad

Now listen up...

Why the hell would changing the AFM make a difference to the Atmospheric venting black smoke problem?

It wont make a bloody difference because once air is metered through it, the ECU assumes the engine is going to use it and a corresponding amount of fuel is injected.

If you 'blow off' a chunk of that air through your polished irritating little wank device, it makes square bugger all difference to fuelling because the ECU still thinks the engine is about to use it, so for you boneheads that means the engine runs extremely rich for that second.

Rex cares not if you replace it with Gods own AFM, it wont make a bloody difference.

If you do 'have' to fit a big polished 'BOV' (christ Rex hates that term) plum it back to (a)Do it properly, (b)Fix the smoke problem and (c)So Rex doesn't hear it and put you on His short list.

Nor does Rex think an S-AFC will make a difference...

Quote:

I lost at least 20 IQ points after reading this thread.

Rex too knows exactly what you mean...
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bov troubles Sat, 29 May 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok i have been banging my head on the table for the last 20 minutes reading this thread.

Simple as this!!!

If you want to sound like a WRX hauling arse up the street where all you can hear is the GHEY dolcet tones of a atmospheric BOV and you run it on an AFM equipped engine you will have to put up with that annoying little puff of fuel out of your exhaust for that split second......

However if that little expense over time in poorer fuel economy hits your wallet to hard man i suggest:-

A. Keep the stock Pumback BOV
B. Go take out a loan from the bank to convert your 7mgte to a MAP sensor equipped aftermarket engine management system.
C. Convert your running gear to 1j or 2j where a MAP is a stock management item
D. Or just convert your car to LPG so you can save on fuel costs

[Updated on: Sat, 29 May 2004 04:16]

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: bov troubles Sat, 29 May 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think this thread should be moved to the outhouse section cause the relevant info is going over the peoples heads who should be absorbing it Rolling Eyes
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: bov troubles Sat, 29 May 2004 08:10 Go to previous message
I've always thought the Blow Off Valve was the wrong name. It should be called a Show Off Valve. Laughing

This thread should be moved to the deleted threads section! (Although then my great joke will be gone forever).

How many bloody times has this question been asked, answered and then debated about in this forum?. Too many. Confused

I was gonna (and I guess thousands of others were as well) bring up Rex's excellent and well put point that it doesn't matter what AFM you have, simply the fact that it has an AFM is what matters but I couldn't be fucked typing it all.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 May 2004 08:11]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18rg ---> t50......possible ??
Next Topic:Pulley Size help pls.......
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 22:57:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.015180826187134 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.