Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Perth: Motorvation 2005 Thu, 27 May 2004 12:50 Go to next message
If I have the Corolla finished, it will be there.

Wondering if anyone else had thought of entering?

Possibly go as a group display either as 'ToyMods' or one of the newly forming WA groups.

Cars need to be show condition (well very neat at bare minimum). No taking your mum's Hyundai, with spoofy mags. (I am not trying to bag other peoples' cars here, just saying they have a high standard of presentation at Motorvation and they may not allow your car as an entrant if not up to scratch).

Just looking for EOI at the moment.

Send a private message to this user    
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Thu, 27 May 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man - thats some good thinkin!
It would be nice to set up a ToyMods section at Motorvation! I know there are some nice old skool Toyota's out there, and most in show worthy condition, or at least they will be by January next year! Gives people a deadline - somethin to aim for! Very Happy

I should have the engine conversion done on my MK2 by then, and whilst the interior will not be retrimmed, the exterior should still be neat n sweet, along with the tidy engine bay. Plus i was gonna enter my car in the sound off anyway - may as well have it on display for the rest of the weekend?! Razz

Any other people up for this one?!

DAMO
TRD 83
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Thu, 27 May 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will definately be up for it.

Although my car is more orientated towards performance rather than show etc.

Im not sure if it would be suitable but I would live to enter it.......Though I do have ages yet to give it a decent tidy up, maybe a respray......???
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Fri, 28 May 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i'll be up for it they wont mind a few primered up bog patches will they Laughing

you could eat of my engine bay

if you like oil

[Updated on: Fri, 28 May 2004 00:44]

earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Sun, 30 May 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool Cool

Nice to have a deadline, makes you work harder.

Gabe - don't think you should have any problems entering your car.

I think enteries start about October.

Once it gets closer to the date, we can start organising marquees etc. Make a decent weekend of it.

Be cool if we could have an old to new theme or something, i.e. old school to modern supras etc.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Tue, 01 June 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds cool. I'll be up for it. Car should be in decent condition by then Smile
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Mon, 02 August 2004 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FYI - I got my Motorvation 2005 entry sheet today, which reminded me of this post!!
First entry deadline is 31 Oct 2004! (cheap fees and guaranteed show and shine)
As the days tick on it will be harder to get your car in the show!

Just thought I'd spark up this thread again and see if anyone/anyone else is still interested!??

I'm still thinking about it!
I know I regret not having my car in 2004 Motovation!! Confused

Cheers
DAMO
TRD 83
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Wed, 04 August 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be in it for sure, im pritty sure it will be the only Camry, and i think my plates will fit right into the theme that we might use, TOYCSX, TOYMODS-NEW TO OLD Cool

If we get this crankin i can help with signage and display shit, as i do all that stuff at work. And can get it all done at a very cheap cheap price. Shocked

Was sposed to be showing with another perth group, but things might be chaning there. Think i would fit in a bit better wid you guys anyways.
TOYOTA!

Who else would like to enter?
How much is it this year btw?
Justice
Occasional Poster

May 2004

Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Thu, 05 August 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys is it to late to sign up i wouldnt mind but i duno if ill be ready by then....
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Sun, 19 September 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like the Corolla aint going to be ready for Motorvation (in between time bought a sling-shot dragster with my brother and we will be running this season, so there goes a bit of money Sad ).

I will be getting my RA23 on the road soonish, no super flash engine (18R). It should look pretty good though as it is going to be resprayed by Vulcan panel and paint. If I get time before Motorvation it will have a turbo fitted. I will be entering this instead of the Corolla.

Entry closure date: 22nd of December.

$120 for everything.

More info:
http://www.motorplex.com.au/motorvation/index.html

CLUBS/GROUPINGS: It is highly recommended that Clubs and Groupings get in early to ensure that their requirements can be accommodated with space in the pits becoming a premium. Please contact Peter Pike on 9439 9412 to advise your approximate numbers so that allowances can be made.

The quicker we get the numbers, the more likely we are to be grouped together.

A deadline of the 23d of September sound OK?

Please either indicate you interest on this thread or PM me.

I will ring Peter with numbers then.

So far:

1 Gabe
2 coronamark2
3 stumpy
4 TOYCSX
5 Earlyrolla

[Updated on: Tue, 28 September 2004 06:22]

WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Sun, 19 September 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr earlyrolla ... good on you for taking this one on board.
I think i may have to withdrawl my entry tho at this point in time.
No funds are being thrown at my Supra until next year.. currently any spare cash I have is going towards "me going to Summernats" fund in January '05.
I'll defunately aim for a OldSkoolToys display at Motorvation '06... but I think in '05 I'll be there as a spectator... again Rolling Eyes *sigh*
i don't think my Supra is up to showing off standard yet! Razz

DAMO
TRD 83
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Wed, 22 September 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hopefully all those interested so far have got my email and can reply.

Thanks,
Tyron.
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Mon, 27 September 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I havent rung Peter yet as I am still waiting on confirmation from four other people. Could you please contact me ASAP if you are interested in entering motorvation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Mon, 27 September 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does your car have to be in tip top show condition? My ST165 GT4 is nice, but you would not enter it into a show and shine comp.
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Tue, 28 September 2004 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are quite a few everyday street cars that enter. The car doesnt have to be of 'top show quality'. Merely clean, tidy and presentable.

I should have re-phrased my first comments.

If you are happy to show you car (cruise around in it on the weekend) then come along!!!

There is no obligation to enter the the show and shine or any other event.

Can I take you as a yes?
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Tue, 28 September 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO, you can take me as a HELL YES! Very Happy
WaynO
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Thu, 30 September 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey everyone great to see there is more toyota Perth people considering Motorvation 2005. I was at MV2004 and it was so much fun especially the Saturday night!! Thought Id just drop in and let you all know that I've put together a group of Toyotas that will be entering as well. If you guys are interested your more then welcome to come under our group name and promote ToyMods as we have a few other people promoting other clubs, the group name is simply there to get everyone's toyota together in the one spot.

The group name is called Total Toyota Respect (TTR) and we currently have about 8 toyotas confirmed so if your interested follow through with the link at the bottom and send us email or something. Otherwise if you get your own grouping together then thats cool we'll see you all at the show it should be good.

TTR - Total Toyota Respect Website

Thanks everyone!

Cheers
Wayne

[Updated on: Thu, 30 September 2004 03:27]

earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Thu, 30 September 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All those interested through Toymods, what are your thoughts on entering under the TTR banner? Cool
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Fri, 01 October 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would prefer to go as a Toymods group.

Provided we can get 4 or more cars.

My opinion only, lets hear from others!
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Mon, 04 October 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have no objections...

my engine goes in next week hopefully and i think maybe a cut and polish might come in handy, and ill be there.

like i said earlier, i can make banners/signs and other things like stickers and so on cheap as, so lets make our stand look good.
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Thu, 07 October 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have spoken with Peter Pike. The arrangement is that we are entered under Toymods Car Club Australia, however our pit area will adjoin to the TTR club. Hopefully this will suit everyone Smile

For all those interested here, I am suggesting we get together at some convenient location within the next couple of weeks to sort some things out, like entry forms etc.

All those in favour?

Any suggestions on a location?
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Thu, 07 October 2004 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe get together at the night cruise?
WaynO
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Thu, 07 October 2004 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earlyrolla wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 21:49

I have spoken with Peter Pike. The arrangement is that we are entered under Toymods Car Club Australia, however our pit area will adjoin to the TTR club. Hopefully this will suit everyone Smile

Well thats great news guys!! Toyota Alley it is! Very Happy

If you guys are having a cruise or meet up Id love to come along and meet some of you if you like. I know TOYCSX but the rest of you must have slipped past me...

...now you guys get signing up!
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Fri, 08 October 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was thinking before the night cruise as the entries need to be in before the end of October to avoid paying any late fees.
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Sat, 09 October 2004 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds great guys, well lets all organise to get together, wayne is the main man in the TTR group, so wayne we need you to be there so we can suss the whole thing out.

Anyone that wants to enter under either TTR or Toymods, anyone welcome, (im sure as hell we will all be together annyway), how does this thursday the 14th in the evening at say macdonalds morley carpark seem? Or sumwhere like that, that everyone knows to have a little bit of a group talk about wat we gonna do.

Please post here if you want to come along and we will organise a time. Cool
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Sun, 10 October 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good. I will probably go straight from work as there is no way I am going from Belmont to Byford and back to Morley.

How many North and how many South of the river people?

Possibly a more centrally located meeting point?
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Sun, 10 October 2004 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, I am in the Maylands area, so just say where, when and what time.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Mon, 11 October 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in for MV2005

Just tell me where and when to rock up to this meeting point, and how much it will cost.

Is this drop car off Friday nite/Sat morn, and drive it away on Sunday?

With unlimited cruizing time while we are there?
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Mon, 11 October 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cost depends on what you choose to enter into. If you choose to camp then you can stay with you r car all weekend. Yes, the car comes in either Friday night or early Saturday morning and stays till Sunday afternoon.

More details here:
http://www.motorplex.com.au/motorvation/index.html

You can either print off the entry form yourself and bring it Thursday or I will have a few with me, so you can fill it in on Thursday.

Meeting time around 6:00 to 6:30pm on Thursday @ MacDonalds in Morley, any problems with anyone?

TOYCSX could you please provide an address for those not familiar with the area (like me).

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 05:57]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Mon, 11 October 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earlyrolla wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 13:56

Meeting time around 6:00 to 6:30pm on Thursday @ MacDonalds in Morley, any problems with anyone?

I finish work at 6, so I will be there closer to 6:35/6:40

Is this ok?
WaynO
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Mon, 11 October 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats sounds good with me! I do start work at 8pm in the city but that still gives me plenty of time to sit down for a chat wit ya all so thats good.

6:15ish this Thursday it is then...

Cheers
Wayne

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 09:02]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Mon, 11 October 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just read this on the application form

Quote:

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY ONE EXTERIOR PHOTOGRAPH

So, I guess we all bring a photo?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Mon, 11 October 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Umm, riiight. See, this is where I have a problem Laughing
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Mon, 11 October 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah well, they will have to deal with my car half in primer atm as my exterior photograph. As it still hasnt gone in for painting.

I am sure they are understanding enough to realise that there is plenty of time before Motorvation to get cars painted Cool
WaynO
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Mon, 11 October 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't worry to much about the pic you need to attached its mainly used to judge who they put in the top 50 tent.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 14:04]

TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Tue, 12 October 2004 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6:15 at Morley Macdonalds is all good,
for those who dont know where this is:

I dont know the number, but its on Walter road. Directly across the road from Chicken Treat and 24HR Fast Eddies.
Next to Galleria Shopping Center.

Just everyone meet outside in the carpark, and we will suss it from there. Very Happy

Hope i can make it as my car is in the mech's atm installing the engine. Rolling Eyes

Also, when do we need these pics in by and the papers? and Money?

Cos i cant pay on thursday. Sad
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Tue, 12 October 2004 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TOYCSX wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 23:56

Also, when do we need these pics in by and the papers? and Money?

Cos i cant pay on thursday. Sad

At a guess, you will have 10-12 days after thursday to pay.
Anything later than that, and you will incur a $20 penalty.
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Wed, 13 October 2004 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Each person can send in their own entry form at anytime with the pic and money. You just have to state the group you are going with (there is a space on the form for this). If it is in before the 31st October then you dont incur the late fee and it gives the organisers time to accomodate the whole group into one area.
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Wed, 13 October 2004 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For those that couldnt make it tonight.

The general gist of things is for everyone to put in their own entry forms with a current photo etc, remembering to nominate Toymods Car Club Australia as the club entry name.

After the end of October there will be another meeting to organise area layout, theme(s), entertainment and food.

Any suggestions for possible themes would be greatly appreciated.

Anybody is welcome to suggest themes!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 14 October 2004 13:56]

_ShadowZ
Occasional Poster

July 2004
icon10.gif  Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Sat, 23 October 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah ppls,
Count me and my 3SGTE powered SV21 Carmy in.
TOYCSX will bouch for me.

BBQ, Marquee, Flyer's, Car info stands, just a few suggestions.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Thu, 28 October 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do I put on this form? I've already ticked go-whoa, dyno and camping, do I put down open air as well?
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Tue, 07 December 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do to getting the run around with painting the Celica, I wont be able to make it in time.

I dont know how many entered but hopefully there is a strong showing of Toyotas.

Always next year... Sad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Tue, 07 December 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm entered, but it doesn't look promising. We shall see.
WaynO
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Tue, 07 December 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually Ive been meaning to let yas know about this one. Whoever booked the Toymods team in will need to give the Plex a call and find out who you currently have.

We only managed to get 5 toyotas there as the other 3 were a little late in getting there forms in SO hopefully you guys/gals will have a couple more to add to those numbers!

Either way its gunna be a awesome weekend!!
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Wed, 08 December 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh, no worries. I will sort it out.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Wed, 08 December 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be putting my car in under the Toymods name.

Do I need to tell anyone, or just do it?

I would have put it in earlier, but I just plain forgot.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Wed, 08 December 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys... I'll be there to support Toymods and TTR.. but unfortunately not with my car. Hope you will still welcome me into your tent tho! Razz

I'll be organising some of the OldSkool Toys crowd for Motorvation 2006.. take note everyone.. you saw it here first! over 13months to get your cars ready! Hopefully mine will be show worthy by then also!! Very Happy hehe

See you guys down there!

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Thu, 09 December 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still enter as Toymods Car Club Australia.

I have spoken to the organiser (no longer Peter Pike), and he told me they haven't finished alloting the spaces yet.

I had entered as Toymods, but have now given my ticket to my brother since my car wont be ready.

Motorplex still have all my details so if I hear anything new I will pass it on.
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Thu, 09 December 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im very interested, not sure if they would accept the RA40 as a show-condition tho, it has its niks and naks.
Oh well, if u rekon it will get in then ill bring her along Smile
otherwise, we will let it go Razz
Steve
SleekHer
Regular

March 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Fri, 10 December 2004 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as I have heard from Wayno Motorvation is fully booked out (entering cars wise) already.

This correct??
WaynO
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Mon, 13 December 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SleekHer wrote on Fri, 10 December 2004 17:09

As far as I have heard from Wayno Motorvation is fully booked out (entering cars wise) already.

This correct??

Unless of course youve said when booking the group/club how many you can expect you may still be able to get that many as they hold that number for you, other then that forget it its fully booked!

However ifs its anything like this year (the one just gone) they keep your name open as people tend to drop out on the last week or so but thats for the lucky ones! Very Happy
Gr33nM0nk3y
Regular

September 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Wed, 22 December 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earlyrolla wrote on Thu, 27 May 2004 22:50

If I have the Corolla finished, it will be there.

Wondering if anyone else had thought of entering?

Possibly go as a group display either as 'ToyMods' or one of the newly forming WA groups.

Cars need to be show condition (well very neat at bare minimum). No taking your mum's Hyundai, with spoofy mags. (I am not trying to bag other peoples' cars here, just saying they have a high standard of presentation at Motorvation and they may not allow your car as an entrant if not up to scratch).

Just looking for EOI at the moment.

hahahaha
last year, i entered my ke70, it was painted matt black, no bonnet, indicators falling out, headlights not in square, dents and scrapes everywhere, had not been washed in about 4 months, still had rally track dust on it..

it was in the AFARCC stand. i think it got a bit of attention when it was there.. allways ppl standing around it Smile

earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Wed, 22 December 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess it depends on what your display is about then.

I know at least one person who has had their car rejected.

That said, this year there was that piece of s$&t chopped falcon driving about!!!
Endless
Regular

October 2004
Re: Perth: Motorvation 2005 Sun, 26 December 2004 08:48 Go to previous message
hmm ill be able to make it up there as long as i get my car in time , should do though .. just a question - is the supercruises only for entrants or can others tag along?? ... as long as the car looks mean though Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Tsunami Cruise, Mon 3/01/05
Next Topic:[PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:10:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074570178985596 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.