Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Where to put aeriel???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ozboy
Regular

February 2004
Where to put aeriel??? Thu, 27 May 2004 10:22 Go to next message
im redoing the body on my car and was wandering if i take out my aeriel and weld up the hole where can i put it so that i still get the radio stations???

What do i do???
  Send a private message to this user    
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Where to put aeriel??? Thu, 27 May 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
use the back window demister.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Where to put aeriel??? Thu, 27 May 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shove one in the middle of the roof, make it look like an RC car Evil or Very Mad
TA22
Regular

June 2003
Re: Where to put aeriel??? Thu, 27 May 2004 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Fri, 28 May 2004 01:03

Shove one in the middle of the roof, make it look like an RC car Evil or Very Mad

hahah i like that idea

yeh im thinking the demister wouldnt be strong enough. ive heard r32 skylines got a thin wire running along the windscreen sill for an antenna. maybe something like that?? or try taking off the antenna and running it from under the dash or something, see if it works
TA22
Regular

June 2003
Re: Where to put aeriel??? Thu, 27 May 2004 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha u guys believe ive had my gt for a few months now sitting in my driveway and i never even noticed it didnt have an antenna....wow thats bad

im interested what its doing without an antenna, il keep u posted ozboy....

take a geez ppls: http://www.geocities.com/ta22_cka/73GT/details.htm l

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:32]

SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Where to put aeriel??? Thu, 27 May 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys I'm not sure where you get them from but there are antennas that you can punch/drill a hole on the dash and it stick it though.

Pretty much looks like an antenna from a mobile phone... similar size and shape.... they are quite powerful too...
So they are like a little knob on your dash... not to dissimilar to the short commings of excel drivers Laughing

Probably check places like jaycar, autobahn... places like that... hope this helps.

Cheers,
Speedy!
ozboy
Regular

February 2004
Re: Where to put aeriel??? Thu, 27 May 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was actually thinking of putting the new BMW fin antenna on but it wouldnt suit the car so i might go with the little antenna spiral antenna on the back of the roof also from BMW...

thanx guys ill still have a look at some auto accessories places and see what they have to offer...Thanx again for your help
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Where to put aeriel??? Fri, 28 May 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My GA61 Celica XX has the aerial built into the rear windscreen from factory Smile It looks just like the demister wires!
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Where to put aeriel??? Fri, 28 May 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ozboy wrote on Fri, 28 May 2004 08:37

I was actually thinking of putting the new BMW fin antenna on but it wouldnt suit the car so i might go with the little antenna spiral antenna on the back of the roof also from BMW...

arnt these for the gps?
ozboy
Regular

February 2004
Re: Where to put aeriel??? Fri, 28 May 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have no idea but they should be able to pick up radiostations!!!
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Where to put aeriel??? Fri, 28 May 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why?

just get one of those little internal ones that are amplified, they sit behind your rear vision mirror,thats what i'm going to do.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Where to put aeriel??? Fri, 28 May 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my sprinter has had the aerial removed, and ive got one of those little amplified antennas behind my rv mirror, stuck to the windscreen.

it is an absolute JOKE! Confused crap is too good a word for it

dont get one, they are shite, im gonna try the rear demister idea, coz this thing its just shite. it could have something to do with the standard radio unit (uhuh thats right) but i doubt it..

i wish i had the normal antenna.. although my car does look better without it there
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Where to put aeriel??? Fri, 28 May 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, thanks for the tip.

i was just planning on burnoing lots of CDs and never listening to the radio if i couldnt sort out the antenna issue.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Where to put aeriel??? Fri, 28 May 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wonder if i could lace my cage with the aerial wire.......

seriously though Mic has one on the roof, looks like an Echo or something one.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Where to put aeriel??? Fri, 28 May 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone or something snaped my aeriel off long ago. I think the rear demister is the way to go, but if your a bit lazy like myself, just listen to CD's or your engine! Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 28 May 2004 12:48]

Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Where to put aeriel??? Fri, 28 May 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The fin on the BMW is actually for the ones with the GPS otption. I have seen at supercheap a kind of long sticky aerial that you put up along in your roof or so.

No idea what the quality is like but who cares now that some head units are now coming out with hard drives in them so you can have enough MP3s to drive around Oz with stored on it.

http://www.clarion.com.au/Car/index.html
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Where to put aeriel??? Fri, 28 May 2004 15:23 Go to previous message
I used a mobile phone aerial, but i havent got the part that sticks to the outside of the windscreen on, so its just the little reciever thing on the inside on my back windscreen. Seems to get reception fine too.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Corolla won't turn off!! Why? AE82
Next Topic:Big brakes for hilux
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:51:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048129558563232 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.