Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
samdowning
Occasional Poster

April 2004
JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Fri, 28 May 2004 06:41 Go to next message
i've been trying to get the parts to change my MX73 cressy to a manual, i'm aware that the MX32, and MX62 pedal box will go in, but i get laughed at every time i ask a wrecker about it, they just aren't around anymore. so i'm wondering if anyone knows if the pedals from a JZX? chaser would fit, has anyone done this? i imagine that it would fit easily into an MX83 as they are basically the same car. if any one has any idea i'd love to hear it, also if anyone happens to have a suitable set of pedals they are looking to offload, i'm your man.

cheers,
sam
  Send a private message to this user    
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Fri, 28 May 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the reason you get laughed at when you ask for an mx62 manual pedal box is because we never got them as manual over here (and I think we got very few mx32's as manual) Laughing (i've recently done a manual conversion and I was forced to make my own pedal if that helps)

Perhaps try and see if one out of an RA60/RA65 will fit, or also an ST141 corona (I used the ra60 as my donor to modify)

Cheers
Wilbo
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Sat, 29 May 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a chaser manual clutch pedal assembly including master cylinder .cant tell you if will fit mx73 but if it does then email me its for sale
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Sun, 30 May 2004 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GX61/MX62 is the only thing that fit from my searches.
And it still required small modification.

All Toyota setups will bolt through the firewall perfectly, but very very few will bolt to the underside of the dash properly.

Maybe try some old Crowns?
samdowning
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for your help guys, but i'm still wondering about jzx pedals, and how close they would be to fitting, especially since celicamad has one for sale, any help or other suggestions would be great.

also anyone who has a 5 speed with an m-series bellhousing for a good price, i'll be needing one of them too, and i'll also probably need the tailshaft to go with it.

cheers
sam
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tailshaft wont work, just get yours lengthened (75mm from memory, but measure it)

You also need hardlines.

If Celicamad can get me a photo of the JZX pedal, I will tell you if it fits.

And W57/8's with M series bellhousings, check the forsale section, there are a few there.
And you will need the correct shifter position too.
Do a search for it.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samdowning wrote on Mon, 31 May 2004 11:49

also anyone who has a 5 speed with an m-series bellhousing for a good price, i'll be needing one of them too, and i'll also probably need the tailshaft to go with it.

cheers
sam

There was a M series to W50 in the for sale section recently (depends if you want a M series to W50 or W55, W57, W58, W59)

And bbaacchhyy has a M series to W5X for sale as well....

Cheers
Wilbo

[Updated on: Mon, 31 May 2004 02:03]

samdowning
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the reason i mentioned the tail shaft is because i was under the impression that the easiest way to sort out the tail shaft would be to have the one that fits the box, and the one that fits the diff, and make one out of the two. but if thats rubbish i'm up for knowing.

cheers sam
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your current tailshaft will fit the diff (der)
Your current tailshaft will fit the manual box.

Just get the front section lengthened.

And get the uni's and centre bearing checked/replaced at the same time.

It will cost around the 200-300 mark not including uni's
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, just incase you need it

http://www.oz-enet.com.au/~peewee/gbox_conv_1.html
samdowning
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 31 May 2004 12:00

Tailshaft wont work, just get yours lengthened (75mm from memory, but measure it)

You also need hardlines.

If Celicamad can get me a photo of the JZX pedal, I will tell you if it fits.

And W57/8's with M series bellhousings, check the forsale section, there are a few there.
And you will need the correct shifter position too.
Do a search for it.

what do you mean by hard lines? are you refering to the hydraulic clutch lines? if so i was kind of hoping i could by new ones along with the masterand slave cylinder for an mx32 from somewhere like ABS but if you have a better idea im all ears!
cheers guys
pannelvan_screema
Regular

November 2002
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In PeeWee's site (very good i might add) it says at the start he uses the pedal box and associated gear from a Mark II supra (MA-61) correct??
If this is so is the W-55/58 longer that the W-50 pee wee uses??
if not couldnt you use the front half shaft off the MA-61??

I am only assuming.
The way peewee puts it the markII pedal box bolts pretty much straight in so why is samdowning looking for a MX-32/MX-62 pedal box??

Richard

P.S wanting to know as i want to do the same conversion
samdowning
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 31 May 2004 12:20

Your current tailshaft will fit the diff (der)
Your current tailshaft will fit the manual box.

i was aware that the diff end of my one would be alright,(im not completely stupid Rolling Eyes ) but i didn't think the auto one'll go into the manual box. so thatnx for that little piece of info.

cheers sam
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard, thats a Toyota Mark II (GX61), not a Mk2 Supra.
Biiiiig difference.

And the W50/W58 are close enough to the same length to not worry about it.
samdowning
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pannelvan_screema wrote on Mon, 31 May 2004 12:36

In PeeWee's site (very good i might add) it says at the start he uses the pedal box and associated gear from a Mark II supra (MA-61) correct??
If this is so is the W-55/58 longer that the W-50 pee wee uses??
if not couldnt you use the front half shaft off the MA-61??

I am only assuming.
The way peewee puts it the markII pedal box bolts pretty much straight in so why is samdowning looking for a MX-32/MX-62 pedal box??

Richard

P.S wanting to know as i want to do the same conversion

where did he say he used gear from an ma61 i just had another look becuase i had in my mind for some reason he had said mx62, but in heind sight that doesn't make sense since they weren't brought into aus, however this time i looked i couldn't find any mention of the model of the donor at all... maybe my brain is falling apart though Embarassed if it is an ma61 then getting the suff should be relatively easy i would think.

anyway thanks for bringing that to my attention.
samdowning
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is a mark II gx61? i've never heard of them
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Mark II is the JDM version of the Cressida.
samdowning
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so ive been trying to establish which gear-changer position i need for a w50 type box and from what i can gather it seems as though it needs to be the one which is further back (i think there are only two positions, correct?) but i'd love it if someone could confirm this for me since im pretty unlikely to get my money back if i buy the wrong thing.

as far as the particular model of w5x i reall dont mind which one i end up with, as far as i can ascertain they're all over engineered so it oughtn't matter.

cheers,
sam
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're better off going with the W58; if there was a manual version of the MX73 that's what it would have come with so the mounting points will be in the correct location and you should be able to use a crossmember from an RA60 Celica. The W5x boxes are lighter and have a much better shift quality than the old W50 in my experience.
pannelvan_screema
Regular

November 2002
Re: JZX pedal's in an MX73 cressida? Mon, 31 May 2004 11:20 Go to previous message
Oh ok sorry my bad.

Richard
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need 1jz intake manifold pics
Next Topic:S/C on GZE dont spool....Help!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 21:41:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063560009002686 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.