Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
US86
Newcomer

May 2004
WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Wed, 26 May 2004 05:45 Go to next message
just like the title states, i have a JDM kouki bumper and full trueno front and i am looking for a good condition kouki levin front or a zenki levin front with a bit of cash. please let me know if you are interested and email me at delinquentsk8r@hotmail.com

now i realize shipping might be a bit exspensive seeing as i am located in california but it is worth it! i am able to get as many of these trades as you guys want so post if you are SERIOUS.

EDIT: oops forgot pics
http://s91398820.onlinehome.us/AD2.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 26 May 2004 05:50]

Send a private message to this user    
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Wed, 26 May 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about a 1 for 1?
(zenki levin for zenki trueno)..

it's only fair cause over here in aus, we only get levins as you guys only get truenos.

Even here, zenki front ends are very rare and expensive (everyone smashes theirs).

US86
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Wed, 26 May 2004 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see but the USDM zenki trueno front is not like the JDM zenki front. when i get home i will show you a picture but they are a little different and a lot bulkier on the count of us crash testing is more rigourous than most countries. but zenki levin for USDM zenki trueno would be a fair trade. ill post more when i get home. anyone have a kouki levin?
GTII
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Thu, 27 May 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It might help to post some pics of the kouki and zenki stuff so that it's clear what we are talking about. Sorry I get confused with these differences Wink

US86
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Thu, 27 May 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok here are some pics

HERE is the JDM zenki or early model AE86 bumper ordered from toyota. to convert a USDM trueno front to JDM trueno front you need: left and right bumper brackets - $80, jdm bumper lights (for jdm kouki bumpers only) - $80, JDM zenki or kouki grill - $60, and finnally you need the actual bumper skin which costs about $150 new. this all has to be ordered from the dealership and only a few dealerships where guys have hookups can get them.

JDM ZENKI bumper
http://members.shaw.ca/migsman/DODCars/MigsAE86Coupe/MigsCoupeZenkiWingInst016.jpg
http://village.infoweb.ne.jp/~fvgn4520/car/ini-d/trueno.jpg

here is the USDM bumper which resembles a JDM zenki
http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album74/DSC00104.sized.jpg
http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album74/DSC00107.sized.jpg
http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album74/DSC00167.jpg
http://www.club4ag.com/PHOTOS/contributions/4-15-02/FR/Rolla%20Pat%201.jpg

and the best looking IMO the JDM kouki bumper (also the most widely used)

shown with optional lip
http://www.club4ag.com/PHOTOS/contributions/4-15-02/FR/Booney%20Michael%20-OKIBOONEY%20123.jpg

with some wierd custom lip
http://www12.plala.or.jp/ptt_labo/profile/treasure/otakara-001/ae86.doridori.1996.07.06-1.JPG

Basically the jdm kouki and zenki are alike except for the bumper lights and the grill and a couple other slight differences. but as you can see the USDM bumper is ugly and it is more than one piece. you have those two peices on the side and there is a shitload of foam and heavy stuff up there. which is why most modified USDM corollas have jdm bumpers. any more questions?

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Thu, 27 May 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have u find out what's the shipping cost to send your JDM kouki bumper and front end (bodypanels only) to australia? Rolling Eyes

sounds easy but shipping and TAX will cost heaps.

US86
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Thu, 27 May 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satoshi wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 21:57

have u find out what's the shipping cost to send your JDM kouki bumper and front end (bodypanels only) to australia? Rolling Eyes

yes i believe it will cost a lot of money but i dont estimate more than about 400 dollars. which when you think about it is a good deal for what you are getting. if someone was selling a kouki trueno front end for 400 dollars would you take it?
evilshyt
Regular

November 2002
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Thu, 27 May 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shipping costs would be there about..

but customs, clearence, inspectin and tax is what kills ya..
I knew a guy who got some 150 dollar guards in from NZ recently, ended costing him that many many times over..

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:07]

truenolevin
Regular

September 2003
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Thu, 27 May 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude.. Pm sent.. i can send from Japan. If u can organise a whole container.. i will see to the organising

kevin
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Fri, 28 May 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
US86 wrote on Thu, 27 May 2004 13:34

yes i believe it will cost a lot of money but i dont estimate more than about 400 dollars. which when you think about it is a good deal for what you are getting. if someone was selling a kouki trueno front end for 400 dollars would you take it?

So as a joke last night over dinner my girlfriend who works in freight forwarding worked out the cost to import these parts into Australia. We based the calculations on the goods being valued at $1000, and the freight taking 1 cubic metre. the resultant cost was $1265, on top of the value of the goods being swapped!!! Be careful!
US86
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Fri, 28 May 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Thu, 27 May 2004 20:35

US86 wrote on Thu, 27 May 2004 13:34

So as a joke last night over dinner my girlfriend who works in freight forwarding worked out the cost to import these parts into Australia. We based the calculations on the goods being valued at $1000, and the freight taking 1 cubic metre. the resultant cost was $1265, on top of the value of the goods being swapped!!! Be careful!
can anyone confirm this? how is it possible to get a front end in and still make any money?!?!
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Fri, 28 May 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if there's a kouki bumper for $400 i'll probably not buy it...

but given the situation that i will buy the kouki bumper...cash out $400 for bumper....sell my used zenki bumper for $150-200....

in the end....cash spent is about 200 on bumper..

hope u take into consideration that trading front bumper between states and australia or anywhere in the world is not easy..(we are not trading stems or postcards Rolling Eyes )

i was told my a shipping agent that the actual cost of shipping it by sea is not expensive..it is the document fees and shits..

good luck
US86
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Sat, 29 May 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satoshi wrote on Fri, 28 May 2004 05:27

if there's a kouki bumper for $400 i'll probably not buy it...

but given the situation that i will buy the kouki bumper...cash out $400 for bumper....sell my used zenki bumper for $150-200....

in the end....cash spent is about 200 on bumper..

hope u take into consideration that trading front bumper between states and australia or anywhere in the world is not easy..(we are not trading stems or postcards Rolling Eyes )

i was told my a shipping agent that the actual cost of shipping it by sea is not expensive..it is the document fees and shits..

good luck

um ok. its not just a bumper its a full trueno front end. that means lights brackets bumper fenders hood...
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Sat, 29 May 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget the cluster surround, light switch and wiring to suit too?!!!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Sat, 29 May 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there any cheaper way for shipping/tax?

if it can be done for $600, then im happy to trade noses.. if its a straight swap.. the levin front would be worth heaps there, im sure more than what a trueno front is worth here..

edit: one thing though. can someone confirm that the ONLY difference between the US front and the JDM front is the front bar?!

thanks

[Updated on: Sat, 29 May 2004 14:26]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Sat, 29 May 2004 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you wanna do jdm zenki, then you need jdm zenki supports
if you wanna do jdm kouki, then you need jdm kouki front bumper supports.

U can use the US bumper supports and cable ties..

or you can buy j-blood carbon fiber for a couple of hundred bucks that are universal.

But I reckon the us bars don't look that bad anyways.
They are safer to boot Smile
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Sun, 30 May 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the US bars are gross! i hate them

ok so i need bumper supports, but apart from that everything should be jim dandy?

this isnt sounding too hard, now i just have to see if i can find a decent cost on shipping. if i cant then ill forget about it, as i can get a trueno front locally for about $1k
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: WTT: my kouki trueno front end for your kouki(or zenki) levin front (im in US) Sun, 30 May 2004 08:59 Go to previous message
pretty easy conversion..

BTW.. if you could get a trueno front locally for 1k, then GO FOR IT!!!

seriously...

you could sell your levin for abou 600.. and it'll only cost 400 extra dollars. Plus, you won't have to worry about buying bars, etc. etc...

Seriously, your real lucky coming accross something like that that cheap.

And you'll have no headaches with paper work

[Updated on: Sun, 30 May 2004 09:01]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:any ideas how much a 2T-G clutch is worth?
Next Topic:decent cup holder for 86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:00:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061049461364746 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.