Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
icon4.gif  2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Thu, 27 May 2004 08:12 Go to next message
Hi guys,

I just want to know where i stand, if i have a problem or if this is the nature of a high revving 2TGEU.

Mine has efi with quad throttle bodies and it surely does tune out some power, but at the same time drinks the fuel. Last 35ltrs took me 165km. I took some fuel pressure out and i might squeeze 200km from this 35ltrs but still is too much for my liking.

How much does your (high compression) 2TG/EU drink?

Cheers for any input.
Frank
  Send a private message to this user    
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Thu, 27 May 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats pretty good economy, i get 170km from 38L with a 1600cc 4AG!
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Thu, 27 May 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd get about 500km from 38L in my 4AGE...one good thing about stock 4 cylinders Smile Rolling Eyes

Sorry - that was a pointless post Embarassed

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:56]

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Thu, 27 May 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i get about 350km/35L out of my 2tg
alot less when driven hard... it has 4.8 diff in it so its doing around 4700rpm@110km/h in 5th Razz
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Thu, 27 May 2004 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the replies fellas!

IRA11Y, i'm guessing your 4age isn't standard. What type of mods have you done to have the car drink more than the other 4age's?

My injectors are standard Camira units which are'nt that big at all, but the ecu may be tuned slightlt richer, even though the mixture is at 13). When i took out some fuel pressure, it gave the extra mileage but definately took some power out from the top end, so that tells me the motor needs that extra fuel!
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Fri, 28 May 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7mgtema71
id love to know more about your setup
u dont have any pics do u?
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Fri, 28 May 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We'll there's not much to report except for a custom job efi quad throttle body match-ported and adapted to a carbie 40mm manifold running with a delco setup (Map sensor). I'm leaning towards building a little plenum box for the map sensor as i feel when the throttle is open even a little, it losses heaps of pressure and therefore telling the ECU to run in the rich map. If i can contain and control the drop in pressure in cruising conditions, it should be more tammed. At the moment there is no plenum what so ever besides a hose connecting both pairs at the manifold end and i just have the map tapped in there. Definately not the idead point but it woks for now quite well too.

No pics at the moment! Might take some though before i plough it into a tree, etc.. Rolling Eyes

frank
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Fri, 28 May 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We'll there's not much to report except for a custom job efi quad throttle body match-ported and adapted to a carbie 40mm manifold running with a delco setup (Map sensor). I'm leaning towards building a little plenum box for the map sensor as i feel when the throttle is open even a little, it losses heaps of pressure and therefore telling the ECU to run in the rich map. If i can contain and control the drop in pressure in cruising conditions, it should be more tammed. At the moment there is no plenum what so ever besides a hose connecting both pairs at the manifold end and i just have the map tapped in there. Definately not the idead point but it woks for now quite well too.

No pics at the moment! Might take some though before i plough it into a tree, etc.. Rolling Eyes

frank
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Fri, 28 May 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that you'll find the QTB setup is not really designed for good fuel economy...your choices are either to drive it like a pansy (in which case you still won't get that good economy because it's likely that your car isn't developing good flow characteristics at low RPM) or you drive it hard and enjoy the expense of QTB Smile
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Sat, 29 May 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy - thats a fair comment. You don't spend that cash to do up cars to get more power if your not expecting a compromise.

But then again how much worse could it be compared to let say 45/48mm twin carb's? Does anyone out there have a these carbs running on a 2TG to compare???
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Sat, 29 May 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a single weber running very rich on a 2t .. not 2tg - but still mildly worked ..

Even in its rich state and havy footing id still manage over 350MK per tank from it ..

Sounds like youve got a typical example of economy versus power Smile

My gt4 ( a offtopic example ) is a good example of this - over 600KM per tank on cruising/low boost/highway ..

Less than 450 on High boost/fanging/around town stuff ..

( its a 68 litre tank too )
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Sat, 29 May 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TGs car would have at least twin 40mm DCOE (?) solexes and he posted that he gets 350kms.

I'd suggest getting another fuel economy reading, because your's does sound a bit low - go out, fill up, drive like an *absolute* pansy for 200kays (no higher than 4000rpm), then fill up again and see how much you used. If you are really sure that you can't go for 200 kays, then just go for 150 or so.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Sat, 29 May 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i run the standard solex's (40mm)
with a 4.8 diff ratio as well
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Sat, 29 May 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
13:1 a/f ratio is a bit rich - it's almost rich enough to run 10psi of boost without melting pistons if you ask me.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Sat, 29 May 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got 10:1 a/f when i dynoed mine last time
should do somthing about it some time i guess
i got 8.8 pistons and made 52kw
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Sat, 29 May 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guessed it right - delco + quads on MAP is not a happy combination. The Delco maps are relatively coarse, therefore the big changes in vacuum will immediately drown the engine. I'm also guessing that your mixture reading was taken on a dyno? Try checking it on the road - you'll find things are an awul lot worse. You need to run in TPS mode, and also do some careful tuning. You're not, by any chance, using a standard Camira memcal, are you?? Shocked
toynado
Regular

May 2004
Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Sat, 29 May 2004 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is the ratio of volumes of the quad throttles to the stocker?
there's your mpg ratio...
how rich do the plugs look?
more air and no afm efi = poor mileage
plus you are using carb tech on an efi !!!
2 different methods that SHOULD not really interchange well ...
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Mon, 31 May 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ECU has been modified with a 16bit or 32bit chip (cant recal but it's the same as the VR firmware and therefore tuned with the latest software.

I do understand what you mean by the instant feul dump due to huge pressure drops, but what setup does the 4AGE with QTB have? Don't they run MAP sensorsand they can't have a big plenum, right? More research...
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Mon, 31 May 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, make sure everythings working right, then do some more tuning. Remember:
1. TPS, not MAP
2. Do lots of checking on the road, not just the dyno
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Tue, 01 June 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers for your input MrShin. I did have hold of a proper A/F meassuring tool, but some stooge broke it and now the mechanic wont lend it out (the sensor set him back about 400-600 buckaroo's).

I'm still keen on finding out how the 4AGE 20V QTB works with it's map sensor in relation to plenum cambers, and source points, etc. Bill Sherwood, here i come, hehe.

Thanks for all your input guys.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 2TG - Does yours drink heaps with big EFI or larger carbies??? Wed, 02 June 2004 05:50 Go to previous message
Quote:

IRA11Y, i'm guessing your 4age isn't standard. What type of mods have you done to have the car drink more than the other 4age's?

Lots Wink it still isnt fully tuned yet, but ive just finished running it in and it will hopefully be going back on the dyno on monday to do the 6000-9000rpm base tune and clean up the under 6000rpm a bit better, maybe ill improve economy a bit then, but i doubt it will be by much.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2T to 2TG Conversion - What's compatible?
Next Topic:jza70 camber
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 07:36:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054299831390381 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.