Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ultimate 2T/3T???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
ultimate 2T/3T??? Mon, 31 May 2004 11:11 Go to next message
just for interests sake at the moment (i've got two project cars i need to get on the road before i can afford to start this) i was looking for opinions on the ultimate 2/3T engine. for boost of course Very Happy

i've never built an engine before so once the celica's back on the road i'm going to start picking up the parts i want and start putting something together. i'm not looking for expensive aftermarket parts and i've got a friend who can weld up inlet/exhaust manifolds although i'd prefer to stick to stock parts if they're not too useless.

i'm after opinions on the best block, crank, piston, rings, head gasket, head, fuel rail, inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, turbo (not stupidly insanely huge expensive turbo, something not too harsh for the street but handy for drag racing), and things i should do along the way like match porting and stuff.

i was thinking about just going with a stock 3T turbo engine (twin spark i think?) but i remember seeing someone recommending putting a 2TGTEU head on one, i assume they've got better flow and while i was thinking about that i came up with this idea.

any information appreciated, especially if you've done the work and know the performance gains,

cheers
Matt
  Send a private message to this user    
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: ultimate 2T/3T??? Tue, 01 June 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=search&am p;rid=3250&S=f8b92d324d0b59e35300979b0c6eca44
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: ultimate 2T/3T??? Tue, 01 June 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did a search (a pretty general search, everything in technical that had 2T in it) and after wading through i don't know how much information i found this

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=36226&rid=4268&S=611072cea34838cedca94fa 6a37c55d1&pl_view=&start=0#msg_321059

interesting but not what i'm looking for (but full credit to dcleyne for finding all that info, cheers).

what i'm after is input from people who have built engines, what they've done, what works, what doesn't, what gains were made and what not to do.

if anyone can help i'd appreciate it,

cheers
Matt

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2004 10:07]

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ultimate 2T/3T??? Tue, 01 June 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you say you want to build the "unlimate" but then you say you want to keep it stock parts?

the only stock bit id keep is the block and crank
http://www.theracingstore.com./
http://www.psiracing.com/
http://www.paradiseracing.com
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: ultimate 2T/3T??? Wed, 02 June 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stock parts within reason, i don't want to have to buy a super expensive head (although i wouldn't mind learning a bit about port matching and improving flow along the way) or spend a thousand dollars on a turbo. i'd probably be happy to lay out for new pistons, head gasket (are TRD head gaskets worth the extra $?), and rods if i needed to, manifolds i'd prefer to use stock. i just figured with all the combinations available from the different types of 2T and 3T there must be something that goes together to make good hp. doesn't seem like anybody knows exactly what though.

i'd assume that 3T crank and pistons would be best because it'd mean an extra 200cc to play with, are there any benefits to the twin spark plugs on the 3T head. i remember reading somewhere that the later model 2TGEU head has better flow, would this outweight the benefits of twin spark? whats the best amount of compression to use for a turbo and what parts would i want to use to achieve this compression (wouldn't have a clue how to calculate this)?

this is the sort of info i'm after but i didn't want to get too specific because then i'd probably miss the little tricks that people have used along the way,

cheers
Matt
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ultimate 2T/3T??? Wed, 02 June 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grab a 3tgte
use the crank and rods
get a 2tg head number 88261 or 88222
make custom plenum and exhaust manifolds
port match and light porting
custom pistons 88mm which will bring it out to around 1900cc
use the 2tg cams or get a rally grind cam
get a 320-400hp gt25 from some place or get somthing kinda large from the jap wreakers (nothing stock)
should get you 180-200kw
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: ultimate 2T/3T??? Wed, 02 June 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers, thats more like what i was after.

had a look at those american sites too, they're making some pretty good numbers over there, some wicked looking cars as well.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ultimate 2T/3T??? Wed, 02 June 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah there are half a dozen 8sec 3ts around
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: ultimate 2T/3T??? Wed, 02 June 2004 05:17 Go to previous message
and has a 3tc got the same bottom end? i know someone who's got one spare and if i don't need the pistons or the head and the bottom end is the same i might have to try and acquire it,

cheers
Matt
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:jza70 camber
Next Topic:SR20/AE86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 03:01:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041990280151367 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.