Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
The ST162 White Pointer Project Thu, 06 May 2004 08:22 Go to next message
Is firing on all cylinders!

http://theproject.shoboken.net/

I've actually posted my car here once already, but i felt that for this new beginning, there should also be a new thread!

So if anyone cares enough haha, i'll be updating the project page everytime there's an update to be made. that's how it usually works!

Cheers Wink

[Updated on: Sat, 29 May 2004 01:36]

Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: The Toyota Celica ST162 Project Thu, 06 May 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that site kicks butt dude!

nice one.. Very Happy

nice car too.. but I already told you that Smile
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: The Toyota Celica ST162 Project Thu, 06 May 2004 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmm, ROH reflex's great looking wheels
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: The Toyota Celica ST162 Project Thu, 06 May 2004 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Mike,

Site looks great, looking forward to following the work you do on your car, as a fellow '86 Celica owner myself! (and mine's even white too!) Hope you get it on the road soon, 4th gen Celica ownership is definitely a joy and you will love driving it.

I read on the site that you intend to fit power windows to yours at some stage. As it turns out I am about to do the exact same thing to mine, just last weekend I bought the motors, switches, door mouldings, etc from a guy who was parting out his Celica. I'll probably fit them in the next couple of weeks (I'm pretty pressed for time these days, but hopefully I'll squeeze them in) and I'll let you know how it all goes if you're interested.

Best of luck with your project!

Later,
Matt
Edwin 3S-GTE
Regular

February 2004
Re: The Toyota Celica ST162 Project Fri, 07 May 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice, clean site. Car looks clean too! BTW thanks for linking my site!
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: The Toyota Celica ST162 Project Fri, 07 May 2004 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edwin: aaah mate, your site is an inspiration! you've done an amazing job, i couldn't possibly hope to top it, but but i can sure as hell try haha. nice one!

matt: that'd be bloody awesome mate, i'm jealous of your progress haha. but yeah, if you could let me know how it goes, that would be seriously cool. maybe you could take a couple happy snaps while you're doing it too, gimme an insight into the process Wink haha, cheers again!

everyone else, thanks for the compliments! much appreciated Very Happy

by the way, Rob, if there's any way i can help with the 4thgencelica site, let me know! i'd be happy to do some design work for it Smile

edit++ gee, i wonder if rob will mind the 4thgencelica.com "in association with" links haha.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 May 2004 07:57]

stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: The Toyota Celica ST162 Project Sun, 09 May 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MASSIVE FRICKEN NEWS!

The Toyota Celica ST162 Project has been expanded to include SR_TwinCam's Red Dragon Project. My own project has been renamed to the White Pointer Project.

I'm fired up! hahah. aaaah i'm such a spastic. but this was fun, and i hope you guys will keep checking back to see what progress we've made on our cars Very Happy
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The Toyota Celica ST162 Project Wed, 12 May 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a pretty clean site. Your obviously a designer, so am I, but not web design unfortunately, but i will learn eventually.
If i could be bothered i would add my conversion to that site once i start it later this year, but i don't have a camera so it will be pointless. Whereabouts in Melb do you live?
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: The Toyota Celica ST162 Project Wed, 19 May 2004 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big pay this week!! definitely getting the CV Joint fixed!!

THE WHITE POINTER WILL RIDE AGAIN!!!
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: The Toyota Celica ST162 Project Sat, 22 May 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FOR FUCKS SAKE!

a) it wasn't the cv joint that was fucked (even though my uncle told me he was 100% positive that it was), it was in fact the bearings. that's gonna cost me the same to get fixed, and the mechanic wasn't equipped to do that today, so i have to wait till fucking MONDAY. fuck!! my entire fucking weekend wasted. i was pumped all of last week to be finally getting it fixed and having it available this weekend, and now i have to fucking wait. i don't mind waiting so much, but you know how it feels when you're pumped about something, and then it fucks up? that's how i fucking feel.

b) the alternator is also fucked, which is going to cost me 390 to fix. i've only got enough to fix the bearings, and i get paid fortnightly, so the alternator has to wait another 2 weeks. FUCK!!

c) FUCK!!
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The Toyota Celica ST162 Project Sat, 22 May 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*pats mike on the back reassuringly*
its OK man, just wait until it does finally get on the road, you'll be even more pumped, you might even have to be taken off the road depending on how pumped up you are.
It happens to the best of us. Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: The Toyota Celica ST162 Project Mon, 24 May 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seriously, you could spend a day searching wreckers and you'll find a alternator for $100 that will work perfectly. Some wreckers will even give a warranty, plus if you need a step by step guide and photos as to replacing the alternator yourself, I can easily go and get them for you!
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: The Toyota Celica ST162 Project Mon, 24 May 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, thanks for the kind words guys Wink

Quote:

*pats mike on the back reassuringly*
its OK man, just wait until it does finally get on the road, you'll be even more pumped, you might even have to be taken off the road depending on how pumped up you are.

well! the mechanic came around again today while i was at work - as per the plan - and fixed the bearings as requested. that leaves the alternator.

so anyway, i took it for a spin haha. why is this funny? it's got no brakes Very Happy. yeah, only got the handbrake haha. but i took it for a spin around the block anyway, just a nice and casual ride. slowed it with the gears as much as possible, then lightly on the handbrake. i am a madman, this is true.

Quote:

Seriously, you could spend a day searching wreckers and you'll find a alternator for $100 that will work perfectly. Some wreckers will even give a warranty, plus if you need a step by step guide and photos as to replacing the alternator yourself, I can easily go and get them for you!

well actually, rob has offered me one for a very generous price! if i remember the private message correctly, he has a couple sitting around and he doesn't see any reason why they wouldn't work. for the price he's offered one to me, i'd say it's a worthwhile risk! so i just gotta stuff some money into his account and await it's arrival down here in melbania!

yeah i'm not too worried about the installation side of things, i've got my old man here if i need any help, he's a bit of a natural with shit like this!

update:

under weight, the exhaust is very loud at acceleration. i think it might have a hole in it or something, but as we all know, i'm a bit of a dumbarse, so i could be totally wrong.

odd ringing noise coming from somewhere, kind of like a washer spinning on a bolt. i figure it's something to do with the brakes or wheels, but we'll find out on the weekend i think.

SR_TWINCAM, gonna need your help i think!
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: The ST162 White Pointer Project Sat, 29 May 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just did the brakes. all they needed was a bit of bleeding, no dramas. since the alternator's fucked, i got my old man to gimme a jumpstart and then i took it out for a bit of a cautious spin (been a while since it was driven properly), and i'm pretty happy. however, i think the bearings in one of the other wheels are starting to go, so i'm gonna have to get that checked sometime soon..

so that leaves me with the alternator, which i'll hopefully be able to pick up from a wreckers next weekend. i'd buy robst162's off him, but i dont wanna wait for it to arrive haha, i want it straight away!

also need new battery points, the current ones are pretty deteriorated.. totally unacceptable. can't even tighten them without thinking they're gonna snap right off!

STAGE 001 IS ALMOST COMPLETE!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: The ST162 White Pointer Project Sat, 29 May 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

well actually, rob has offered me one for a very generous price! if i remember the private message correctly, he has a couple sitting around and he doesn't see any reason why they wouldn't work. for the price he's offered one to me, i'd say it's a worthwhile risk! so i just gotta stuff some money into his account and await it's arrival down here in melbania!

lol, yeah dude whatever suites mate, it's here if you need it.

I think the alternator is similar/same across quite a few model toyotas??? so you should get one pretty cheap.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: The ST162 White Pointer Project Sat, 29 May 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I think that alternator is on just about anything, like Camry's (SV20? etc), Sleeka ST184s etc etc. Just check the part number. Anything on an S series engine will at least fit - hehe Smile
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: The ST162 White Pointer Project Sat, 29 May 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh nice one, cheers lads!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: The ST162 White Pointer Project Sat, 29 May 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did the alternator on my first celica, an '86 model.
very easy task, just one pointer watch out for the thermostat, i managed to knock the top off mine Razz toyota will charge you $120 for a new one, but if you glue it back on it will work as this is the option i took being tight for cash at the time hahaha
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: The ST162 White Pointer Project Tue, 01 June 2004 03:38 Go to previous message
hehe, thanks for the advice Very Happy

just been quoted 75 bucks for an alternator from Toyospares.. best price i've had so far, by about 50 bucks. i'll keep calling around, but toyospares are a good chance i'd say..

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Show my baby ECHO...
Next Topic:ViPeR's RA60 Celica
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 18:29:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060231685638428 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.