Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Cars instead of Sprinters?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 04:48 Go to next message
Hi all,

Can anyone suggest a car that has the potential to be quite quick, stylish, and has an abundance of performance parts available for it including engine/drive-line and body kits? I have been looking at the Sprinter, but they are seem to be hard to come by in good condition. My maximum spending is $8000 for the stock car. Also, parts must be reasonably abundant; not like the Sprinter! (A new blinker/light assembly for the AE86 cost my boss $250!!!! Ouch)

Any suggestions would be of extreme value.
  Send a private message to this user    
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nissan Silvia S13
Toyota MR2 AW11 S/C
Nissan R32 GTS-t
Nissan R31 GTS-x
Nissan Cefiro
Nissan DR30
Holden VL Turbo Twisted Evil

Sure there is more but thats off the top of my head.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blasphemous as it is, I think your best bet for that price is an S13.
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have heard that most S13's that are for sale, are thrashed and high-ish kms. Can I get a good one for under $8k? And preferably unmodified or few mods?
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you really want a cheap car Turbo with HEAPS of second hand upgrade parts available. Interchangable parts with other optioned same make and plenty of spares and CHEAP.

S13 silvia. CA18DET is the way to go.'

For a nice clean one with Rims, Lowered, Full Exhaust and S15 turbo. Your looking at $8k.

Many extra parts available. Engines are pretty good in them.. Good for 170rwkw. GTR injectors bolt in, S15 turbo bolts on with minor line mods, Coolers and piping are a dime a dozen, Exhausts are everywhere. Engines are cheap. Gearboxes are pretty strong. Some have factory R180 LSD but R200 bolts in with matching drive shafts. Front and rear disk brakes. Power everything.

Personally owned one. Won't ever buy one again. (and thats after saying all that hahahahaha). I now own a trueno coupe.

First car with ease of mods. S13 is cheapest and well. nicest.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cressida
ae864eva
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nissan s13

part so cheap/available you wound't believe. I got depress with the amount of part available for s13 compare to sprinter

The car in stock is quite good already.

It light
RWD
strong driveline
all electric (electric mirror/window)
more modern instrument..
SilyKa
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have u ever consider a toyota crown, better known as cressida in australia, u can pick one up with a 2JZ_FE or 1UZ_FE.

Year 1989
Make Toyota
Model Crown Royal Saloon
Transmission Auto
Kms 83000
Colour Grey
Price $5,200

1989 Toyota Crown Royal Saloon 3.0 litre petrol sedan
Automatic
83,070 kms
Grey over silver
All power options and airconditioning
Central locking
Factory alloy wheels
Radio / cassette player

or

Year 1989
Make Toyota
Model Crown
Transmission Auto
Kms 89000
Colour White
Price $6,400

1989 Toyota Crown Royal Saloon G, 4.0 litre V8
Automatic
89,000 kms
Pearl white two-tone
Full power options including:
TRC (traction control)
TEMS (Toyota Electronically Modulated Suspension)
Power front and rear seats
Power steering column
Digital dash
Cruise control
Airconditioning (aircon louvres swing electrically)
Driver's SRS airbag
Factory 16" alloys with good Yokohama radial tyres

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/

Supa luxury and a great basis to mod.
Quad cam V8 for $6,400.......yummy

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude I think you'll find the Crown was actually known as the Crown in Australia. This is an S chassis car. The Cressida/Chaser/Mark2 etc were an X chassis.

I have to admit that Crown did lookl ike a bit of a bargain though.

My vote for a good car for $8k is AW11 SC.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For 8k you could get a 4age/4agze ae82/92 corolla or an st162 celica.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AW11 - or an St165 Gt4 for toyota bang for bucks

outside of this - Silvias .. Dime a dozen - easy aftermarket parts and every importer has a pile of bolt ons for them
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nissan Silvia

the amount of parts avaliable are uncountable and not to mention rather cheap
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, say I bought an s13 Silvia. What kind of premiums do insurance companies slap on it? Confused It would be relatively high I would've thought due to the car being a 2 door Japanese sports car...
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any car that has mods is gonna bring a high insurance cost...

wack on forced induction onto that and ur boned...

2 doors and jap doesn't really play a part Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2004 09:08]

Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forget the s13 and go for a DR30 skyline!
those things are savage. when that FJ20 comes onto boost it will make you happy in the pants. the engine is tough as nails and i think they do a 15 second flat 1/4 mile.
they also aren't as common as the s13
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skylines not as common as s13's? Laughing Not over west mate, I see skylines absolutely everywhere, old and new. As for the Silvia I never see them around. Only every few months when I travel to Perth (even then there is one or 2). Don't know about Sydney, but its the complete opposite here.
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but skylines like this?

http://homepages.tig.com.au/~robs/kevspage.htm

Evil or Very Mad
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen one or two of these things around, although they are far less common than the newer skylines.
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bahahahahahahahaha @ CA18DET powered silvias.... dont bother if its not an sr20turbo. with 8k u could get ur ass down to the local damaged vehicle auctions..... with that amount u can pik up a damaged s14 and have money left over 2 do the repaires. A few cars ive seen in that past few weeks have varried from Nissan S14 200sx - $5000 front end damage, the damage was worth around $2000
Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-t - Worked off its nipples, stolen recovered went for $7800.
Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-t - Damaged sold for $6500, had minor rear quarter damage worth $800

alot of way cool modified cars go through auctions, mostly as busted numberjobs and stolen recovered. Ive purchased alot off cool cars from the auctions that were either damaged or stolen recovered and ive never had any major dramas. (most major drama was buying a stolen recovered GSR only to find the turbo was blow) but hey it was still worth it!!!
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A valid point, but if it has damage, then I will not risk my money on it as it may have more damage than meets the eye. Sure, It may be a cheap way to pick up a car, but will it ever be as safe again in another crash?
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's proven that the CA18 has more potential than an SR20

may i be so bold suggest a datsun 260z?

take the road less travelled... its got as much if not more potential than ae 86

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2004 11:39]

Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 01 June 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$250 for a parker? I have bought a couple new from toyota for less than $80. I also recentently sold one for $15...
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Tue, 08 June 2004 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could sell you my sprinter...

I'll consider selling the thing without the M4 and rear LSD for 8k. Got a spare T50, spare doors.. glass (all)... parkers.. hatch.. seat belts.. amongst other things.

James

cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Wed, 09 June 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are an absolute shitload of Silvias around the Perth and surrounding areas, just pic up an auto-trader or quokka. Skylines and Soarers are also in abundance.
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Wed, 09 June 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James: Are you selling it for parts or as a whole, because I'd be very interested in parts
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Fri, 11 June 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DR30 would be awesome to own.. If you can find a decent one. I know of one for sale now.. But requires complaine and reg.

CA18DET is a good engine. Not alot of people do them because the SR is available and already has more power.

In my opinion i would still do a CA18DET over the SR.. Not many around. Heaps of parts. And its still the engine teh car came with.

If you want bang for buck your best bet is a silvia without a doubt.

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Sat, 12 June 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any other car that isn't a spirnter! Razz
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Sun, 13 June 2004 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi cytribe...

I'd consider selling the parts if i sold the car.

cytribe wrote on Wed, 09 June 2004 10:08

James: Are you selling it for parts or as a whole, because I'd be very interested in parts

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Cars instead of Sprinters? Mon, 14 June 2004 15:26 Go to previous message
ever considered a gz/mz20/21 soarer?? they are the bomb!
but they wouldnt suit u if u think ae86 spare parts are expensive

as for $250 for a parker? even with wiring its only $150 retail
or like 95 for lens and body.....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what do ae85 truenos go for?
Next Topic:2005 new import rule ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 14:04:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14544105529785 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.