Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
HooN
Regular

May 2002
icon5.gif  WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Fri, 24 May 2002 09:31 Go to next message
Heyas,

As you all know im looking for a decent RWD car that can be had for 4k. I wass looking for a MA61, but the ones ive seen in this price bracket arent worth it imho.... so im widening my views so to speak. Id want the car to be RWD, EFI (or properly set up carbs), decent body (i.e no rust) and alright paint. I mean alright ass in every car fades.... just dont let it be chipped back to undercoat!

So if there are any 2 Door rollas with 2TGs, Sprinters with 4AGE (no gze, im too poor), T-18 with whatever that is efi, RA65 in good nick etc.....

Non toyotas: JA/JB Starions, S1-3 Rx7 13bs, Rx3/4s 13b, etc... im not too sure what else, and if anyone says VL turbo u better watch out...... Mad

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Fri, 24 May 2002 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about a vk sl? otherwise known as poverty pack.
joemor
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Wed, 05 June 2002 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might have a et turbo for sale, its fwd tho but itll be a fun car none the less, just had a search and destroy rust mission resprayed, reco engine ect ect ect.

joe
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Thu, 06 June 2002 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWD aint so bad with a little LFB
joemor
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Thu, 06 June 2002 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lfb?
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Fri, 07 June 2002 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LFB= Left Foot Braking. It is when you accelerate with the right foot, and use the left foot on the brake gently, which stops understeer, and gives you some oversteer when cornering. A bit like using the handbrake, but way more controllable. Though I don't know much about it, as I haven't driven much of FWD cars. If you want to know more, ask in one of the other forums.

@Hoon: I just bought a JA starion for a bit under $5000, with only 147000km's on it. Fun car to drive, though the JB might be a better get as it has a LSD (would be very useful in the wet and dirt). Anyway, it has leather interior, power windows, AC, much stiffer (and better) suspension than my old RA60, 4 wheel disc brakes. Easy to drive below the turbo if you want, and if you need more power and torque, there's plenty above 3k rpm. There's a few around for around $4000. One thing to keep in mind is that they are expensive for parts. From what I've seen, they seem to have WAYY less rust than the celica's and supra's of that age.

If you go to www.starion.cjb.net there's a few in the FOR SALE section of the forums (not the for sale section on the main site). I got reply's from 3 of the people there, and they sent me pics, and some of the cars looked very good.
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Fri, 07 June 2002 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vk?!? ill pretend i never saw that Razz
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Sun, 09 June 2002 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't you want a brown vk poverty pack with mag wheels? with the left foot braking thing, what happens if you have a manual or you only have one foot/leg?
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Thu, 13 June 2002 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just did a fuel economy test on my car, running premium unleaded, i'm gettin gbetter than 12L/100km, part fanging, part normal driving.

Maxdamage: there is a LFB thread in the General discussion, so ask there. But LFB was designed as a race technique, and race cars are manuals. You don't do it when you change gears (or you could if you heal and toed)
DriftR
Newcomer

June 2002

Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Thu, 13 June 2002 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starions arent a bad buy, but need a bit of cash to support it.
Eg,
DOor hinges themselves are over 300 bucks each
Owners manual from mitsu is $600
new head is over 1k if u can get one, parts are hard to find and when you find usually ppl charge alot cause they are rare..
i know Smile i owned one, gf just rebuilt hers and the front bar she got from me is worth a lot on its own. Smile

but best rwd turbo car for the money Smile

PS. Chris that starion site is one of best, i know cause i made it Very Happy
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Tue, 18 June 2002 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftr, im having problems registering on your sites forum. could u forward me any details of ur memberss that are willing to sell their beloved starion?

cheers
MathewWent
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Thu, 20 June 2002 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
please post more about the ET Turbo as i no someone who could be interested
RA23_Sean
Regular

May 2002

Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Thu, 20 June 2002 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are ET turbos actually any good? I noticed one coming up behind me pretty quick one arvo last week, floored it when it started getting close and it just couldn't catch me. Either they're slow (I was driving my 18R-C RA23, bigger carby, extractors, exhaust) or that dude had far too many subs in the back.
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Fri, 21 June 2002 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ETs are just hatch exas as far as i know. same 1.5 E15T engine, but ets have four wheel discs. As for how fast they are? pffft Razz
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Fri, 21 June 2002 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
l reckon Et's are shit as! no offence to any one who loves them but people think they are way better just cause its got a turbo, every ET l've dragged in my SSS pulsar l've beaten l dragged a fairly modified one to around 160ish and l just kept pulling away the top of every gear, afterwards when l chatted to the guy he said what have you bolted on that thing (the SSS) l said nuthin its just got a pod and exhaust, he didn't believe me l had to pop the hood to prove the thing was basically stock, then he came out with oh well l normal run more boost than this but blah blah blah, l'm not saying a SR20DE is lighting quick but it does the job against most unsuspectingly competitors, cant what till my 86 has similar/more power!!!! then again maybe its just tossers that cant drive Smile
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Mon, 01 July 2002 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok fellas/womenfolk,

Im now the PROUD owner of a 85 JB Starion hehehe hehehe hehehe

can anyone say budget vl buster?!??! heheheh

Anyway, this just means that this thread is now defunct, but if any melbournians still need a car, post it here if u like Smile

Cheers, and dont be mad cos im turbocharged Very Happy Very Happy

BTW i still have my RA23 and my TA22, so im still a Toyota fanatic through and through Smile
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB: decent 4k car in melb or nearby?? Tue, 16 July 2002 05:28 Go to previous message
Welcome to the club hoon.

check out this aussie forum for more info on starions : http://pub57.ezboard.com/bbishiboys
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB Cheap car in Perth under $3k
Next Topic:MA70 targa N/A $5200
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 07:41:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006227970123291 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.