Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
value of a 84 supra Tue, 01 June 2004 10:33 Go to next message
this may be the wrong section. not really sure, but someone may have an answer for me.

i have looked at an 84 model supra that haas been sitting in someones front yard for a couple of years and he said he'll sell it to me for about 4500. its an imported 5 speed with a 6ME in it. it only has about 190 k on it.
its in pretty good nic and has had the head just rebuilt. it has alot of extras, limo power windows/mirrors climate control etc. but i think its over priced. are these cars worth that much espescailly seeing that i'll have to pass a blue slip and put rego on it.????

thank for your help Roadrunner
  Send a private message to this user    
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: value of a 84 supra Tue, 01 June 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i paid about 4 grand for mine with a pretty well shagged 5me and a semi shitty auto but 4 new tyres(worth 900) and 6 months rego
i paid too much, well kind of...it in pretty good condition though with a little bit of rust starting to pop up now(more my fault than the previous owner Sad )
if its in good condition then it'd be worth it if registered...now sure how much hassle a blue slip is, how much do they cost?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: value of a 84 supra Tue, 01 June 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ask how many kms the 6m-ge has on it (as it's an engine conversion)
if it is in good nick, 4500 is about what you'll pay. blue slip is a minor issue usually.
if it's in sydney, I could help you out and take a look at it for you, check for rust in all the usual spots, tell-tale signs of accident repairs, etc

edit: except yu're not in syd
edit2: except you are

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2004 12:06]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: value of a 84 supra Tue, 01 June 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg, hornsby last time i checked was in sydney.

I paid $4500 for an unregistered rolling shell (no box and motor).

It was worth saving up for the better condition one. In the short term you will save $1000 buying a cheaper one, but will need to spend double fixing it up. I have no rust in the tailgate or the spare wheel well, which is unheard of!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: value of a 84 supra Tue, 01 June 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I paid $800 for my rolling shell Smile
only rust was in the tailgate, which was convenient, since I had a spare Smile
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: value of a 84 supra Tue, 01 June 2004 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, it depends on the overall condition of the car; $4500 could be a steal or a ripoff. The 6M-GE and 5-speed is certainly a major plus though; you wouldn't pay much less for a car like that unless it's basically shagged.
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: value of a 84 supra Wed, 02 June 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a 6ME. not a twin cam he told me.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: value of a 84 supra Wed, 02 June 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no such thing as a 6me dude!

Only single cam in mk2 supras was a 5me
twin cam in mk2 supras was a 5mge - these werent delivered to aus

[Updated on: Wed, 02 June 2004 08:50]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: value of a 84 supra Wed, 02 June 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where is this car in relation to you...i can come around and have a look at it if greg isnt free / can't be assed.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: value of a 84 supra Wed, 02 June 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup, no such thing as a 6m-e

if it's a 2.8L engine, it's a 5m-e or a 5m-ge (depending on sohc or dohc)
if it's a 3L dohc, it's either a 6m-ge or a 7m-ge

if it's the 5m-e, for $4500 with no reg requiring blue slip, you'd want it in excellent condition.
if it's the 6m-ge and in good condition, $4500 is a pretty good price
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: value of a 84 supra Wed, 02 June 2004 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and both of you got them from me. Very Happy (Ray got your one of me Greg its the one i got from newcastle for 1G ps cheers again for the interior Very Happy)
however both Gregs and Glens body shells have the least rust of any two shells i have seen except that crazy red one at kellyville, and believe it or not both have less than rays blue one which after careful inspection is full of freakin rust! Mad
now to the question at hand.....

A clean rust free MA61 in rippin condition is worth up to $12500
I have paid close to $8000 for two of the past ones. Blacksupra is absolutely corect, if it has alot of rust and acco damage stay away, repairs cost too damn much. However $4500 is a sweet price if its in good nick. There is a chance that if its a 6MGE its one of the rare american imports I have only so far seen one of these it was at a wrecker at cambeltown. manual cars always bring a good dollar too. If its a jap import without the flares thats had a conversion its not worth as much as the aus delivered model that came with flares. Anyway if its sweet buy it, the offers from Draven and Blacksupra to check it out for you are good, it takes a supra enthusiast to know where the worst hidden rust can be in these things. Good luck!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: value of a 84 supra Wed, 02 June 2004 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where are you mike?
I heard a rumour you've gone exploring far away places?
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: value of a 84 supra Wed, 02 June 2004 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JAZE wrote on Thu, 03 June 2004 06:52

and believe it or not both have less than rays blue one which after careful inspection is full of freakin rust!

i hear that Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Wed, 02 June 2004 23:01]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: value of a 84 supra Wed, 02 June 2004 23:11 Go to previous message
Mike is in Finland.

That counts as being far away.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:All AE86 Owners > Info Needed.
Next Topic:MY rare car...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:44:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068409442901611 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.