Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Window Scratches from rollers (early model celicas)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Window Scratches from rollers (early model celicas) Tue, 01 June 2004 15:03 Go to next message
I have my ra40, and i also have many door windows that have scratches runnging right up them where the window rollers rubbers have worn out. Does anyone know of a way you can recondtion the windows? get the scratched out before tinting?
Thanx
Steve
  Send a private message to this user    
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Window Scratches from rollers (early model celicas) Wed, 02 June 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think u can..can u like run ur finger across it and feel the scratch if so then the only way to fix it is to get new windows..happened to my mums pajero's front windscreen from the wiper thing..we tryed everything but nothing worked
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Window Scratches from rollers (early model celicas) Wed, 02 June 2004 12:53 Go to previous message
You can. You can get the window re-surfaced.
The reason you can see a scratch is because if you look at the scratch real close up, you will the scratch with rough edges along it. When the light hits the rough bits (which protrude further than the window surface) it refracts at all angles.

If you get the window resurfaced, it removes the protruding rough part of the scratch, and you cant see it anymore. Its still there but you just cant see it (unless you REALLY look closely).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:chemiweld!!
Next Topic:Water injection , Thoughts , experience , setups ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 18:59:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047428607940674 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.