Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Using TA22 door trims in a RA23

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Pube
Regular

May 2002
icon5.gif  Using TA22 door trims in a RA23 Mon, 31 May 2004 08:44 Go to next message
Ive read that doors from a TA22 fit RA23. I want to stick to the old skool look and looking at getting reproduction door trims but have only found that TA22 trims are available (maybe RA23 are available too???).

Only owned a RA23 and never looked inside a TA22, do the door trims differ much or is the pattern even the same??

Any info would be appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: Using TA22 door trims in a RA23 Mon, 31 May 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all pre 76 (77?) use the same door's, the only difference between any of them is that some of them have side intrusion beams. TA22 door skins will go straight on to your car, in fact any TA22 interior except the dash should be sweet. besides the dash the main difference between TA22's and TA23's is all forward of the firewall (excluding the early TA22's with the floor mounted fuel tank)

cheers
Matt
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Using TA22 door trims in a RA23 Mon, 31 May 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The door trims and rear quarter trims will swap no worries. It isn't just the dashthat is different tho. The Kick oanels and sill trim panels do not interchange. Neither do the front seat runners. (seats will if you swap the runners)

Centre console sections are very different and front seat belts require the backing plates to be swapped to interchange them.

Hope that helps.
Pube
Regular

May 2002
Re: Using TA22 door trims in a RA23 Tue, 01 June 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool, thanks for the info. Do you know if the TA22 trims look any different to the RA23 trims, not that im really concerned more just interested.

thanks.
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: Using TA22 door trims in a RA23 Wed, 02 June 2004 03:01 Go to previous message
i replaced the doors on my ra23 with ta22 ones, the trims were identical
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hilux bearing seals?
Next Topic:ignition switch
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 22 20:13:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046098232269287 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.