Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Rear speakers AE92 seca Wed, 02 June 2004 08:49 Go to next message
Rear trim of AE92/94 seca. Is there heaps to remove to get to the speakers. The whole think is a molded piece it looks like. Has it taken people a long time to take out the trim Rolling Eyes

Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 02 June 2004 10:24]

Send a private message to this user    
Zer0
Occasional Poster

April 2004

Re: Rear speakers AE92 seca Wed, 02 June 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in my ae82 it didnt take long at all to remove the only prob i had was clearence for the back of the speakers with the body of the car
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Rear speakers AE92 seca Wed, 02 June 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got an ae82 seca..the speakers are visible without removing trim but this ae92 seca has trim right around them Confused ..not sure what the ae82 sedean is like..thanks ZEro
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Rear speakers AE92 seca Wed, 02 June 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To take out the trim;

Bend down the rear seats & you should see two screws near the top of each side panel. Remove these screws and slide out the top panels (where the parcel shelf goes).

Remove all the black circular pins holding the interior. First remove the bit of plastic trim around the boot lock, then you can take out either side.

To remove the side pieces you'll need to take out the rear seat backrests and unscrew the seabelts, as the plastic is moulded around these bolts. There are also a couple of screws near the top of each side to watch out for...

I'm not sure how your speakers are postitioned (since mine were fitted in the parcel shelf) but you might be able to access them without having to completely remove the sides, since they slide out a fair way.

The first time I did it took me around an hour, now it takes around 20 minutes or so. If you have any further queries just ask...

HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Rear speakers AE92 seca Wed, 02 June 2004 11:13 Go to previous message
Thanks Conquest!

Quote:

Bend down the rear seats & you should see two screws near the top of each side panel. Remove these screws and slide out the top panels (where the parcel shelf goes).

This might be all I need to do. The speakers are just in the top, One of them is blown (and other sounds like shit) so just need to put a couple of new ones in. I think they are 6 by 4s Razz

Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Water injection , Thoughts , experience , setups ?
Next Topic:Shortening RA60 struts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 08:12:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041661262512207 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.