Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Imports! Your thoughts, experience, information?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dimsum
Regular

May 2004
Imports! Your thoughts, experience, information? Wed, 02 June 2004 11:40 Go to next message
I'll be finshed school soon...so i'm gonna work full time for awhile to buy a car.
I've been looking at imports and asking myself 'is it worth it?...is it cheaper? worth the trouble?'
I would like to gather abit of info before i do anything so any helpful input would be greatly appeciated.

I was looking at this site, the cars are so cheap!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/jverban//
Anybody dealt with them before???

this is wut i'm thinking.
1989 NISSAN 180SX turbo 5 spd 82,000 black ($6900uncomplied)
+shipping (?)
+tax(?)
+complience (i have a workshop i can go to)

Any info would be helpful!!!!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Imports! Your thoughts, experience, information? Wed, 02 June 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to give you an idea

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=32381&rid=964&S=fa5136fb63e9be551eaaee67 503a5286&pl_view=&start=0#msg_283963
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Imports! Your thoughts, experience, information? Fri, 04 June 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rules have changed since 30 April, Dept of Heritage and Environment got involved and you'll need clearance in english of the type of A/C gas approved BEFORE it gets here ie get it removed, changed or a cert saying it's R134a.... Real prick. And if it does get here, don't expect to get it off the wharves without.... this was done to cut the imports down and effects ALL cars... My FX-GT has sat in quarratine for the past month due to this and I bought it over there on the 25 April... complete B&^%!@$t I've gone through.... but I do pick it up sometime today Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
dimsum
Regular

May 2004
Re: Imports! Your thoughts, experience, information? Sat, 12 June 2004 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thankz guys, helped alot!
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: Imports! Your thoughts, experience, information? Thu, 17 June 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a look at PRESTIGEMOTORSPORT.COM.AU Very Happy He has good articles and is more than happy to have a chat to you to see what your after and whats availiable. Also there is an import cost calculator which will give you a good idea on import costs and duty's to be paid.

Cheers

Jeff
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Imports! Your thoughts, experience, information? Fri, 18 June 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd strongly suggest you look into insurance before you buy an import as your first car out of school.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Imports! Your thoughts, experience, information? Tue, 22 June 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I second that. Insurance will be nightmare on an imported car, esp turbo. It could cost you more to insure it over a few years than you paid for the car.

Australian delivered still carries a lot of weight in the Insurance business - for example the guy who bought my ma70 (australian delivered) with 1jz conversion actually pays less to insure it (as a modified car) than he was paying for his much less powerful but grey import Ga70 (1g-gte).

Why waste so much money just to get the car you want but don't need.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Imports! Your thoughts, experience, information? Fri, 09 July 2004 19:39 Go to previous message
remember information provided by import web sites is shonky. They want you to use them as the middleman so they will tell you that it is far to difficult to import yourself.

It is easy to import a 15YO+ car. Just do some research. DO NOT PAY SOMEONE HEAPS to do a little bit of running around for you.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FREE HEAD JOB
Next Topic:Engine Bay Colour
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:59:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049271583557129 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.