Toymods » Members Rides » Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

icon6.gif  Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Thu, 03 June 2004 04:28 Go to next message
Greetings all,

Just wandering through the Toymods forums announcing myself and figured i should drop a post in here.

Just recently picked up my IS200, manual, Sports pack (with a 1G-FE? Laughing)

The handling's awesome though, 6 speed manual, and plans are afoot for fixing the engine problem...
http://tinyurl.com/385wr

Spose i should include a pic here also!

http://www.altezzaclub.org.au/forumimages/TBird2.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 18 May 2005 13:22]

Send a private message to this user    
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Thu, 03 June 2004 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no1 else has done it so i will,
thats a nice car buddy !!!

steve
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Thu, 03 June 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, thanks man!

I just like the combination of 4 door sedan with sport car handling. All the cars i have liked had 2 doors and awesome handling, so it's nice to have the same with 4 doors!

And it's fun to drive - the main thing! Even despite the lump of an engine in front - but i'll fix that down the track!

Hopefully i'll be on the Sydney - Wollongong run on Saturday, so come along so i can see that Celica of yours. She looks nice! Always enjoyed Celica's, another fun car to drive. Have only driven the current Celica, and Mum had the small Celica with the Camry 4cylinder at one stage (the one with the beady headlights..... showing my ignorance of Celica chassis numbers here!)

Matt
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Fri, 04 June 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude thats a real nice car you heaps lucky to have that need to lower it and make the car wider that looks heaps mad
cheers matt
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Fri, 04 June 2004 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Consider it done!

(Getting Eibach's installed this Thursday!)
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Sat, 05 June 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats pretty shmick
i'm not really a fan of four doors, or newer cars...but i could dig this as a daily Smile

looks the part, and i dare say if you go through with an engine conversion(as per your thread in tech section) it'd be awesome Very Happy
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Sat, 05 June 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, it's mah daily runner.

I love older cars too, particularly "done up" ones which have had a lot of TLC... the Toymods Club appears to stand alone in this regard, as both a 'older' car club and a performance car club!

And Jap cars to boot!! Gotta love that! I'll never forget the first time i drove a Cressida, i'd never been in a car that had such a 'creamy' power deliver and smooth auto box with good handling. Luxury sports, for it's day anyhow.

Ideally, i must confess, my ultimate garage will also include, down the track, an MX5 - NA tuned or turbo'd 1.6lt, for weekend track/touge work. Those things are the most fun i've ever had on 4 wheels!

I would also love to have an 'old skool' Chaser to though... how awesome does this thing look? Sleepers rule!

http://www.bytesized.com.au/car/Chaser-JZX81-1.jpg

http://www.bytesized.com.au/car/Chaser-JZX81-2.jpg
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Sun, 06 June 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my ultimate garage will include an aston martin DB4GT Zagato

http://www.seriouswheels.com/images/1960-Aston-Martin-DB4GT-Zagato.jpg

i got serious wood over this car

anywho
dont mean to hijack your thread
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Sun, 06 June 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, it's all good, it's car talk!

My dream garage just got a new entrant at the top today - on the cruise through the National Park i met a guy with what is possibly the ultimate Toymod ride... and he gave me a run in it! 540kg with a 1600cc 20V Toyo motor in front. AWESOME!

http://www.bytesized.com.au/car/PRB2.jpg
eevee
Regular

November 2002
Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Sun, 06 June 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice! Is that an Elfin? They had a segment on them on the car show yesterday. Pretty sweet, you can get them as a kit or a turnkey package. http://www.elfin.com.au/
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Mon, 07 June 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, basically the same thing though - it's a PRB Clubman. 4AGE powered, 4 wheel discs and standard suspension set on the softest setting. The guy was telling me you can get uprated Koni adjustables, turbo kits, and alot of guys remove the rev limiter. But it was unbelievably quick already!
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Thu, 10 June 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Sun, 06 June 2004 19:18

my ultimate garage will include an aston martin DB4GT Zagato

http://www.seriouswheels.com/images/1960-Aston-Martin-DB4GT-Zagato.jpg

i got serious wood over this car

anywho
dont mean to hijack your thread

I think that deserves the title thunderbird 2!
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Thu, 10 June 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Defintiely, but it has to be green

(British RACING Green, no less)

Then it would be simply smashing, ol chaps!
TUB-11Y
Regular

February 2003

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Thu, 10 June 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very classy ride
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Thu, 10 June 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks man!

Although most people say that because of the "L" badging. I plan to remove the Lexus badges.
Let's be serious - It's an Altezza! Which sounds cooler.

Say - that ride of yours is rather classy too! I was checking out your Chaser last night actually, they are so rare. Love the number plate too, awesome! Did you import it yourself, or did you find it after it came over?

Maybe we should start another sub-group.... do i hear submissions for the "Classy Club"?? Cool

matt

[Updated on: Thu, 10 June 2004 08:38]

Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Wed, 18 May 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Small update: TRD coilovers and sways went in today.
They are purple.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 May 2005 13:15]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Thu, 19 May 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cooool Cool

I'm a big fan of these cars.... They look great!

How's the 1G-FE go anyway? Doesn't seem you're much of a fan Razz but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Let us know how the coilovers feel!
Laughing
Cheers
James
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Thu, 19 May 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 1GFE is okaaay. In that it sounds ok, revs ok. But nothing really HAPPENS! You can feel a mild change over at 5000rpm, but nothing dramatic happens even then. Partly, the problem is the low power output (118kw i believe?) and partly is the fact that it has to pull a 1300+ kg car around.
Once you get it going it's okay though, but this is more to do with the chassis. Thanks to the 6 speed, you can row it along and have a reasonable amount of fun! The RS200 with the 3SGE is a wholly better package when partnered with the 6 speed - had a run in one last night actually. Otherwise, the best option is the TTE Supercharger, which takes the 1GFE from lethargic to fun fun fun!
Will report on the coilovers in a few days. Initial impressions are very favourable - stock ride quality, much better handling.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 May 2005 03:12]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Thu, 19 May 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thunderbird2 wrote on Thu, 19 May 2005 13:12

Partly, the problem is the low power output (118kw i believe?) and partly is the fact that it has to pull a 1300+ kg car around.
Once you get it going it's okay though,

hmmm, I know the feeling.

I've got a soarer with a 1G-GTE in it... and it's only 159kw according to the specs of the engine. In a car over 1300kg and with a autotragic transmission... I know what you mean about sluggish.

But you're exactly right though, once they get going theyre great.

The supercharger will make it a much more fun car, no doubt about it. Provide the low down power mine lacks at the moment, hehe
EGG80X
Regular

March 2004
Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Thu, 19 May 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Love the mean green machine Matt!!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Sun, 22 May 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice clean car there dude!

*chants* 1JZ! 1JZ! 1JZ! 1JZ! 1JZ!
brodiepearce
Regular

February 2005

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Sun, 22 May 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Surprised thisll be sweet seeing what you do to this Evil or Very Mad mwuaahahahahahaha,, nice car
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Sat, 27 August 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Medium update:

Out with the (not very) old, and in with the new: TRD SUS KIT!!!

http://www.altezzaclub.org.au/forumimages/trdcoils.jpg

Why oh why didn't i do this in the first place? (Don't ask!)

[Updated on: Sat, 27 August 2005 11:12]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Fri, 07 October 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw this at toyotafest, very nice Cool , keep up the good work.
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Fri, 07 October 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks! Right back atcha! The tidiest Camry i've ever seen. Not to mention, great to see someone doing something different car-wise.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2005 01:51]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Matt's IS200 aka ThunderBird 2 Fri, 07 October 2005 02:23 Go to previous message
Thanks Smile, I understand what they mean by "Endless persuit of perfection", i drove a is200 the smoothest and comfortable car i have driven, i even prefer it over the gs300 for ride quality. Looks like shane-1j-is is coming to the Toymods megacruise, hope to see you and other altezza club owners there Very Happy .
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Yian's MA61 (56k warning)
Next Topic:my SV21camry with St205 GT4 motor
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:47:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011883020401001 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.