Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » what early model toyotas have digi dashes???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Fri, 04 June 2004 10:02 Go to next message
as the subject says. Prefer to find one that runs the speedo but a cable but no nessecary. Im after a early model cars like ma61 etc and just wanna know what else has them.
  Send a private message to this user    
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Fri, 04 June 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some AE86's had a digi dash methinks
soarers
umm
thats all i can think of at the moment
been up since 4;30 this morning
thats such an unnatural time to be waking up(going to sleep then...i can handle)
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Fri, 04 June 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you don't want to stay toyota (unlikely I know), I recall that some early ford telstar TX5's had digi tachos/dash (I think the rest of the dash was digital but I cant remember).

Cheers
Wilbo
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Fri, 04 June 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra60 equiv with the 3tgteu sometimes had digi dash, as did some ma70's.

fugly things

T
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Fri, 04 June 2004 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
130 series Crowns. Lots of 1UZ halfcuts going with these dashes in them.
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sat, 05 June 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some of the early-mid 80's Coronas did Smile
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sat, 05 June 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some of the falcons in the mid 80's (xf i think) had digi clusters similar to the ae86 ones.

Cheers

Steve
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sat, 05 June 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
XF definitely had the 'star wars' dash. a mate recently ripped his out to go back to the non-shiny one.. i'm sure he has specs on it..

early? early? ha! Wink my toyota barely has plastic Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 05 June 2004 07:14]

jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sat, 05 June 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
84 corona st141 olympic model did i think i got one from them and stuck it in my corona Smile
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sat, 05 June 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
XE/XF Fairmont Ghia/Fairlane - damn, the CLASS Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool - what else can I say???

VK Calais, a limited few of them
Jap cars, there were many of them...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sat, 05 June 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Digital dash's shit me to tears. I thought it was cool for the first week or so, but once the novelty wears off it's just a wanky, too-bright, difficult-to-read pile of 80's gimmickery. Give me a plain old analog dial any day!
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sat, 05 June 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone got one they wanna sell me cheaply. id be after the speedo cog in the gearbox also. Would prefer something smallish and not the xf one.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sat, 05 June 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw a MA61 for sale today with a digial dash...
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sat, 05 June 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i think the ma61 is what i will try to find but just gonna be a battle to find one
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sat, 05 June 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i found one Razz

just a matter of getting to it Rolling Eyes
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sat, 05 June 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Sat, 05 June 2004 21:33

Digital dash's shit me to tears. I thought it was cool for the first week or so, but once the novelty wears off it's just a wanky, too-bright, difficult-to-read pile of 80's gimmickery. Give me a plain old analog dial any day!

i couldnt disagree more.
i think its cool, besides ma61 dashes arent' really hard to read...
gimmickery...given, just like inflatable seats Laughing

[Updated on: Sat, 05 June 2004 12:53]

jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sat, 05 June 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think digi dashes are cool but the only problem i hate about mine is that the speedo numbers sometimes jump back and forward from like 67 to 72
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sun, 06 June 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, mine does that too... just one of the reasons it shits me.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sun, 06 June 2004 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spray some chain lube down the cable
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: what early model toyotas have digi dashes??? Sun, 06 June 2004 09:31 Go to previous message
Overseas ST162's had digi-dashes from 1986 I think. There was someone on this forum trying to sell one not long ago - I can't find the thread tho.

It looked kinda cool, the tacho came up in a circle around the speed readout (there's a diagram in the owners manual). Very star wars-ish!

[edit]
Found the thread - search for 'st162 dash' and a few different threads will come up. It's cable driven too.

Pic here: Devil Rolla's eBay Auction

[Updated on: Sun, 06 June 2004 10:15]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Copper head gaskets
Next Topic:AW11 Suspension Problems
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 13:19:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070388317108154 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.