Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What would you buy with $10k-$12k?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Timmy Turbo
Regular

August 2003
What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Fri, 04 June 2004 03:59 Go to next message
Ok folks,
I'm in the market for a 'new' car. I've got around $10-$12 grand to spend, and I'm just wondering what you would suggest? I've got a few ideas in mind, the main one being a Toyota Celsior, these can be imported for around that price range.

Basically, my criteria are new(ish) (I don't want a 1970's car), I would like the mod cons, ie a/c, pwr str, elec everything, sunroof. I'm looking for something fairly luxurious, with a fair bit of power behind it (doesn't need to be stupid fast though). Doesn't 'necessarily' need to be Toyota, but preferred, I've also been looking at something in the Skyline or 300ZX range, but not a huge fan of them.
Thanks for your help,
Cheers,
Tim
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Fri, 04 June 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all I can say is that if you are after a 15 year old import make sure you know all the laws regarding importing them first and make sure they don't change the laws while you are in the import process.

This is the single reason why my parents are hesitant about buying a Celsior.

BTW my vote is for the Celsior! Smile
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Fri, 04 June 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree, Celsior's rule. Make sure you get a black one, slammed, and with 19" chromies. Very Happy
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Fri, 04 June 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celsior!
Timmy Turbo
Regular

August 2003
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Fri, 04 June 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woah, quick replies! The only thing I'm worried about is imorting a car. It seems to be a hell of a lot of stuffing around, going through red tape, and it doesn't seem 100%, almost like a gamble, I don't want to spend $10k on a car, then realise I can't road register it! Maybe if I leave it till the end of the year, there will already be some imported ones for sale here...
Cheers,
Tim
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Fri, 04 June 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.iinet.net.au/~athird/forsale/

Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Fri, 04 June 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you are not on the prestige motorsport mailing list, go and get on it as there is heaps of info. there. I don't even want to buy a car but I am on the list just to see what is going around the place Smile
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Fri, 04 June 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm...$10-12K. I'd go the mr2 ma40 Confused i think it was. The really nice babe of a car Razz
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Fri, 04 June 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rs liberty?
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Fri, 04 June 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigg willie style wrote on Fri, 04 June 2004 20:40

rs liberty?

i'd rather a B4 liberty...but you wont get one for 12 grand unfortunately Razz

but yeah
celsior Wink

[Updated on: Fri, 04 June 2004 10:46]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Fri, 04 June 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can do alot with 12 grand.. id probably go a new soarer if it was me
they are nice.. got alot of poke with a 1jz.. not quite as cool as a celsior thoguh
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Fri, 04 June 2004 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Fri, 04 June 2004 19:23

Hmmmm...$10-12K. I'd go the mr2 ma40 Confused i think it was. The really nice babe of a car Razz

ahhh... u mean mr2 aw11?! yeah! doesnt have power steering but its small enough not to need it! can get them in targa top/sunroof too!
celsiors semm pretty pimpin, but i havent really seen much of them too judge really
Timmy Turbo
Regular

August 2003
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Fri, 04 June 2004 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't really want a MR2, as I've had a mid-engine 2 seater for the past few years, its time for a car that I can take more than 1 person in! I was thinking about the Liberty's, but the ones I like are the most recent ones, and they're way too expensive. Any other thoughts? Something luxurious? ...mmm, leather. Smile
Cheers,
Tim
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Fri, 04 June 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8 calais??? Laughing
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Sat, 05 June 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Import supra, leather, digi-dash, aircon, targa top, power windows. 7MGTE with plenty of options down the track.??
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Sat, 05 June 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would either buy a motorbike or consider a project car.

But that's just me.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Sat, 05 June 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ma70 or locally delivered st185 Gt4

Both have all the mod cons and a good whallop of power behind them ..

Plus both look uner sweet AND were local models so theres no problems insuring them

Outside of that, you start looking at Cressida grande's and stuff for luxury.

( this is for toyota only )

12K could also get you a Fairmont Ghia V8, or an early Xr6/xr8 , or a similarly specced holden

pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Sat, 05 June 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chaser! i dont think you could get one for that though

i'd say if your looking for luxury then go for the celsior over the soarer, just have something a bit different
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Sat, 05 June 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pjaw11sc wrote on Sat, 05 June 2004 01:00

dimmy77_03 wrote on Fri, 04 June 2004 19:23

ahhh... u mean mr2 aw11?! yeah!

Thats the one Razz Thanx

Dont know too much about mr2's
1jzen
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Sun, 06 June 2004 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soarer. i got one 2 months ago. absolutely love it. still trying to sell my XR6 but it is worth having 2 cars to drive this baby around all day long. it's a 1J with 80,000k's. got it for only $14K on ebay - could get 1 a bit cheaper with a few more kays - check out your local trading post
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Mon, 07 June 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
80s century black with grey velour/leather
dropped
chromies
milo tin zorsts
black mirror tint
Timmy Turbo
Regular

August 2003
Re: What would you buy with $10k-$12k? Wed, 09 June 2004 14:21 Go to previous message
Thanks for all the input guys, it's given me something to think about. I've been considering Supras and Soarers, as well as a Celsior, but the Celsior seems to be a little different to the other 2, a little rarer as well, it might make a better investment! Can anyone direct me towards importing laws and regulations?
Cheers,
Tim
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1jz Fuel cut?.. i think mines doing it..are these the symptoms?
Next Topic:Do the Police actually do anything useful?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 13:46:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070681571960449 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.