Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » AW11 Project car of wiso's... Project OVER... Written off... Again

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
icon9.gif  AW11 Project car of wiso's... Project OVER... Written off... Again Sat, 05 June 2004 06:30 Go to next message
Hey guys, I got a new car, I plan for it to be my project for a little while, until I have it fully on the road then it will replace my celica as a daily.

I got the car for $1000 with some front (and a bit of rear) damage (as seen in the photos) I know I can fix it, all I need is patience, bog, and a nose cut Smile rescued from a chick who hit a tree Surprised Laughing

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_784.jpg

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_783.jpg

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_787.jpg

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_786.jpg

it has a pretty filthy engine bay, haven't cleand it yet this Is how I bought it

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_790.jpg

But it has real good condition interior appart from once again dirty

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_789.jpg

It will be a bit of work but I have good hopes for this car.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 01:15]

Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Sat, 05 June 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is actually a bit of info and parts I am gonna need to get this car through rego.

one: the previous owner looks like she cut the springs, (goddam it why do people do this) so I was wonderign never actually driven one of these cars how do they handle, I would like a set of standard springs, or would I be best to go say king springs standard height (I do want to keep it standard height).

So to get it through rego I am gonna need a few things does anyone have any of the following they will be willing to part with:

Wanted to buy:

Got most parts now thanks people

J

[Updated on: Thu, 08 July 2004 07:13]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Sat, 05 June 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just get some fresh standard height springs from kings

These cars are unbeleivable fun! They handle quite well, alot better than the celica would Wink
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Sat, 05 June 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i concur with blacksupra
i recently test drove(read: gave an absolute flogging to) an aw11 with 4agze
the thing fanged, quite zippy, a tad hard to get the arse end out...but give it enough and you'll get there Evil or Very Mad
my only gripe was the interior being too small(i only just fit in...and my knees could almost see the top of the steering wheel Sad )

but yeah
good luck with the restoration
and boo to cut springs, thems the evil!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Sat, 05 June 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bummer I just had a look at the king springs website, they don't even make standard heigth replacment springs for this car, So I deffinatley need a set of original springs.

Yeah I know what you mean a bit small, I am a pretty big guy but I can fit in it comfortably.
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Sat, 05 June 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was the chick a slob?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Sat, 05 June 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno I never met her, I delt with her father.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Sun, 06 June 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck with the project dood!
Good price too..

tho the first thing I would do is rip off that ugly rear wing! Whats the deal with that!! Confused It looks like a Lancer wing or something?? Certainly doesn't go with the car..
A little aluminium t-wing or something would look good.. but I'm sure this is the last of your worries at the moment!! hehe

Once again - good luck - will be good to see the end product!

DAMO
TRD 83
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Sun, 06 June 2004 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck me wiso, i test drove 1 of these things, and my knees where so high up it i couldnt turn it, how the hell can u do it man, ur taller than me !!!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Mon, 07 June 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe yeah I dunno about the wing. An aluminium T wing may be worse, I already have a friend who wants to make me stikers saying "Shopping trolley drift co." Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah pretty crazy but I can fit well enough to drive it, I dunno just my luck.

edit spelling

[Updated on: Mon, 07 June 2004 02:38]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Mon, 07 June 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Sat, 05 June 2004 18:33

bummer I just had a look at the king springs website, they don't even make standard heigth replacment springs for this car, So I deffinatley need a set of original springs.

If you go to a decent suspension place that deals with king springs, they can arrange to have the springs made to suit at no extra cost.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Sat, 12 June 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update:

I finally had time to test the engine today, it runs nice and smooth, took a while for it to start, my dad was like test for spark, check leads, but luckily I wanted to check the fuses first, EFI fuse was blown Laughing

The only thing with it is it blown a bit of white smoke, I know, I thought this usually means head gasket gone, but I did the bubble test its fine, and the oil is nice and smooth, not mixing with water. So I dunno, I hopes its just burning off old oil and shit cause it's been sitting untouched for 18months.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Sat, 12 June 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jealous man.. Sad Very Happy

even though i cant finish work on the one i got, i would still love another (and another) aw11 in my yard to play with.. Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Tue, 15 June 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
progress: fixed the back end of the car, looks nice and smooth, proably not 100% but damn close

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_791.jpg

and now the fun begins, my nose cut arrived toady

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_792.jpg

unfortunatly it doesn't have the front skirt on it, so if anyone knows of one of these or has one, I will be looking.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 June 2004 05:20]

Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Wed, 23 June 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a bargin... Bastard!
Quote:

was the chick a slob?

By the looks of it... propably had drool hanging from the left side of her mouth, that's the only explaination I can come up with by sticking that crappy wing on the rear!! Confused
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Thu, 08 July 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hooray most of the body work is finished, she is starting to get her shape back, all I need to do is stick the bumper on and make some sort of custom front skirt as I cant afford a new one from my good mate at toyota, and can't find one anywhere else Sad

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_828.jpg

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_829.jpg

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_830.jpg

Next step is to start pulling apart the engine I plan to do a minor rebiuld, Head gasket, valves, rings, you know things that will go wrong soon.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 July 2004 07:09]

3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Thu, 08 July 2004 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks good man!!!!!

Maybe u shoudl doa 3s-gte conversion u then have the under streering barstard (the gt2 celica) then the drifting trolly (MR2-T), lol

Nezza Cool
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Wed, 01 September 2004 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great work,

Its coming along very well, how much have u put into it so far, looks like it will end up being a very good score.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Thu, 02 September 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so far, put a bit more in than I originally wanted to, I was told the engine was good and ran well, which is what made the car a bargin, but in actual fact the rings were fried, and there had been something major in cylinder 1 and 4, cause the pistons were all damaged on top, the tvis butterfly plates were bent and loose Confused , so I don't know what the hell she did to it.

So after my original estimate of $3000 on the road, it is now like $4000 or more, after the engine rebuild, still good for an AW11 though.

Have the body looking pretty sweet

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_888.jpg

and the engine fully rebuilt and ready to go back in

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_885.jpg

I am just gonna rego it and run it for a while with the paint like it is and when I get time, full respray, in original red.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Thu, 02 September 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like your work man! Wish I had, both the time and knowlege to do that! Props!
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Fri, 03 September 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 15:37

so I don't know what the hell she did to it.

thats the problem right there Laughing
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Fri, 03 September 2004 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW nice work you're a legend!

Rip the wing off and bog up the holes. They look tough wingless!

[Updated on: Fri, 03 September 2004 17:36]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Fri, 03 September 2004 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats coming along sweet man. good stuff. Smile

i just noticed that it has the same set of rims as the 1st set i bought for the feral back in '95.

where did you get the new bonnet from? and how many $$ if you dont mind me asking..
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Mon, 06 September 2004 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2, nah I dunno that wing is actually starting to grow on me, I guess thats what happens when you see it everyday, so I think I'll leave it for the moment.

Yeah I was gonna get a set of yellow/gold 15" but the guy wouldn't come to a reasonable price so $10 later I fixed the one that was flat and they actually suite the car so well.

The bonnet I got from SSS in sydney, for $100, they had this one and a black one, I got this one cause it was dead straight and had the emblem, the black one had a very minor focused dent and no badge.

some nice deals with the car, has a nice 2" system with extractors. K-mac front and rear swaybars, and unknown brand stiffer front and rear supercharged aw11 springs.

I am soo excited to drive it, can't wait. I just need a new windscreen and in 3 weeks tops she'll be running around Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Tue, 07 September 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel!

what an awesome job you have done mate.. looks awesome! You have done an amazing job.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh! Smile

even tho' it ain't a 162 Razz
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Tue, 07 September 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't believe how quickly you put this altogether! Good work, it's looking sweet!

Did you do the engine rebuild yourself?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Tue, 07 September 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob yeah man there will be plenty of time for that, It has come time to get rid of the 162, the days of fwd are gonna be gone,

FWDboy yeah rebuilt it myself, got the cylinders honed, crank ground, oversized bearings, head checked for pressure, new stem seals, it was a very patient exercise, new clutch, new belts, shes all sweet, the rebuild costed a total of $900, not too shabby since it will now last a long time.

Hey hows that GT4 of yours going?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Tue, 07 September 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah - the GT4 is going through the road transport authority place tomorrow so hopefully it'll be in my posession either late tomorrow or early thursday if everything goes well. Just freaking out about money a bit atm Smile

Did you replace any other bearings aside from the big-end ones?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Tue, 07 September 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man I did everything, bigends, mains, thrust bearings, mains are oversized cause they had to grind the crank there, with the rest of it just got honed, new rings, shaved block and head.

were always freaking about money
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Thu, 16 September 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HOORAY

Finally finished, well pretty much, got the engine in, shes ready for rego, pretty much, took her for a few spins around the block and damn she feels good

Finished my custom skirt I made using an old ST162 skirt. What do you think?

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_891.jpg

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/aw11/aw11_894.jpg
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Thu, 16 September 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few other things, if any of you guys are involved in the MR2 owners club of Aust. and subscribe to their mag 10/tenths, keep an eye out in the sep/oct issue, this car is featured as a restoration story

also I found out about a bit of the history of this car, came across some one who knew it, apparently it wasn't the previos owner, the chick who did most of the degrading stuff to the car, she just hit the tree, It was actually the guy owner before her that put the wing on it, did a new paint job over the original clear coat, and the best of all, wanted to put a 4agze in it, but didn't because the workshop refused to install a front mount for him, this guys was a total knob apparently, what a fuck nuckle
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Thu, 16 September 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice mate nice good to see it back alive and strong after close death keep up the good work
mike
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Sat, 18 September 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you ever use those springs that you got off me? is so, they doing ok?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Sat, 18 September 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah man thanks they helped heaps, it now clears 120mm, good enough for the RTA Grin , they feel pretty stiff, from the few spins around the block I have had it feels very stiff to drive, those swaybars would probably do most of that though, I can't wait to get her registered, get out there and start giving it to her..... a bit

The car just feels so light, like my celica weighs almost 1300kg, you really feel that differance, this should be good Up To Something
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Sun, 19 September 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im getting konis and king springs with sway bars in, in about 2 weeks... cant fricken wait!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Wed, 22 September 2004 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like (at least from this distance) that you got the thing lined up very nicely! Did you do the painting yourself, acrylic?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Wed, 22 September 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 12:39

Looks like (at least from this distance) that you got the thing lined up very nicely! Did you do the painting yourself, acrylic?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing yeah Embarassed just a few spray cans

for the moment at least once it is regestered and run in, I'll spray it properly. Very Happy
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Thu, 30 September 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congratulations on a great job there matey,you should be proud.
Good to see another AW11 get a second chance as they are great drivers cars and it's sure to keep a smile on your face for a long time.
Regards Superaw11.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Mon, 28 February 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well this little project has finally come full circle, its done and it looks so good.

I took Old_mr2's & spanktowns advise and pulled the wing off after seein olds shoot past me in newcastle while I was there, plus I found on the trip up it actually shat my performance, couldn't pull enough top end speed.

Just finished giving her the long awaited paintjob so this is it done, now I can get out there and have some fun.

http://img209.exs.cx/img209/4569/im00097520sw.jpg

http://img209.exs.cx/img209/5715/im00097720mr.th.jpg http://img209.exs.cx/img209/4175/im00097428kc.th.jpg http://img209.exs.cx/img209/4027/im00097321mi.th.jpg

I painted her In vixen red, its fairly bright, its the color off the BA sII falcons, I saw it and thought damn I want that color

I'd like to thank everyone thats helped me along the way, shes had some problems
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Mon, 28 February 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mad props to you, nice work on bringing it back to its former glory.

no wing = tough as nails look Evil or Very Mad
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's Mon, 28 February 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great work, it looks awesome Smile

no wing = Cool

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2005 15:08]

FantomCka
Regular

February 2005
icon14.gif  Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's... Update... Restore Project complete Tue, 01 March 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicely done man. Shocked Surprised
makes me wish i got one.
you got any pics of the car with the clean engine in it..?
if you do it would be great to see them.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's... Update... Restore Project complete Tue, 01 March 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm funny enough I never realised that, but I never took a photo when I got the clean engine in, I could always go and take some but it has a slight dirt coverage atm, might have to clean it up first
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's... Update... Restore Project complete Wed, 08 June 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I guess I better wrap this thread up now.I wanted a little more speed so I bolted all the 4AGZE supercharge gear onto my NA 4AGE enigine. that was cool, a bit of work, but it was good.

http://img135.echo.cx/img135/1475/aniim0010618xj.th.jpg

aswell I got a hold of a factory spoilr for it, so that was resprayed and bolted on, as were the wheels sprayed black.

http://img135.echo.cx/img135/5200/aniim0010608yb.th.jpg

she was just in her rpime, had not even realised the full potential of the SC NA motor, when a chick pulled out directly in front of me, t-boning her.

http://img260.echo.cx/img260/492/aniim0010698ie.th.jpg

the insurance assesor came around yesterday had a look, and declared it a write off, the cost of fix was to high.

So this is the end of my project car, 2004-2005, alas, she ended the same way I bought her.

but alas this is not the end, I plan to buy another AW11 as I just can't get over the exhilerating drive.
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's... Project OVER... Written off... Again Wed, 08 June 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bad luck dude. oh well, hopeflly youll find a new one, and build on what you had last time. can u buy the wreck back from the insurers?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's... Project OVER... Written off... Again Wed, 08 June 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh actually I get to keep the wreck, so soon I will be parting it out.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's... Project OVER... Written off... Again Wed, 08 June 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That car had some bad juju. Sad to see her go, but good to start a-fresh.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's... Update... Restore Project complete Sat, 11 June 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 10:40

when a chick pulled out directly in front of me, t-boning her.

The ladies hate your car mate.

It was looking great too...
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's... Project OVER... Written off... Again Sat, 11 June 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so sad to see so much hard work, and such an awesome car go down the drain, don't worry joel, you'll have a new mr2 soon enough!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's... Update... Restore Project complete Mon, 13 June 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Sat, 11 June 2005 10:04

The ladies hate your car mate.

It was looking great too...

only the ugly ones Wink Laughing (no offence anybody Smile )

thanks man I miss her, its a bit depessing to see it in my driveway everyday
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's... Project OVER... Written off... Again Tue, 14 June 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spewin!
Man i want an aw11. Id be pissed if i spent that much time and money on an aw11 then it got written off.
Oh well, good luck with the next one.
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: AW11 Project car of wiso's... Project OVER... Written off... Again Thu, 16 June 2005 12:07 Go to previous message
What a great read, sucks to know that it had a sad ending. Mega respect to you for restoring this baby and bringing it back into service. The women responsible for this should be shot! Evil or Very Mad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[AE86] Willy's 4AGE ADM - 56K die
Next Topic:My RA28 (Restoration)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:12:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087320804595947 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.