Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
acreese
Regular

May 2004
GT4 brakes, ST162 Sat, 05 June 2004 15:56 Go to next message
Hello there,

i am looking at adding forced induction to my ST162. (engine is up for a rebuild, so going to do things right Razz ), a 3SGZE should not be far off.....

To get an engineers certificate over here (perth) i will need to get better brakes.

I have been looking about the web and these forums, ST185 brakes seem the way to go.

i have 15inch wheels (specifics unknown).

Are GT4 brakes a direct bolt on, and secondly will i need the discs and the calipers, or will just a caliper upgrade provide suitable braking increase?

Finally what is the damage on getting some GT4 brakes? i am looking to buy some (Perth preferred).

any help greatly appreciated.

-Adam.
  Send a private message to this user    
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 brakes, ST162 Sat, 05 June 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a set of twin piston st185rc brakes. i intended on putting them onto my st184 but they wouldnt clear the centre hat on the rotor. seeing as they are supposly the same rotor im figuring a previous owner has replaced the rotors with aftermarket numbers that have a different centre hat diameter... however they were a direct fit onto the aw11 Smile just had to trim away a bit of the dust cover and they fitted snugly under the 14" rims
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: GT4 brakes, ST162 Sat, 05 June 2004 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dammit i really should see who im logged in as.... regardless the st185rc calipers were a direct fit onto miss mr2's (above) aw11 Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 brakes, ST162 Sun, 06 June 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did a 3sgte conversion on my 162 and I too had to upgrade the brakes, the engineer was happy with me just putting the twin piston calipers off the gt4 and the brake master on, they were a direct bolt on apart from minor trimming of the dust sheild with a grinder. It provided heaps better braking. Talk to your engineer, always. Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 brakes, ST162 Sun, 06 June 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just so you guys know - i should have 2 sets of gt4 front calipers and rotors available soon - ones the single large verson - the others off a st185 Group A

PM me if interested
acreese
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 brakes, ST162 Sun, 06 June 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds sweet, i will call him on tuesday and have a word with him.

I think i will go the whole hog and throw on the discs aswell, providing they also fit.

i finally found the owner of the car on my desktop at work. its yours mate! wiso... super sweet job. how much for the vent in your bonnet?

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 brakes, ST162 Sun, 06 June 2004 10:38 Go to previous message
haha Embarassed

cost $400 to get fitted.

Good luck with it amn
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1jz valve clearance?
Next Topic:Copper head gaskets