Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
scr3am3n
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Crap V6 motors Mon, 07 June 2004 02:31 Go to next message
Bloody crap commodore motors cannot handle a gentle sunday morning drive.

Dropped the bottom end out of the bloody thing. I guess there's the reason to up grade to that lexus motor now. Or I could twin turbo the 6.... Don't know if it could handle the third gear heli's again though Evil or Very Mad

I can get a motor, box and computer/wiring loom for the lexus V8 for $1800 at Japmart or buy another V6 for $500 to get me round. What do you guys think would be best??? I need the car back quick smart so I'm thinking V6 but the offer is tempting for that 8, what to do, what to do Confused

Andy.
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Crap V6 motors Mon, 07 June 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best: the V8 obviously, it's light years ahead of that Buick lump of shite.

Quickest to get running: the V6 obviously, you can just bolt it in.

Unfortunately you can't have both, so you'll have to decide which is more important to you.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Crap V6 motors Mon, 07 June 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want the car back quick smart go for the V6 (can't beleve I said that)It would be the smarter to do that if you need the car straight away
scr3am3n
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Crap V6 motors Tue, 08 June 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rang japmart about the Lexus V8 and explained my V6 problem and they said they have the V6's with a 2 year warranty for $1050. Enough said, I'm going to have to go the 6 instead of the 8 due to the finance problem. Damn it I wanted that 8.

Thanks for the words of wisdom(I'm sure I'll regret getting the 6 later)

Cheers, Andy.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Crap V6 motors Tue, 08 June 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be daring. Stick a 304 in there. Surprised
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Crap V6 motors Tue, 08 June 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Tue, 08 June 2004 11:49

Be daring. Stick a 304 in there. Surprised

if you wan't a V8 consider this motor
rustfree
Regular

May 2004
Re: Crap V6 motors Tue, 08 June 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
96 vs: 260,000kms
1 service
still going strong!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Crap V6 motors Tue, 08 June 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rustfree wrote on Tue, 08 June 2004 16:44

96 vs: 260,000kms
1 service
still going strong!

V8 or V6?
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Crap V6 motors Tue, 08 June 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2000 VT, 83,000km, 4L60E now not shifting properly. chunks and bangs between 3rd and 3th and slips out and in whilst driving.

FEEL THE QUALITY
scr3am3n
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Crap V6 motors Wed, 09 June 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
304, legally I could shoe horn in a LS1 (350 for those unfarmiliar) Not with a hint of trouble from any one at the MVR. But that still costs lots of money, which I lack. But if I did have money I would go the lexus 8 with a couple of turbos hanging off it for sure.

I think the V6 I had was just a dud. My exgirlfriend's parents have got a VP commodore and it's clocked up well over 250 000kms and they use it to tow the boat with and it still frys the tyres ( so her old man tells me).

All in all, there still crap.

It's good to see that people (some not all) still think in the same frame of mind, go the 8.

Cheers people, I'm going to have some lunch.

Andy.
rustfree
Regular

May 2004
Re: Crap V6 motors Wed, 09 June 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ours is a v6, manual. does 600k's a week. work car. the other day i tried to start it and it just wouldn't fire up smoothly. felt like it was firing on one or two cylinders! left it for ten mins and tried again and it started fine!!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Crap V6 motors Wed, 09 June 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think alot of it has to do with the way there driven thats why I tend to stay away from buying a Commodore unless I know that it has been looked after I don't know what people see in them in terms of a sports car though? my opinion but I would only call a V6 Commodore crap if it's owned by an idiot who thinks he's top shit for owning one and thinks it's the quickest thing going on the road there not to bad for family use and to get from a to b
rustfree
Regular

May 2004
Re: Crap V6 motors Thu, 10 June 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did it again today! found the problem-fucked fuel pump. i tell you what. she is rooted the car that is. and handles like shit. new it did a second gear burn, now its lucky to do a first. but for 250,000 k's and the amount its on the road its great for getting from a to b. if you want a car to enjoy/thrashh etc. buy something else!
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Crap V6 motors Thu, 10 June 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah,real modern technology the Buick V6!! I drove a Buick back in 1967 that was powered? by one of these agricultural V6's. These things also suffer from a really bad batch of coils.(highly sensitive to engine bay heat) Cold stubby of your favourite amber fluid generally revives them!

regards Chuck.
scr3am3n
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Crap V6 motors Fri, 11 June 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Wed, 09 June 2004 17:47

I think alot of it has to do with the way there driven thats why I tend to stay away from buying a Commodore unless I know that it has been looked after I don't know what people see in them in terms of a sports car though? my opinion but I would only call a V6 Commodore crap if it's owned by an idiot who thinks he's top shit for owning one and thinks it's the quickest thing going on the road there not to bad for family use and to get from a to b

Oh I agree completely, there a great family car for sure. But I'm not driving a commodore, I'm driving a hilux!!! But all in all it never got thrash every day of the week. Only when I went out on weekends which is about once a month for a bit of a look on whats happening on the street scene. And not flogged all night long little skid here and there, one or two races.

I look after my cars very well, it's had 2 full services in 4 months, about 4000km's( thats how long I've had it for) engine oil gearbox and diff. Cooling system has been flushed and filled with the right coolant etc etc etc. So I know that the engine has had the best done to it as possible.

I was also told that the motor only had 40,000km on it and was in excellent condition.( fitted by the owner before me).

Any way have a good weekend, I'm doing a engine transplant how about you?

Cheers guys, Andy.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Crap V6 motors Sat, 12 June 2004 08:30 Go to previous message
helped a mate with his torana he brought. pulled the exhaust of it that was about it don't know what else i'll be doing I'll prolly be quiet for a bit trying to save for a house Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:st162 temp gauge
Next Topic:locking system for corona
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 04:16:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051898956298828 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.