Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Best way to remove spray over on glass.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

icon13.gif  Best way to remove spray over on glass. Mon, 07 June 2004 07:56 Go to next message
Yeh so theres a very thin layer of sprayed over paint allover my driveside window.. (just noticeble) So I tried acrylic remover along with a razor blade, and after some furious scrubbing I realized I scratched the crap outta my glass due to a dodgy razor (CRAP!!!!) Just about snapped at that point.

So any recommendations on the spray removeal and scratch removal would be cool
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Mon, 07 June 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3M adhesive cleaner. This shit removes anything.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 June 2004 07:58]

Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Mon, 07 June 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a razer blade that is designed for glass
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Mon, 07 June 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a similar problem last week, I just used a liberal amount of thinners on a soft rag and gently polished it off the glass and surrounding plastic.

Just be careful not to let it run onto the bodywork!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Mon, 07 June 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 07 June 2004 17:58

3M adhesive cleaner. This shit removes anything.

word nigga
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Mon, 07 June 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razor Blade
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Mon, 07 June 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acetone can also work well with a bit of elbow grease.

If ever using turps, always be careful not to get it onto plastic of any kind, especially clear, as it eats it away!
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Mon, 07 June 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive found a scotchbrite pad thats a little damp works well, and if you get some stuborn stuff add a little turps.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Mon, 07 June 2004 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thinner.
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Tue, 08 June 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look up "clay bar overspray" on Google. Removes overspray from paint, glass, whatever.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Tue, 08 June 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a lot of panel beating shops use razor blades, if its the outside window, its safe, just use a bit of window cleaner with it, it helps
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Tue, 08 June 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masking ta...

oh, right.

nice clean razor blade, id file/grind down the corners of it too, make sure it is smooth, or use the 3m stuff.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Tue, 08 June 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
use meguairs over spary clay part number C2000.

we use it at work and its the shiznits, removes industrial fallout, water marks and tree sap, its a bit exxy at $50 for 2 bars bu it will last forever, we have 3 fulltime detailers and it takes them 2 months to go thru 2 bars.

or 3M tint glue remover, now thats potent shit,

after this, go to bunnings and pick up some very fine steel wool {comes in a roll} rip off a piece and spray glass cleaner all over the glass and scrub the glass lightly, it wont remove the cleaner but it loosens everything else, then rub it off as per usual and then repeat but dont use the steel wool the 2nd time
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Tue, 08 June 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont use the steel wool on your tint tho, it'll fuck it, use the steel wool inside and out on the windscreen and all the other windows on the outside only
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Tue, 08 June 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do not use Scotchbrite Sad it actually scratches glass Embarassed The best bet is steelwool, DRY! Laughing , then just blow the residue off.

regards Chuck.
Little Miss
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Tue, 08 June 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Use 3M overspray clay - 200g block costs about $33.00, lasts forever.

using steel wool in glass???? glass does scratch, have a look under lights.

Rolling Eyes
sandman
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Tue, 08 June 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have used toothpaste on a watch face before to remove scratches (With a soft cloth)...not sure how it would work on car windows, but might be worth a try to remove those nasty scratches. Maybe test on some glass in your house first?
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Best way to remove spray over on glass. Fri, 11 June 2004 07:24 Go to previous message
i used a razor blade but now my front windscreen is completely stuffed, scratches everywhere Sad now i gotta go get it buffed and polished
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SC14 in a AE92, yes i have searched!!!
Next Topic:2t Start up issues ... help!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:57:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060081481933594 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.