Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
1jz engine manual Mon, 07 June 2004 11:21 Go to next message
anyone have one or know what the rating are supposed to be on the big end bearings and the head studs?

thanks
Chris

BTW I have done a search here and on a heap of english and japanese search engines and they didn't come up with anything.
  Send a private message to this user    
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1jz engine manual Mon, 07 June 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I posted a scan up of the head bolts already in another thread that went unthanked nor noticed. Very Happy

But here you go anyway Smile

Head Bolts are once use only. Get new ones when changing them as they are stretch type bolts.

Head Bolts = 1st sweep 350kg.cm + 2nd sweep 90° + 3rd sweep 90°
Big End Bolts = 1st sweep 300kg.cm + 2nd sweep 90°
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz engine manual Mon, 07 June 2004 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry mate, mustn't have seen the other thread.

thanks for that info.!

You are a bloody legend!

Are the factory Toyota headbolts good enough or would I be worth getting better ones like the ARP ones?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz engine manual Sun, 20 June 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just to clarify - does 300kg per centimetre equal 30 lbf.ft. That's what I worked out with an online calculator. Is this correct as it seems low to me.

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz engine manual Sun, 20 June 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW what is the torque figure supposed to be after the 90% turn on the big end bearing caps?

thanks
Chris
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz engine manual Sun, 20 June 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also, does anyone know what the torque settings for the camshaft retainers should be?

the 6 things with 2 bolts in each that hold the cams in.

thanks
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz engine manual Mon, 21 June 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick: are you getting the info. from the engine manual on mkiv.com? They look to be the same figures you gave me. So would I be right in assuming that I can use all the figures from those manuals?

http://www.mkiv.com/manual/manualtt/cylinder_block_removel/b4.jpg

The connecting rod cap up the topish area is what need to do up. It just seems strange that they don't give the final figure as that would be a lot easier to get perfect than 90% past a figure.
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1jz engine manual Mon, 21 June 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sun, 20 June 2004 11:48

just to clarify - does 300kg per centimetre equal 30 lbf.ft. That's what I worked out with an online calculator. Is this correct as it seems low to me.

Not sure what it is in lbft but that 30 figure does seem about right, it's not a headbolt Very Happy . I don't have the equation on me to work it out but my torque bar has kg.cm on it anyway.

Quote:

BTW what is the torque figure supposed to be after the 90% turn on the big end bearing caps?

Not sure, it's just that figure + the 90 degree turns. Stretch bolts, use once toyota stuff. I suppose you could just get all ARP fasteners if you want to be sure of everything.

Quote:

also, does anyone know what the torque settings for the camshaft retainers should be?

the 6 things with 2 bolts in each that hold the cams in.

Here you go
http://www.turbosupras.com/~nclewer/images/general/1-35.png

Quote:

Nick: are you getting the info. from the engine manual on mkiv.com? They look to be the same figures you gave me. So would I be right in assuming that I can use all the figures from those manuals?

No from my own Japanese Engine Manual I got imported.
You know what they say about assuming but I would have to say I'd think most of the torque figures on the 1JZ would be the same as the 2JZ.

Quote:

The connecting rod cap up the topish area is what need to do up. It just seems strange that they don't give the final figure as that would be a lot easier to get perfect than 90% past a figure.

I remember an engine builder saying to me with the right tools it is infact more accurate. You can get an "snapoff" angle tool for better measurements too.

Click here for a Torque Angle Tool
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/18600/18532.JPG

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz engine manual Mon, 21 June 2004 03:50 Go to previous message
thanks again champ.

will have a look for one of the angle tools!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agte expert?
Next Topic:hks fconv
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 13:08:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043618679046631 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.