Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Biggles
Regular

June 2004
Jaycar Alarms Mon, 07 June 2004 16:07 Go to next message
Hey people,

I'm currently looking for a new alarm, and I've come across these alarms from Jaycar, apparently they are only available over the net, although I just thought I'd ask if any Jaycar people had seen/heard/used these things, and wondering everyone's opinion.

Links below are to the different models:

Thanks - also if people can offer any other ideas, around the $200 mark?

Paging Unit

Remote Start

Full Featured

Economy
  Send a private message to this user    
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Jaycar Alarms Mon, 07 June 2004 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have one with the remote start and it irritates me. Just say I press two buttons for it to start it then makes a sound once, waits a few seconds, flashes it lights, makes another sound, waits a few more seconds then finally starts. About 5 seconds later it re-arms with another sound whether you want it to or not. To get in you have to disarm it and once again the peice of crap makes another sound. Finally after you are in the car and driving off it makes a final sound. Its so irritating, so much so infact that I am going to put a delay on timer on it to shut the bitch up. I want to just press a button and have it start instantly. ALso the instructions are real bad, I am an electrician and I still got it wrong.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Jaycar Alarms Tue, 08 June 2004 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the immobiliser and alarm upgrade are good..
the imm is Aust standards rated (ie black wiring etc)

http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=LA897 0&CATID=&keywords=immobiliser&SPECIAL= &form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=& amp;Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&pr iceMax=&SUBCATID=
http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=LA897 5&CATID=&keywords=immobiliser&SPECIAL= &form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=& amp;Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&pr iceMax=&SUBCATID=
Cya, Stewart

ps, they look identical to one of the VDO immobilisers.. even the tag with instructions taped to the wire is identical Wink

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=31250&item=2480954533&rd=1

actually, just go to ebay.com.au, search for VDO and there are 13 currently for sale....
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Jaycar Alarms Tue, 08 June 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow thats interesting... The Siemens VDO one is definately from the same manufacturer as the jaycar one. It is the touch key version though and as such doesn't control central locking or anything
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Jaycar Alarms Tue, 08 June 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im looking at getting an alarm from jaycar, was thinking of geting a cheapy special and a central locking kit, might have to get the black wire one now.

where is the witzl, he is the jaycar expert.
rustfree
Regular

May 2004
Re: Jaycar Alarms Tue, 08 June 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a dynamco alarm.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Jaycar Alarms Tue, 08 June 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think Toobs is more the Jaycar douche around here....

Yes the Shadow is the shit to get for cheap reliability. I've used them in about 8 different cars now.

I am still finishing off a group buy of them over at www.twincam.org, but maybe in a little while if enough people are interested something similar could happen here.

P.S. the steel mate alarms - they suck massif dong
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Jaycar Alarms Tue, 08 June 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ones biggles is linking to are the ex-repair equator quarity alarms... even more betterer than the steel mates (not)

Get the Shadow seriously dude... don't waste your time with these other things.

See what witzlwanker can do on the price too Very Happy

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Jaycar Alarms Tue, 08 June 2004 14:54 Go to previous message
I got a Black Widow alarm from Strathfield Car Radios for like $270 on special and central locking installed for like $40. Seems to work pretty well

What do you guys think of them?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Widest tyre i can fit on 6.5 inch rim?
Next Topic:gearbox
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 18:13:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.064634084701538 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.