Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Is This a Rare Find?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon12.gif  Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm Brown !

The perfect colour for adding insult to injury. LOL

There used to be a rather Tuff TA22 right near my old work. It had most of the goodies, Big Diff, huge brakes, lowered suspension, W58 behind a heavily modded 3T-GTE. It ran low 12's at the creek. It was also resprayed in the Factory brown with the factory Cream interior !!! Now that was a car that upsetalot of people.

The bonus with the Corona MK II is they are so Damn Ugly people get REALLY upset. Damn I love those cars. (And I do mean Ugly in the coolest sence of the word)
  Send a private message to this user    
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon6.gif  Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found a Pic of my old girl (which became known as the Toymods Slut car for those that have been around a while)

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Corona%20MK%20II/Rear.jpg

It got that name as after I owned it, GZE Dave then had it, Then Joe had it and while Joe had it just about Everyone borrowed it, so it was for ever being seen with a different Toymodder behind the wheel.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 09 June 2004 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Slut car went damm Hard, After GZE dave played with it.

And yes to who ever asked if you needed good eyes to see mirrors that far down. MY are there and it takes a bit of getting used to when swaping from a new to old car.
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 11 June 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my dad owns a RT72 Corona coupe (i've looked for info on these things on the net for ages and i can't find anything) that's been in our shed for years now. my brother pulled it apart so that he could rebuild it but he never got around to finishing it. The body got painted in 2pac black and it looks incredible. That mk2 corona looks very similar to it with only a few differences.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 June 2004 03:34]

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 11 June 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://nelli.ikonia.fi/~crowncorona/models/corona/60/7002-7102/8.jpg

http://nelli.ikonia.fi/~crowncorona/models/corona/60/7002-7102/9.jpg

Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 11 June 2004 03:44]

Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 11 June 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres a link to pic...sweet car mate...get it going..I'll take it
off your hands if you want to clean out the shed.. Smile Smile
http://www.toyotaoldies.de/Rt72side.jpg
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 11 June 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen one of these for sale in Sydney about 3 months ago(sign on his window)..it was around the back streets of Surry Hills/Rushcutters Bay/Darlinghurst somewhere...I was on a job and got hopelessly lost then this aqua/metallic(sun buggered paint) Coupe thing cut me off..I followed for a little while(he looked like he knew where he was going) but I lost him somewhere north east of Taylors Square in Darlinghurst..(I hate City driving)...
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 11 June 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg. wrote on Fri, 11 June 2004 11:45

Heres a link to pic...sweet car mate...get it going..I'll take it
off your hands if you want to clean out the shed.. Smile Smile

fck i want that thing!
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 11 June 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well Dirty Sanchez ..get the brother back onto it..1GGTE, 5 speed something or other and a set of minilite mags and on a black coupe....the road is yours..
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sat, 12 June 2004 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love those RT72 coupes. I think they look much better than the more common MX22's.

I think Toyota Australia only imported about 900 of them and you hardly see them around now Crying or Very Sad I believe that they almost imported the GSS twin cam model here ,and it was going to be raced at Bathurst - but both never happened...
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sun, 13 June 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car used to have an 18RG into it and that thing hammered Very Happy. My only real problem is that since the car is nearly all sripped back, parts have gone missing which is stopping me from completing the car. all i need to do now is to find a wreck or something, but it's just so damn hard hard to find these cars floating about Sad
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Thu, 15 July 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw that car again today.

SHmicko.

Runs an early M series donk, with twin carbs.

Looks great from close up.

LUCKY BASTARD Razz
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Thu, 15 July 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually found another picture of what appears to be the same car Smile

http://www.toymods.org.au/Al%20Palmers%20-%2020020309/Rod_Corona_MK_II_2_Door.jpg
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Thu, 15 July 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is the one.

Drool factor plus plus plus.
Mx73_LuXoBarge
Regular

October 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Thu, 15 July 2004 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The MKII has held a special place in my old toyota heart ever since the first pic of GT's 2J equipped engine bay got posted all those months (years?) ago...

Sooooo sweet Cool
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Thu, 15 July 2004 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I've always like the Mk11s.

So, this dude hangs around Northmead, eh? Hmmmm.. Thats's close to me. I might just cruise around a bit and check it out. See if I can make him an offer. The MkII would look nice sitting in my garage next to the '25.

seeyuzz
river
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 16 July 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
River

I know who owns it mate.
I could always ask him if he wants to aprt with it.

Andrij
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 16 July 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yeah, why not. I dunno if I got the spare dosh around, but I'll just get the wife to get a 2nd job! Smile

Mind you though, I think lambolica would not be impressed if I owned another rare beauty! Rolling Eyes

seeyuzz
river
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 16 July 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you know him maybe he would not mind some pics being taken..then again maybe not...I will make myself available...and my digi...I am at Castle Hill..so see what he says..OK??
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 16 July 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That white car looks sweeet, whoever knows the owner ask him whats his price?. I want an Oldskool Toy, i wish i didnt sell my ke30 rolla, i might see if i could buy it back.
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 16 July 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is MK 2 2 DOOR for sale in sydney in the Trading post..$2500 in the southern suburbs...white lowered mags.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 16 July 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg. wrote on Fri, 16 July 2004 20:55

There is MK 2 2 DOOR for sale in sydney in the Trading post..$2500 in the southern suburbs...white lowered mags.

Did you look at it?.
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 16 July 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No..no one from the forum has that I am aware of..was originally listed about 3 weeks ago for $2800...7M-Brisbane tipped off the forum but as I say not aware of anyone having had a look...go on ..be tyre kicker Laughing Laughing Would want to be pretty good for the money but really they are getting rare in any condition..
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 16 July 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do you lower the mags? Razz

My neighbour has a 4 DOOR for sale, I know its not a coupe but PM me if anyones interested @$300
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sat, 17 July 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, the $500 MX22 I mentioned a while back is long gone, I got their address when the ad came out, finally went out there to buy it but it was already gone. Spoke to the old lady (was her late sister's car), apparently it was prettymuch mint - amazingly hadn't been driven in 10 years (originally I was told 2 years) and almost started first go!

Out of freak chance the old lady who inherited it actually has an MX13 (sedan) herself, and it's absolutely immaculate interior and body wise (has been garaged its whole life and they bought it new for $7,100) aside from faded paint (shame, but apparently she is thinking about painting it).

I gave her my name and number in case she decided to sell it any time soon, would make a fantastic daily driver with a genuine 110kms on the clock. Haven't ever seen a green one before.

We are going to look at another 4 door tomorrow, with the aim to buy it as a daily driver for my brother, with the whitewalls and front mirrors treatment (same as my 1JZ one is getting!).
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Thu, 22 July 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg,

Shhhhhh Stop telling everone. I am waiting for it to get cheap enough for me to afford LOL

I haven't seen ti yet but damn I would love a tidy little MX23 to park next to the Crowns.

Mmm Now I just need some more parking space and another $2499...........

Seriously tho, If anyone does look at it I would love to know what condition it is actually in. I am serious about wanting one but currently lack the necessary funds.

GT, What month/year did they release the MX23 ???
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Thu, 22 July 2004 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Thu, 22 July 2004 23:13

Greg,

Shhhhhh Stop telling everone. I am waiting for it to get cheap enough for me to afford LOL

your not the only one rod Shocked
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 23 July 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if someone would actually go and look at it we would all be better of Laughing Laughing Laughing
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 23 July 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the NSW contingent of the Mk II Mafia need to have a meeting to discuss our intentions...

and yeah go check this one out too Very Happy
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 23 July 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Things have gotten a little silly here.
My collection, excluding the Crowns:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Toyota%20Power%20/Coronamadness1.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Toyota%20Power%20/coronamadness2.jpg

Needless to say, the marriage is brittle! Laughing

Rod, the MX23 was first produced in August 1974 and ran out in April 1976 (although they were sold here till about September or October 1976).

[Updated on: Fri, 23 July 2004 02:28]

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 23 July 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Fri, 16 July 2004 11:43

Hi,

Yeah, why not. I dunno if I got the spare dosh around, but I'll just get the wife to get a 2nd job! Smile

Mind you though, I think lambolica would not be impressed if I owned another rare beauty! Rolling Eyes

seeyuzz
river

I have noting against the MkII's But my garage will be like GT's but full of pre '77 Celica Classics. That is where my heart lies.

You river, happen to have one of my top 3 dream cars, and the hardest one to find to boot. I just want to be seen near it. Cool

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 23 July 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Quote:

You river, happen to have one of my top 3 dream cars, and the hardest one to find to boot. I just want to be seen near it. Cool

Well, it's been at the last 2 Toymod meetings and it was at dyno day. It'll prolly be at the next meeting also, unless it's still at Kleinigs getting the motor/carbies done, and you can stand next to it all night if you want! Where were you? Also, check out the "Jan Wheels" thread for the review on it back in 1974. PM me if you want me to email you the scan.

What is the remaining top 2 dream cars? I suppose one would be a TA22 GT - that'd be nice Smile

As far as the MK2's go, where is this Northmead car? I'm tired of scouring the streets, looking for it. I'll go and check it out and take some pics and let you guys know about it. Of course, the owner could tell me I'm a knucklehead for sniffing about his car and tell me to get lost. Laughing

seeyuzz
river
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 23 July 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT,

Thanks for that mate, That means I can have the best of both worlds Smile A Pre January 75 Mark II (For emissions regulation reasons) and still own an MX23 which is arguably the sexiext of the 2 Door Mark II's !

Mine was a 76 model and I have only seen 76 model ones geting around. Up till now I was planing on getting an early model and fittingthe MX23 front end. But then you mentioned they were different sizes so that stuffed that plan and I had temperarily given up

As for Brittle.... Kirsty is none to impressed that I want another car.

As it is we have 2 parking spaces at her place. One for Her crown and one for mine. The prospect of Houseing a TA22, MS63 Wagon and a MX23 as well is not going down well. Rolling Eyes

I really do want a tidy MX23 tho.......... mmm anyone know where I can park these fuckers ?

As for looking at the MX23, I'm going to try and do that on Sunday Smile The boss permitting of course.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Fri, 23 July 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

thetoyman75 wrote on Fri, 23 July 2004 22:50

I really do want a tidy MX23 tho.......... mmm anyone know where I can park these fuckers ?

Yes mate. You buy it and I'll let you park it in my drive. Give me the keys and I'll arrange weekend visits for you. Can't get any fairer than that! Smile

seeyuzz
river
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sat, 24 July 2004 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah

what pics do you guys want of the mark2. To my knowledge he doesn't want to sell the beast, and you won't find it in northmead.

If you want pics I'll try and get some if not ill try and get the car to show up in person.

Personally i prefer the rt40 that the same guy owns.

Luke

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sat, 24 July 2004 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Okay, some pics would be nice. Also get some of the rt40. Nice to see them in the flesh at the next meeting or wherever.

Seriously, I'm about to inject approx $8k into my car and that would rule out buying another car for the time being. Besides, I'd hate to be accused of beating up "el presidente" over a MK2! Rolling Eyes

seeyuzz
river
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sat, 24 July 2004 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod, I'm just lucky my wife likes the Crown wagon. She doesn't understand the whole Lexus V8 thing (she figures just put the stock motor back in there) but does like the idea of blasting past young clowns in shopping trolleys with an old jallopee.

The white car will soon be wrecked - it's rusting away quite cheerfully and has served its purpose as reliable daily transport, recreational sprint vehicle and test lab for the last 5 years.

Also just looking at the ADRs, first ADR limiting emissions was ADR26, which just limits CO at idle. It came into effect Jan 1972. The next one was ADR27 limiting CO emissions throughout the operating range (effected Jan 1974), and that was amended to ADR27a in July 1976 to also limit NOx throughout the operating range. Ideally you want a pre July 76 Mk2 if you are going to tweak the motor. Of course if you do a conversion then they're all irrelevant - you'll have to comply with the ADRs enacted with the year of the motor (read here).

[Updated on: Sat, 24 July 2004 02:17]

clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sat, 24 July 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave I bet she doesn't understand your avtar pic either.

Stitt he doesn't own an RT40. But can you work out what they are? Laughing
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sat, 24 July 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
giant tomato i envy your drive way Laughing

i've still got this beast for sale for $350:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.phpt=getfile&id=5362&rid=2761&S=623db53ac05d52819e674596832a7a86

i've cut the exaust in half it sounds evil Evil or Very Mad

Well it kind of fell of but was dragging along so i just finished the job

i dont think anyone will buy it and i get my 4 door back on the road next week so it looks like me & some mates will give it a good send off.

GT if you want to get rid of some parts from the 4dr let me know. (we could trade) Very Happy

?IF ANYONE WANTS ANY PARTS LET ME KNOW AND I"LL TAKE THEM OFF BEFORE WE GO AND KILL IT

[Updated on: Sat, 24 July 2004 10:21]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sat, 24 July 2004 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Sat, 24 July 2004 19:23

Stitt he doesn't own an RT40. But can you work out what they are? Laughing

is it the same guy that owns this?

http://www.turbocreations.com/corona/rt5120valve/rt5120valve3b.jpg
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sun, 25 July 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob,
Mike from the toyotacorona.com site has made contact with the owners of that black beauty...pic was in ( I think fast 4's years ago)..anyone recognise the back ground?. Eric Hodges old tin garage at Northmead..opposite the sports club...Eric was beaten to death in his workshop by as yet unknown/found person/s.. must be nearly 10 years ago..he was a bit of grump but no one deserves to die like that..

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon5.gif  Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sun, 25 July 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK !!! Anyone go the number for the MX23 in Sutherland ???

Bloody listing has gone from the Trading post online Sad

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sun, 25 July 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
greg, i remember hearing about what happened to ERic when i was in high school. Apparently he was within an inch of life before he was eventually switched off life support. He was distined to be a complete vegetable if he was kept alive.

I hate hearing stories like that, esp so close to home. Sad

As for the cars here... an old Corona is definitely on my "to do" list. Following completion of Pimp Boy and the '28.

I would so easily do a shovel nose, they are horn with added sex.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Sun, 25 July 2004 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats the one infact thats that car. it's not black either. But luke what is it if it isnt a 40? Evil or Very Mad
mickandfel
Regular

July 2004
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Mon, 26 July 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,an RT40 is a 4door,RT51 is a 2door 1600s as in the pic,the different codes go on and on,so many variants.
ginger
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Tue, 26 October 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, I have a RT72 like the red one above showing the side view. Cool
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 27 October 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg sell me your car!
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Is This a Rare Find? Wed, 27 October 2004 04:02 Go to previous message
I saw a MK2 coupe for sale red, no rust looked fairly original from the picture, if anyone is interested I will try and locate what paper i saw it in, was $1000 I think.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:is it possible to over power a clutch???
Next Topic:Where to find panels for imports
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 19:57:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011933088302612 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.