Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Fuel Injected ta22 Wed, 09 June 2004 11:11 Go to next message
ive got a 74 ta22 that im very slowly putting together, and ive got a 2t for it, but im thinking about putting something a bit newer in it. Was thinking 4ag or 3sge, its not gonna be a performance machine, just a daily driver. Just wondering what would be the easiest fuel injected engine to fit into the car, as in least amount of work changing engine mounts and modifying certain things,. Like i said not worried about performance, although i wouldnt complain if it had abit more power then the 2T. Also has to be fairly cheap as i am a poor bastard. Thanks, and sorry if this has been asked recently.
  Send a private message to this user    
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Fuel Injected ta22 Wed, 09 June 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=37165&start=0&rid=2037&S=50f9b919913 cba2410685497924e15d8

That has a bit on engine conversions for TA22s, if its only going to be a daily driver then you will want the easiest possible conversion. For that the 2TG is the easiest, if your gonna go to the hassle of fitting a 3SGE you may aswell fit a 3SGTE.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 June 2004 11:13]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Fuel Injected ta22 Wed, 09 June 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2TGEU will be the easiest engine to fit that has EFI.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Fuel Injected ta22 Wed, 09 June 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah 2TGEU thats what i meant
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: Fuel Injected ta22 Wed, 09 June 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are these 2tgeu's easy to come across, are they cheap, will i need engineering cert. Can i use the standard box, and will any modification be required to fit this in. Thanks
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Fuel Injected ta22 Wed, 09 June 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 2TGEU is fairly easy to come accross if you look around. Very easy to fit as it will bolt to the current mounts and will fit the standard box. You will just need to sort out the wiring and fit a fuel pump.
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Fuel Injected ta22 Thu, 10 June 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FYI

I bought my 2TGEU halfcut about 6 months ago from Asian Auto Spares in Qld for $1400; add freight from QLD to ACT of $200 for the grand total of $1600

The only engine/engine bay modding you will need to do to fit the engine is remove the mounts off your 2T and bolt them onto the new 2TGEU engine (I had a panic about this one when I first measured the two engines up and they didn't match).

If you need wiring diagrams for the EFI I have a few that I can give you.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fuel Injected ta22 Thu, 10 June 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although, a if you can pick up a 4AG cheaply enough (probably for less than a 2T) then it's worth the extra little bit of effort. It all comes down to how good you are at making little bits'n'pieces, really!
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Fuel Injected ta22 Fri, 11 June 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agree with 2T-GEU. Do you nevessarily need fuel injection or are you suffering from 'ewww carbies are old and suck man!' syndrome?

If you're looking for a budget-friendly solution a 2T-G with dual Solex carburettors will probably be cheaper to buy, and definately cheaper and easier to fit as you won't need to refit the fuel system to suit fuel injection (surge tank, lift pump, high-pressure fuel pump, etc.)

I'm in Melbourne too with TA22 with 2T-G PM me if you have any question.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fuel Injected ta22 Sun, 13 June 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem with the carby approach is you're likely to get stuck with 25 year old Solex's which will give you no end of trouble. Of course you could fork out for new carbs, but have you priced new Weber DCOE's lately?
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Fuel Injected ta22 Mon, 14 June 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Granted, new carburettors are expensive.

mr ice has however said the following:
Quote:

ive got a 74 ta22 that im very slowly putting together
Quote:

its not gonna be a performance machine
Quote:

what would be the easiest fuel injected engine to fit into the car, as in least amount of work changing engine mounts and modifying certain things
Quote:

Like i said not worried about performance
Quote:

Also has to be fairly cheap as i am a poor bastard

All this leads me to believe that if he can save requiring a surge tank, two fuel pumps, and loom modification/installation then he'd be a happier camper, and the ease-of-completion advantages would outweigh the 'carburettor compromise'.

I've had two sets of Solex 40 PPH's and both were reasonably good when correctly tuned. Not comparable to fuel injection, but pretty good. Probably good enough for Ice's application...?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fuel Injected ta22 Mon, 14 June 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps, but the title of this thread leads me to believe he wants fuel injection? Smile
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Fuel Injected ta22 Thu, 17 June 2004 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh but you don't need surge tanks, two fuel pumps to run the 2TGEU as I run mine off a single external Bosch fuel pump and it runs fine. If you were going to do more modding (Turbo etc.) then you would probably need those but, judging by the lack of need for extreme performance, I would say he's not going to (yet).

2TGEU still the easiest EFI install in a 22 Very Happy
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Fuel Injected ta22 Sat, 19 June 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Perhaps, but the title of this thread leads me to believe he wants fuel injection?

He's just posted another thread asking about 1JZ in TA22. I don't think he has any idea what he wants.
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: Fuel Injected ta22 Sat, 19 June 2004 04:31 Go to previous message
My original plan was to put something standard in there, but due to some of my friends convincing me, ive decided i want something faster.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ Oiling plug or misfire????
Next Topic:68 Toyota Corona MK2 - any problems with them?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 22:25:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078060626983643 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.