Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » airbrushing who likes?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 08:52 Go to next message

airbrushing who likes?[ 64 vote(s) ]
1.yes i like 10 / 16%
2.yes but i wouldnt drive an airbrushed car 20 / 31%
3.no its sh*t 34 / 53%

as the title says please vote
this will sway whether i re-airbrush my corolla or go back to a simple solid colour Shocked

Send a private message to this user    
Henno
Regular

May 2004
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go bak to simple solid colour
i voted i yes but i wouldnt drive an airbrushed car
some airbrushed cars are nice but i would never drive 1 i like things simple
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why do you care what others think?
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex_Kelway wrote on Thu, 10 June 2004 19:14

Why do you care what others think?

isnt that the *whole point* of airbrushing your 'sweet sweet ride' ??
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you guys didnt notice its for sale (posted 2 weeks ago) pending rebiult engine and NEW PAINT so i am trying to work out if i should re-do the paint as is or give it a simple solid colour
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can appreciate airbrushing on some cars.
Hell, I was tempted to get my bonnet and doors done for a while (ok, so I'm part-ricer).
I'll take a good air brush job over a stupid body kit any day, though they usually come hand in hand.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it needs to be tasteful
there is a nice S15 in perth that had what could of been a nice airbrush job, but instead of stopping where i thought would of been good, they kept going and went over the top

i chose yes, but wouldnt drive one(i wouldnt take care of it properly Razz)
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go ahead if that is what u like...air brushing might not be the trend now but it is back in my country.

it started with scooters air brushing their bikes, then cars getting air brush design decals, and now its the real air brush

this is on a scooter with sound system Shocked
i'm just too lazy to show u some simple air brush design..

http://www.njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics/10462/normal_dsc00039.jpg
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally I think it's got its place.. I'm not a fan whatsoever of the current trend(/fad?) of ridiculously (IMO) air-brushed cars, but it goes down a treat on a lot of hot rods and the like..

I still remember reading Street Machine magazine back in the 80's and seeing small, discreet airbrushed detailing. Personally I reckon that stuff rocks, and given the right car I'd be tempted to do something similar.

Anything can look good if it's done tastefully.
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok what is over the top? heres a big pic of what it was like just before the roo and more bodykit so it could be going back this way or maybe a light metallic blue
 http://www.users.on.net/~vanede/cololla%20recent.jpg
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all I want is my avatar on my bonnet
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been considering airbrushing my car but yeah, wouldn't have a clue about a theme to do...
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Themes like chick with big tits, jungle, flames, underwater, animals, scary themes have all been done, i reckon airbrushing is a relection of the driver personally, i've been thinking of some mild stick on graphics for my rolla sort of like the orange supra in fast & the furious.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont mind airbrushing, if only i could afford it Razz They have to look really good. Yours isnt too bad. How much would it cost to redo?

Saw a WRX the other day, awesome airbrush job, had the whole jungle theme going with the tigers, and nice white leather interior Cool
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think Osman bros wrx were the first to do a crazy jungle theme.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
osmans wrx - that thing is just stupid.
undriveable, uninsurable, superb way to waste thousands upon thousands of dollars. Rolling Eyes
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cost is not an issue at all with the airbrushing since i do it all myself so its more a time issue than money.
the reason im asking is if i do re-do it then is it going to be easier or harder to sell?

btw. PM me if u want any airbrushing done or quotes on things since ive got a rough cost worked out on things etc.

themes are the hardest part of the job if u want ideas ive got a couple that i think would look pretty sweet but are really just spin-offs from other themes and combos i havent seen before

[Updated on: Thu, 10 June 2004 14:21]

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much would it cost to air brush a WORLD MAP all over my AE86?? Laughing Laughing Laughing
psyche
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 10 June 2004 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Airbrushing can look good if done subtly unfortunately it often isnt.... Razz

Looks fairly tacky IMO most of the time on daily drivers.

I think it would be far easier to sell your car without the airbrushing. However if you did manage to sell it as someone could fall in love with it and be willing to pay a premium for that work done.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 June 2004 18:27]

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Fri, 11 June 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't mind air brushing on a car but only if it's tasteful, and reflects that personallity of the car/owner. I did know a bloke that owned a honda civic (been on the front of Hot4s) that had the torn bonnet exposing the engine head with blood vessels running over it and a small characture style pic of his car on the rear wing, that is possibly the best I've seen.
IMO I think it would make your car harder to sell as the buy has to like your car and like the theme of a heavely airbrushed car...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Fri, 11 June 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like the brushing on your car , its tasteful IMHO - not too wild and wacky ..

its when they start putting the boobie girls on them and cranky shit like that that it gets just plain ugly IMHO

I like it with the plain white bonnet compared to the other photo in your avatar .

Someone will appreciate the car's artwork im sure - its unique
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: airbrushing who likes? Fri, 11 June 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suggest paint your car 1 soild colour it would be appealing to a wider rage of people!

just my $0.02
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: airbrushing who likes? Fri, 11 June 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The art of airbrushing on its own is a great portrayal of one's interpretation of creativity and vision but i think spraying it on a cars panel is just waaaay too tacky and over the top.

no offence Alainve, but i think airbrushing a squarish car is just asking for a roll from the eyes, and it just doesn't suit the lines of the airbrush stroke.

I think airbushing would ONLY suit more curvier cars, and even then there are only a select few that would work - like an RX7 s6-8, and it would only look ok if the artwork was very subtle.

I think it comes down to WHAT you put on your car, and WHERE. but i think overall it's just like a tattoo - put it on an unpleasant body with bad mactching scheme, it'd just look wrong.

As for your query, i would never buy anyone else's artwork, for many reasons from originality to misinterperation. But hey, everyone is different Rolling Eyes
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: airbrushing who likes? Fri, 11 June 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont like airbrushing, imo it looks tacky and cheap
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: airbrushing who likes? Fri, 11 June 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YUP Laughing
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: airbrushing who likes? Fri, 11 June 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Weel like most thigns they can be taken over the top and made to look really crap and tacky, but yours is quite tasteful i think. The plain bonnet does look good although i do think it needs somethin small in the middle, a bonnet scoop with a small pic on it maybe?
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Fri, 11 June 2004 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it looks like airbrushing is losing out pretty badly Sad
im thinking painting it in straight blue pearl so it will be very close to white with a blue shine with some metalic thrown in for good measure
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: airbrushing who likes? Sat, 12 June 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put some sideskirts on, take that wing off and cover that hole you have on the bonnet.

and paint it straight blue pearl!
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: airbrushing who likes? Sat, 12 June 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alainve wrote on Sat, 12 June 2004 00:08

well it looks like airbrushing is losing out pretty badly Sad
im thinking painting it in straight blue pearl so it will be very close to white with a blue shine with some metalic thrown in for good measure

that would be alot more pleasing to me eye than the current setup. audioslaves advice is good too, get rid of the hole in the bonnet.

(by the way im not having a go or anything you asked for peoples opinon so i gave my actual opinon. everyone if different and if u like having an airbrushed car dont let anyone else tell u different)
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Sat, 12 June 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the hole in the bonnet is gone thanks to that kangaroo and the wing thanks to my engineer
and ive got skirts and a rear bar too thats why its being repainted cos 1/2 the car is in primer or red at the moment
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Sat, 12 June 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had to vote yes and i would drive one as ive driven alainve's car befor Razz
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: airbrushing who likes? Sat, 12 June 2004 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh airbrushing is BOHK!!!!
cant help but laugh at the units with it,, especially when there is no go to match the krangy show... Rolling Eyes
sorry dude,atleast you put a good heart in it tho... Smile
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Sun, 13 June 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really hate air brushed cars... Just my personal oppinion though...(most look better than my car at the moment though Crying or Very Sad )

But has anyone seen the airbrushed car that Tom Green had in one of his videos? called the "slut mobile"... He painted his parents car with some really lewd murals, very funny Laughing
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: airbrushing who likes? Sun, 13 June 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh that wa hillarious!!
patrick
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: airbrushing who likes? Sun, 13 June 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think your airbrushed rolla looks good, more tasteful than some I've seen around. I think it's best to stay away from the jungle, naked women and dragon decals. Too rice. Good way to spoil a nice car and probably makes it harder to sell.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: airbrushing who likes? Sun, 13 June 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally I think airbrushing is something that you would do to personalise a car...
I wouldn't buy an airbrushed car as it would most likely reflect someone elses taste in things and not my own.

See what Draven said about airbrushing... he wants to personalise his car, however, if you or I were to be looking at buying the car we wouldn't appreciate the airbrushing like Draven would...
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: airbrushing who likes? Sun, 13 June 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Of course it depends on preference, and what you want to do with your car. As a daily, I reckon it looks rice/gay and draws too much attention. I thinks if you drive your car hard, you expect some minor body damage from time to time (i.e. sliding and hitting gutters), therefore airbrushing is a hell waste of time. I could think of thousands of better mods than airbrushing my car... my 2c
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Wed, 16 June 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well airbrushing has lost out in the poll and im starting work soon on the new solid colour paint job. will keep u posted on how the colour turns out
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: airbrushing who likes? Wed, 16 June 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get rid of the wing 1st and get some side skirts
that will make ur car a HEAP better
and will compliment paint job
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 17 June 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799- if you read the thread properly you notice ive got skirts and a rear bar now and have ditched the wing already Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: airbrushing who likes? Thu, 17 June 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually now u mention that .. i did remember reading that.. i just forgot it after a few days of not seeing thread Smile

blonde hair.... u know how it is

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2004 11:49]

45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: airbrushing who likes? Sat, 19 June 2004 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personally i think airbrushing=RICE. i have only ever seen 1 airbrushed car that i liked the look of and that was that 'purgatory'(or how ever the hella you spell it R33 skyline by MDX graphics.(had like ghost dudes just barely visible coming out of the paint)

but really NOTHING beats a beautiful solid colour, properly done.

just my $0.02
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: airbrushing who likes? Sat, 19 June 2004 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that r33 was hot Smile.. i remember it
rustfree
Regular

May 2004
Re: airbrushing who likes? Wed, 23 June 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes airbrushing=rice. no offence. i can appreciate the work and time and effort. but i know what i think when i see an airbrushed car. it can either look real shite or real good. most of the time shite. but then again for your car ........do what you want. you do up a car for your own pleasure. if you feel good when you look at it.. do it!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: airbrushing who likes? Wed, 23 June 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt mind some minor stuff done on my car.. but nothing major
rustfree
Regular

May 2004
Re: airbrushing who likes? Wed, 23 June 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like a roaring lion?? or a wolf howling under the moonlight with a naked chick in the background??? as in old shagin' wagon' style???
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: airbrushing who likes? Wed, 23 June 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol.. nah just something small along the bottom of bumper or down the very bottom underneath the door
rustfree
Regular

May 2004
Re: airbrushing who likes? Wed, 23 June 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now that could look alright.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: airbrushing who likes? Wed, 23 June 2004 09:46 Go to previous message
like starting from both intercooler sides(about an inch and a half max height from very bottom of car..
some sort of wavy blue thing that fades out near the top
even just a tiny bit colour change over original.. like a very light blue pearl wavy thing over the pearl white paint its getting
so Alainve if ur every in bris near me.. feel free to come do something like that to my car(what ive explained) for a bit of dosh or free if ya real nice Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 23 June 2004 09:48]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Who was driving the red sprinter up Old Castle Hill Road today?
Next Topic:retro drift
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:32:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083119869232178 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.