Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
icon6.gif  puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Thu, 10 June 2004 04:45 Go to next message
ok here goes bare with me this will b my 1st cruise

WHEN: 20/6/04 10:00am Sun morning leave 10:30am

WHERE: going to the blue mountains and the candy store at Leura
and a BBQ and to my mates patisserie (cake, pie shop)

COST: BBQ, Sausages on a Big bakers delight bread roll $2.50
Can of drink $1.00

Candy store prices start from $2.50 a 100g bag

Pie shop. Prices start from $2.40

I have maps 2 give out on the day.

DIRECTIONS:Were going 2 meat at caltex star mart Eastern creek
M4 motorway westbound (meet in the truck stop section just past
the servo. same place as Dubbo.)

Then we just head up the free way. when you see a sign saying Leura, 1st left
from here my maps will Begin we will head down 2 Leura cascades picnic area 4 a BBQ don't need to bring tables and chairs they r all ready there and guess what there are facilities there as well.
from here we will head back in 2 Leura 4 the candy store (all on the map) where they have sooooo many lollies soft ones, hard ones, gooey ones, smelly ones heaps.

Then when our tummies are full we will head for Cliff Dr a windy rd and we will stop at some look outs as well.
When we have finished we will go back down the Great Western Hwy to Wentworth falls for some of the best pies you have tasted. My mate runs Schwartz's a patisserie in Wentworth falls.
Then we all go home full and tired.

ok it took me 1 1/2hrs to get there but it may be longer and about 200 km there and back 11 sets of lights and 3 speed cameras

now can u all help by telling me what I missed and if you are coming

thanks heaps Craig.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 June 2004 07:09]

Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June Thu, 10 June 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol... Sydney Rolla Club is hosting another official cruise on this date...

We will be meeting at P6 at Homebush at 10am and departing at 10:30am...

So no one get mixed up... We are heading to Terrigal...
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June Thu, 10 June 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds like a bloody awesome cruise craig, I'm really pissed off because I'm working that weekend, & there's no chance I can make it!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
A cruise to a lolly shop is just my sort of thing, I will be thinking about it all day! Make sure you get me some, nay LOTS of lollies! Smile

Good on you for organising a cruise too. Cool
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June Thu, 10 June 2004 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man, u are required to bring lots of candy to the monthly meeting the next day after the cruse. Very Happy Very Happy
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June Fri, 11 June 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
craig,
just an idea but since the rolla club are using CP6 on that day why not change the meeting place to the twin servo's on the M4,
save confusion and we have to go past there anyway,
might also be easier for everyone to get to there instead of neg the traffic.

Just a thought.
cheers
Kirsty
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June Fri, 11 June 2004 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, it's all good...

You guys leave at 10am and we meet at 10am...
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June Fri, 11 June 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Have you ever known a Toymods cruise to leave on time??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June Sat, 12 June 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha... Good point... You guys can change the meeting place if you wish but we won't be... I'm sure we all can work out where we're supposed to be... Well the Rolla drivers will but I'm not too sure about all those Celica drivers Razz Razz Razz ...
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Sun, 13 June 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its ezyer this way and the meet time can b later
get 2 sleap in Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 13 June 2004 08:46]

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Mon, 14 June 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like a great cruise Craig.

Kirsty and I will be there for sure. I can bring my little portable BBQ if you need it ??? Just let me know. Mind you with the lollie Shop and the backery we might not need the BBQ at all ???

Let me know either way dude Smile
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Mon, 14 June 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ah crap i have to work

sounds cool

mmmm lollies

i want i want

HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Tue, 15 June 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So who is actually comming to this, sounds atm to be only 2 cars???? come on guys.... mmmmmmmm LOLLIES Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Wed, 16 June 2004 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well my crew will all be there see you there at 10 am on sunday...............mmmm lollies.....can't wait
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Wed, 16 June 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm going to try and be there - At least for part of the cruise if I can't make it for the whole day Smile
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Thu, 17 June 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm thinking about coming are we meeting on the M4 or at homebush. and at what time??
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Thu, 17 June 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stitt.
we meet at the twin servos west bound on the M4 at 10am to leave at 10:30.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Thu, 17 June 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any idea what time you'll be leaving to come back down?
I can't make it in the morning, but can after about 11am.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Thu, 17 June 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it wont be a all day cruise head back down a bout 1pm sound cool?
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Thu, 17 June 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i should be there
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Thu, 17 June 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there a way I can get the maps off you earlier?
I'd like to come, but like I said, can't leave Sydney till about 11am.
My aim is to catch up for lunch.

Thanks
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
icon6.gif  Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Sat, 19 June 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK people its going 2 b a cold 1 so bring a extra jacket and keep warm c u all 2moro thanks Cool
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Sat, 19 June 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there tomorrow guys, see you all then! Very Happy

Steve, I'm not sure if you're able to get a map or not, but if you're heading up about 11am give us a bell on the mobile and I'll try and let you know where to go. I'll PM you my number.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Sat, 19 June 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm Lollies.... See you guys tomorrow Cool
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Sun, 20 June 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks 4 a grate day people it was good day except 4 the traffic Mad it worked out good as the evo club joined us up there and 4 the BBQ. the lolly shop was a good hit. then we went down a dirt rd fun fun fun that was a good idea. good fun day out. Very Happy until we went down Mitchell's pass u will have 2 ask wannest what happened Crying or Very Sad sorry about what happened Stephen Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Sun, 20 June 2004 09:30]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Sun, 20 June 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What happened to wagonist?
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Sun, 20 June 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx for organising a great cruise, had a good day. I think ill leave it up to steve to tell what happened
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Sun, 20 June 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for a great day - WTF happened to wagonist?
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Sun, 20 June 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, it was a great day's out driving. Bloody freezing, but the BBQ helped a bit with that! Smile

Found some enjoyable roads which I'll definitely be re-visiting again some time.

The day could've ended better for the Wagonist, but we all made it home ok so it could've been a lot worse.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Sun, 20 June 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Craig,

Thanks for a great cruise mate. It was a really great day, bloody cold, but a great day.

Ok so since no one is going to tell....... Is it bent or broken or both ?????

HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Sun, 20 June 2004 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep great day, Thanx Craig,
I think the only one that was warm was Little harry,,,,, hmmm might have to get me one of them snow suits....
SO... where is Steve????
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Mon, 21 June 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still alive, but with a sore shoulder & neck.

On the non-official part of the cruise down Mitchell's pass, I tried to find out how fast I could go sideways down a road that's only a car & a half wide.

Then hit the outside (left) guard rail with the right front of the car causing it to spin completely around & collect the right rear corner as well.
In the meantime the right bonnet hinge has sheared through causing it to spin around & hit the left door.
I'm certainly glad I didn't hit the rock wall on the other side of the road.

Lucid's got some pix of the aftermath, so I post up in the War Stories section when I get the link.

Had another look this morning, but I'm pretty sure its not a write-off, depends on how much of the unseen metalwork is bent.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 June 2004 05:03]

HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Mon, 21 June 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No No No No No No No No No
I guess that kinda shows what can happen when you be silly then huh.
Sorry that was harsh, but I have little compassion for people who are silly behind the wheel of a car, and loosing one of my best friends and her baby in a car accident less than a week ago makes that alittle stronger.
Glad to hear you are ok tho steve and good luck with getting it all fixed up.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 June 2004 22:34]

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon9.gif  Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Mon, 21 June 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve,

That really sux mate at least you are ok I guess.

I know he isn't exactly close to your place but give Adam at Windsor Automotive Body Repair a call. He is a Toymods Sponsor and will look after you as best he is able.

He also does some really great quality work and has done quite alot of Toymods cars now. Ph 4587 7082 and make sure you tell im I sent you.

Really sorry to here about the incident mate. Good luck getting it sorted out. Sad

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Mon, 21 June 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hear Steve...

Hope you get the car all sorted and fixed...
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Wed, 23 June 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not a great thing when you come around a bend In a one way road, and see smoke and dust in the air and the head lights of one of your good mates are looking back up at you.

Yeah I had a great day, that dirt road was great, would of been better with stokies and a standard right height car. But hey what can you do.

I'm going to head back up do the rest of mitchell's pass.

Yeah steve head out and see adam dead set champ.

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: puzzle mans blue mountains cruise 20th of June UP DATE Thu, 24 June 2004 03:40 Go to previous message
Pics up of the remnants of my car.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=38530&start=0&rid=418&S=50f166a60617 e6c3a00d84c994235fe6
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HUGE CRUISE SYDNEY
Next Topic:Altezza Cruise #1
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:39:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006486177444458 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.