Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
45aken
Regular

February 2004
86kw question Thu, 10 June 2004 16:19 Go to next message
is there anything i can do to strengthen the internals of an 86kw bluetop (i want to turbo it)? i know the 4agze pistons wont fit right in- true right?

must lower compression and hopefully fit pistons. i dont wanna spend large amounts of the folding stuff either as i have other cars to work on.
  Send a private message to this user    
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 86kw question Thu, 10 June 2004 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your enlightenment will come from within ...

SEARCH
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 86kw question Thu, 10 June 2004 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
45aken wrote on Fri, 11 June 2004 02:19

i dont wanna spend large amounts of the folding stuff either as i have other cars to work on.

Whenever you mention the words "TURBO" and incorporate it with a NA engine, the phrase " i don't wanna spend large amounts of the folding stuff " doesn't really come into play.

Just put the turbo on and run it on low boost. A few people have done this with some sort of success.

45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: 86kw question Thu, 10 June 2004 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not spending alot of the folding stuff will generally mean spending enough to get a good result, but not breaking the bank. eg im not going to buy aftermarket $1000 pistons and getting 2K worth of custom engine work done.

i already have the turbo, BOV, intercooler, and can get cheap piping from my man at muffler men. just wondering what i'll need to do inside the engine first.

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 86kw question Fri, 11 June 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if it helps, i bought a set of forged and coated pistons for my gze from toyota for $400.
Might be worth a look.
Bearings and arp rod bolts migh be a good idea. Other than that you should be right to go.

Good luck with it.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 86kw question Fri, 11 June 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
45aken wrote on Fri, 11 June 2004 02:19

is there anything i can do to strengthen the internals of an 86kw bluetop (i want to turbo it)? i know the 4agze pistons wont fit right in- true right?

must lower compression and hopefully fit pistons. i dont wanna spend large amounts of the folding stuff either as i have other cars to work on.

It really depends on the condition of the motor being used in the first place, it can and has been done with success.

Seriously thou, its not really worth spending money on the n/a block to strenghten it, get a gze block, install new rings, bearings and as mentioned before $400 for new forgies (very hard to beat that price) and you'll have a bottom end that will support 200-220rwkw, if tuned properly. If you search hard enough it shouldnt cost teh earth to do it, and in theory should last forever if treated right. I wouldnt bother with the n/a motor, it will only brake.

You could turbo the n/a motor while building the gze block.

Just my opinion.

Cheers

Steve
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 86kw question Fri, 11 June 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just but a 4agze front cut run factoty computer and sell supercharger sell your own engine and all the other shit
will work out cheaper and easier Smile
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 86kw question Fri, 11 June 2004 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as sexy 16 said
yet if you dotn desire to take that road most na engines ive been told will take about 7 pound boost with the 4age taking up to 15 pound
so my advise if you dotn want to buy a new engine is to out factory forgies in and a small turbo with factory compression
is what id do in your shoes for a nice boost in power across the rev range
the dayo
Regular

April 2003
Re: 86kw question Fri, 11 June 2004 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 86Kw block should be fine, i've turboed a stock 20V and so far so good.
just run low boost, i'm running 7psi, and its quick. (124rwkw).
And get rid of the BOV, they sound dogshit
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: 86kw question Sat, 12 June 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah the BOV is really the bypass valve off my rex. which will plum back striaght outta the sard sports EX+ filter (ohhh yeah, $51 from yahoo yapan!$400 in AUS!!!) Smile

it's just that i have been quoted so much for the 4agze that i believe they are out of reach for me at the moment. what about if i turbo'd the 4age 16v Bluetop, run that for a while and then just buy a 4agze bottom end and put that on?
are 4agze bottom ends hard to find/will this work???

because than i could get some workshop experiance(im building this in the garage/workshop) building the turbo bluetop then when it comes to the 'real' 4AGTE i would already know what im doing.

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 86kw question Sat, 12 June 2004 05:56 Go to previous message
i know that the smallport 4age blocks are VERY similar and use a lot of common parts with the 4agze smallport blocks, but i dont know how much common parts are used with the bigport blocks - you would have to check the part numbers and compare them.

I like the idea of turboing the 16V motor.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:locking system for corona
Next Topic:replacement carb for rt104 corona
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 05:09:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12297201156616 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.