Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » after all the reading Brake and wheel issues STILL?!?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ogre
Newcomer

June 2004
after all the reading Brake and wheel issues STILL?!? Wed, 09 June 2004 15:15 Go to next message
Morning All
Found this forum while looking for brake info on the AE9x series corollas.
First post.
Have done some searches for the last coupla hours and read a lot.

I Have an 88 AE95.

Looking to build a nice daily driver that stops harder than it goes.

From that I have gotten that I should be able to mount an AE93 (DBA708) and twin pot calibers on the front without too many hassles??

Y/N??

and hopefully be able to do a disc brake rear conversion with an AE82 (DBA703). Y/n??? IF no....suggestions.

What size Wheels will I have to run with this brake setup??.

Currently got a set of 195/60/14's on steel wheels and would like to use them if possible. If I have to go the 14 alloys thats cool but my tyres are 99% so it will be a while b4 I can step upto 15's

I want to do a suspension LIFT of 1 to 2 inches and am looking for ideas, suggestions for how to go about it, and/or what manufactures would make such items as raised springs and shocks for the AE95R

Am going to do this as a build-up post with pictures and such....is this allowed on this forum??

Thanks heaps in advance

Later
P

Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: after all the reading Brake and wheel issues STILL?!? Wed, 09 June 2004 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ogre wrote on Thu, 10 June 2004 01:15

I want to do a suspension LIFT of 1 to 2 inches and am looking for ideas, suggestions for how to go about it, and/or what manufactures would make such items as raised springs and shocks for the AE95R

Unless your offroading, why do you want to LIFT the suspension ???? You'll run into similar problems as per excessive lowering, i.e. insufficient shock travel (extension in this case).

Can't help with the other stuff tho'
Rod83
Regular

August 2003
Re: after all the reading Brake and wheel issues STILL?!? Wed, 09 June 2004 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll be able to mount the ae93 brakes without a hassle, but you will need 15" wheels to mount the twinpots.
Ogre
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: after all the reading Brake and wheel issues STILL?!? Fri, 11 June 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI
Yes I want to lift it up.
I have a few hundred kg's of tools that I carry around and I have the possibility of going over some rougher tracks to save travelling time between jobs.

Going to be replacing the struts with heavy duty monroe gas and want to get a lifted set and lifted springs to match. Doesn't need to be much lift 25-40mm tops.

So the DBA 708 and the Standrd AE93 SX caliper will fit under 14"s
Y/N??

IN the articles in making a disc brake rear in an AE92 it says you have to get the disc brake trailing arms. anyone know if this is the same for the AE95??

thanks

later
P
Rod83
Regular

August 2003
Re: after all the reading Brake and wheel issues STILL?!? Fri, 11 June 2004 09:16 Go to previous message
Yes the ae93 calipers will fit with the dba708 rotors.

The twinpot calipers won't, and they can't use dba708 rotors anyway.

From looking at the toyota EPC, the suspension setup on the rear of the ae95 is completely different to the non 4wd corollas. The rear trailing arms are not present on the ae95.

It may not be a bolt on conversion to fit the rear brakes onto the ae95.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:working a stock 3t worth it?
Next Topic:7MGTE Dipstick Length
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:03:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048050880432129 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.